Thirty One

Sofia

" I'll see you guys tomorrow. Hopefully Connor even lets me go." I say, knowing he's already mad at me.

" He'll definitely let you go, Connor goes every year with Matteo." Isabella says as she opens her car door, a smile on her face as they both wave bye.

I wave back before hesitantly turning around, being faced with Connors angry death stare once more.

I walk up with a smile, hoping that makes him less angry.

" What were you doing? Why didn't you tell me where you were going?" Connor says as I walk up to him, my shopping bag in my hand. His eyes move up and down my body, ending back up at my face.

" I didn't want to disturb you." I say, making an excuse.

" What if someone hurt you? Do you know how easy you are to just take?" He says, moving off of the car and walking straight up to me. His tall frame towers over me as he looks down at me, his dark hair slightly messy.

I roll my eyes, crossing my hands over my chest. "Thats a little dramatic isn't it?" I say and he raises a challenging brow at me.

I shriek when Connor suddenly picks me up. He throws me over his shoulder easily, his hand on my lower back.

" Connor, put me down!" I whisper yell as he walks over to the passenger side of the car, putting me down.

" See how easy that was?" He says, opening the door for me. I look up at him with a glare before I get in the car.

" Dick." I mutter under my breath.

" Right now in the car?" He smirks as he gets into the drivers side, and I feel myself go red. I didn't mean for him to hear that, or take it that way.

" T..that's not what I meant." I ramble, nervously putting my seatbelt on.

The loud engine of the car sounds through the parking lot as Connor speeds back into the road. 

" Are you and Isabella friends?" Connors asks, turning to me before moving his eyes back on the road.

" Mhm, do you know her?" I ask curiously.

Connor shrugs and I scrunch my brows together. What was that supposed to mean?

He notices my confused face and grabs my hand that was rested on my lap, moving his fingers in between my own.

" He was Matteo's girlfriend, I never really talked to her." He says.

" I...I wasn't thinking anything else." I mumble, looking down at our hands clasped together, my stomach filling with butterflies.

" I never said that." He smirks and I nearly curse myself. Now he probably thinks I was jealous.

" I'm going to her pool party tomorrow." I say, trying to switch subjects.

" You mean the party every man goes to to look at ass and fuck? Hell no." He says lowly.

I feel my stomach drop when I realize what Isabella had said earlier, how Connor went there every year. Was he doing the same thing?

" I didn't ask if I could go or not. I'm pretty sure I can make that decision myself." I mumble, not wanting to even talk to him at all. I don't even know why I was surprised.

I notice his jaw clenching from my peripheral vision, but I ignore him as I turn my head towards the window, looking out at the view.

" I'm coming with you then." He says after a couple minutes of silence.