Fourteen

Sofia

I'm going insane

I was waken up at 7am today and have been moving nonstop since then. Allison had to make sure no one disturbed me today so everything could go perfectly for the wedding. I had just finished a massage which was the most relaxed I've been all day.

" We'll start on hair and makeup soon but first I'll get you some fruits to snack on." One of the maids rambles on, checking things off of a list.

The wedding was at four thirty and It was almost half past one now. I sigh as I lean back in my chair, watching as the makeup and hair supplies were being set up.

I was dressed in a pink robe and my hair was fresh from getting washed, pulled up in a fluffy towel.

" Are you excited miss? Todays the big day!" One of the maids who I grew closer to today named Stacy said, her eyes glittering. I'm not sure she knew the true reality of this marriage that she seemed to adore so much.

She looked to be in her early 20's, with long black hair pulled into a bun and bright blue eyes.

I didn't want to ruin the mood for her so I decide to keep positive. " Of course I'm excited!" I laugh, and she smiles back at me.

" You must be so happy marrying the love of your life!" She screeches excitedly as she hands me the plate of fruits filled with fresh peaches, raspberries, kiwis, Strawberries, and pineapple.

" It is quite nice." I say, smiling as I take the plate but my eyes empty of any emotion.

" Stacy, that's enough speaking to the miss, get back to work." Another maid whispers to her, nudging Stacy's shoulder and she groans before walking over to where the rest of the maids were setting up the hair and makeup supplies.

" You look absolutely gorgeous, Miss Agosti!" Allison gasps as I walk out of the room, all the maids watching as they see how all their hard work turned out.

I look at myself in the mirror with the gorgeous white dress on, my hair curled loosely and diamond jewelry covering my neck, ears, and wrist.

" Wow." I whisper to myself, I never thought I could ever look like this, like I was a princess.

Sadly the beauty of the dress wasn't anything compared to what I had to agree to today, forever. I keep asking myself if I should just run away at this point and never come back but I knew I wasn't capable of it, especially if I was thinking I could ever hide from the Italian mafia.

" It's time to head over to the venue, miss." Allison says, and shortly after I'm escorted down to a shiny black limo by two of Connors men dressed in suits.

They had been looking at the floor the entire time, even when greeting me their eyes were glued to the ground.

Weird.

I get into the leather seats, smiling at the driver but he quickly averts his eyes from me.

I frown while leaning back in my seat, playing with my fingers. I look up at the two men through my lashes, wanting to create some small talk before it got any more awkward.

" So, what are your names?" I start, looking between both of them. They still had their eyes glued to the ground.

" My name is Joseph and this is Peter, he doesn't talk much." Joseph says and I squint my eyes at them. What is it with them and the floor?

" The view of the floor must be very beautiful today, huh?" I joke, but they don't respond and I sigh looking out of the window, hoping the driver gets lost or takes a wrong turn on the drive there so I didn't have to go to this wedding.