Thirteen

Sofia

" Sofia? Are you alive?" I hear a soft voice say, waking me from my sleep. I wince at the brightness of the sun in my face as my eyes slowly open, I was extremely comfy in the bed and really didn't want to get up.

A knock sounds from my door and I quickly get up with a groan, opening it to find Allison holding a tray in her hands with a large smile covering her face.

" Good morning miss, I brought you breakfast!" She says, and I smile softly as I take the tray while carefully walking over to the bed trying to not drop anything.

" Thank you Allison ." I say as I open it to find steaming hot chocolate chip pancakes with syrup and fresh fruits, a glass of orange juice on the side.

I almost drool at the sight of the food and quickly dig in to the sweet pancakes.

" Wow, he really went all out with these gifts." Allison says as she looks around the room. Everything was still where it was kept, untouched.

" You can take them, I don't want any of it." I say as I stuff my face with the food, looking outside through the large window.

" Why don't you want any of it? I'm sure Mr.Agosti spent a lot of time picking them out for you." She mumbles and I almost want to puke at the mention of his last name that I'd have to get my own changed to soon.

"I'm sure the maids he sleeps around with had a fun time picking them out." I snort, my pancakes nearly gone now.

Allison looks confused for a second until she looks over at my face that was probably still puffy from crying last night.

" Did you cry miss? If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" She asks, a worried expression covering her face.

I debate on telling her or not but decide I would, she was my only friend here and the only sensible one around this place.

" Connor and I kissed last night and he just stopped at one point and started to text someone and next thing you know a maid comes in." I mumble, thinking back to how pathetic I was.

" Was it a short blonde? That's Elizabeth White, she swears she's in a relationship with Mr.Agosti but we all know the truth." Allison gasps, fuming with anger and I nod my head at the description.

" I just don't understand, how could you kiss someone you know already hates you and then just like that bring another woman in. I felt pathetic, and angry that I even let him kiss me." I mumble, my appetite lost. I focus my attention on the large room that seemed to be my own at this point which I didn't mind at all.

" Allison , let's go on a walk." I say all of a sudden, before she is able to respond to my ranting.

" But miss the weddings tomorrow you must save all your energy and there's no way Mr. Agosti would let you outside-"

" What's the worst he can do? Shoot me?" I say, as I walk over to the bathroom to freshen up.

" See, that was easy!" I say, as I take in the fresh air, trying to distract myself from all Allison had said about Connors fuck buddy.

I wanted to not care but little me wishing for my own prince to marry was having her dreams crushed right in front of her, and I hated every second of it.

I hated every second I had to be with him

The sun kissed my skin for once in a long time and I turn to Allison who was looking around frantically, scared someone would find us.

" Oh come on Allison loosen up!" I say, and as she's about to say something a scream leaves my mouth when the sprinklers suddenly turn on, the cold water soaking me.