Fifteen

Sofia

" What's a bride doing looking so sad on her wedding day?" I hear a masculine voice say as I'm about to walk in, my head quickly moving to the side at the sudden voice, a man around 5'10 with hair so blonde it nearly looked white looking at me with a boyish smile.

" Oh, I was just about to go inside." I laugh nervously, not knowing if I should be trusting him or not especially since this entire ceremony was filled with people in the Russian and Italian mafia.

He holds out his hand to me with a big smile, his eyes glowing under the light. " Of course miss, the names Sebastian Kuznetzof I apologize for the late introduction." He chuckles as I hesitantly bring my hand out to shake his own.

" You're Russian?" I ask after hearing his name.

" Of course, it is quite disappointing seeing our Russian leaders beautiful daughter marrying that Italian scum." He sighs and I scrunch my eyebrows together at his choice of words.

" Right.." I say, moving my hand back from his own.

" Oh come on, even I can tell this was all arranged, it's okay I hate him just as much as you do." He whispers jokingly but I don't think it was a joke.

How did he even know our marriage was arranged? It couldn't have been that obvious..

" See you inside then, he's probably going to get angry if you don't get out there soon enough." Sebastian laughs and I nod my head slowly as I watch him turn around and walk down the hall.

I think I was more shocked he even talked to me, I had been ignored by every man today. They either looked at the floor or completely avoided me.

Shaking my head I open the door and as soon as I walk out there's multiple congratulations getting thrown my way.

" Miss Agosti, what a gorgeous young woman you are!" An older woman says, coming up to me as she gently holds my hands and I smile at her.

" Thank you." I say, and this goes on and on until the thank you's almost sounded like some foreign language. I hadn't seen Connor anywhere, or my family, which was odd since they were at the ceremony not very long ago.

Every time I looked up from speaking to someone every man in the room immediately looked down, like I was some sort of disease. The only people who've talked to me were also woman, which was beginning to get odd. Did I do something wrong?

I'm about to head straight for the drinks until Connors father suddenly pops up right in front of me, a glass of wine In his hand and a large smile covering his face.

" My daughter in law! I've been waiting for this day for years!" He laughs, downing his wine and I'm about to reply until he sees one of his old friends and starts laughing while rushing over to him and speaking in rushed Italian.

I try to hold in a laugh as I walk over to the drinks. It probably wouldn't be good seen laughing at the former Italian Mafia leader.

I start pouring some drink that looked like fruit punch into a cup, downing it in seconds. I scrunch my face in disgust after realizing it's wine and quickly try looking for something else but nearly everything on the table was filled with expensive alcohol.

" So, where'd your prince run off to?" I hear the same voice from earlier say, and I look up in surprise when I see Sebastian leaning against the wall next to the drink table, a glass of vodka in his hand.

Typical.

" The bathroom." I lie, trying not to talk to him too much. There was something off about him and it was making me extremely uncomfortable.