Thirty Two

Sofia

" Get the fuck off of her." I hear a familiar deep voice say.

Connor

The man's face drops pale when he notices Connor. His hands move up in defeat, quickly turning around to walk away.

I don't even bother to turn around as I'm about to keep walking forward. I fail when Connors hand wraps around my waist, pulling me back into his chest.

"Why do you keep avoiding me?" He asks, his voice low.

I could already feel the murderous eyes of all the women on me. So much for trying to avoid him.

" What do you want." I scowl, ignoring his question as I try getting out of his arms.

" Would you just listen to me for a second?" He glowers, turning me around so I was now facing him.

" Why? So you can point out every woman here you've slept with?" I say, looking up at his face. It felt like I hadn't seen him in so long, even though it's only been a day.

"You know I don't do that anymore, Sofia. Ever since I met you I haven't touched or looked at any other woman the way I look at you, capisci?" He says, looking down at me, his eyes dangerous.

I look away from him, but his hand moves to my jaw and forces me to face him again. " Do you understand, principessa?" He says and I nod my head, feeling my face go red as he kisses my forehead.

" Everyone's watching us." I mumble, looking up at him.

" Should we go to a room then?" He says mischievously and I push his chest away as he smirks.

I freeze when I see Claire and Laila at the bar, their jaws dropped as they look in between us. Laila gives me the dirties look before they both walk away.

Well, that worked out terribly.

I only then realize I had left my phone next to the pool by the tanning chairs. " That's what I forgot." I say to myself.

" What is it?" Connors asks, putting his sunglasses on me. Only then did I notice his initials engraved on the side of them. First the gun and now the sunglasses, he really did love his initials.

" I forgot my phone by the pool." I say, fixing the sunglasses on my face.

" You must've been too distracted looking at me." Connor says and I roll my eyes as we walk back down to where the pool was. It seemed as if the guests had doubled by now, which meant even more stares.

It had also gotten a little darker outside, which meant it'd be harder to find. Connor went to look on one side of the pool as I looked at a different side so we could find it quicker.

" Sofia, is this your phone?" I hear a voice, and look up to find Laila holding my phone in her hand by the pool.

" Oh my gosh thank you so much I thought it was gone forever." I say as I walk up to her, about to take the phone she had held out.

I watch as she drops the phone in the water before I can even reach it, on purpose. The phone starts sinking lower and lower in the water.

" Oops, how clumsy of me. Sorry about that." She frowns. A crowd forms around us, watching the scene before them but I just ignore her, kneeling down to try to reach for the phone.

" Damn, kneel down like that for me." I hear a man laugh and I freeze trying to get the phone, just letting it sink further.

Everyone starts to laugh and I feel my eyes water, trying my best to ignore their disgusting words. I watch the phone sink too far for me to grab anymore, my watery eyes moving up to Laila's.

" Why?" I can barely say, my voice shaky.

" Are you that poor you can't buy a new one? Isn't that pathetic?" Laila scoff's as she ignores my question.

" Look at that, even her husband doesn't like her." Claire pouts, and I look over to where everyone was staring. I feel my stomach drop when I see Isabella's lips on Connors.

" What's going on? Leave her alone!" I hear Allison's voice scream but everything suddenly sounds muffled when I'm pushed into the water.

I can't swim

Before I sink any further Allison pushes through the crowd, jumping into the water and holding me up.

" It's okay Sofia, ignore them okay? I got you." She says, pulling me out of the water. I choke out some water, feeling tears burn my cheeks.

Did they all think this was funny? Bringing someone down for their own entertainment? And Connor, how could he? He told me he liked me, he told me he doesn't do that anymore and with Isabella? I thought we were friends.

" Allison they humiliated me." I sob as she wraps a towel around me and we walk away from the pool.

" It's okay Sofia, they're just jealous okay?" She says but I shake my head no, my hands shaking.

" What did I do I don't get it." I cry, moving my head onto her shoulder.

Was this Isabella's plan all along?

" I heard what happened, is she okay?" I hear Matteo's voice walking up. Allison shakes her head no.

" Hey, we're going to take you back okay? Hang in there." Matteo says, looking into my eyes. All three of our heads turn when screams start coming from the large crowd.

" Fuck." Matteo says before running into the crowd. Allison and I look at each other confused before moving closer to see what was going on.

" Kneel." Connors deep voice booms to the man who had said those nasty words earlier. His gun was pointed at the man's head and he sobs as he moves on his knees, his hands up.

" P..please I'm sorry I..it was just a j..oke man." He cries.

Connor kneels down face level with the man, a murderous look in his eyes. " One more word out of your fucking mouth and I'll shoot your brains out, bene?" He says. The man is about to open his mouth but Connor lands a hard punch straight at his face.

My eyes widen when I see Laila, Claire, and Isabella also being held by 2 of Connors men as they stood terrified.

"I'll make sure to personally tell all your fathers why they've suddenly gone bankrupt." He says to them before shooting through each of their phones.

" Looks like you won't have any money to pay for a new one, bummer." He says before kicking all three phones in the pool.

" M..my parents aren't in any debt they can't go bankrupt!" Claire cries.

" You'd be surprised what your lovely parents do behind your back sweetheart." He says before all three of them scream as they get thrown into the pool.

" Let's go." Allison says and I nod my head as she continues taking me towards Matteo's car.

" He was kissing Isabella,why was he helping me?" I ask Allison.

"No, Connor saw everything. That traitor Isabella was trying to distract him the entire time and jumped on him as soon as you looked over." Allison says, handing me Connors button up I'd used as a cover up.

" Thank you." I sniffle as I pull it on, buttoning the shirt halfway.

" Hey, Connor is walking up to you. I'll see you later okay?" She says and I look around confused until my eyes land on Connor.

" You-" I gasp when he suddenly picks me up bridal style, walking out of the backyard and towards his car.

" I can never leave your side huh?" Connor smirks as he opens my door. Before he lets go of me I move myself to hug him, my arms around his neck.

" Thank you." I say, my heart racing when his hand moves around my waist, hugging me back.

I pull back from the hug, landing a short kiss on his lips. My face turns red as he looks down at me amused.

" Do that again I think I blinked." He says and I laugh as I shake my head no, getting down from the hug as I get into the passenger seat.
***

Y'all how did we get to 40k reads I'm so shocked thank you 😭😭 I also love reading all of your comments 🤍🤍