Thirty Three

Sofia

" So, what were you and Matteo doing all last night?" I ask Allison curiously as I lay on the bed, biting into an apple.

" I'm not sure." Allison sighs, sitting down next to me. I scrunch my brows together, last night they seemed fine what happened?

" Why? Did it not go well?" I ask.

" Well, we both agreed we didn't want a relationship." She says and I look at her shocked. I really thought they would get in a relationship with the way they were looking at each other.

" But, we did have sex." She says, and I pause the big bite I was just going to take on my apple.

" Did you guys sneak inside the house then?" I say, still trying to process this. It was weird to think about, mainly because I just saw Matteo as an annoying brother.

" No, it was in the back of his car." She laughs nervously, her face turning bright red.

" No wonder you guys disappeared at some point." I say to myself, putting the pieces together now. They had been making out at some point then just disappeared.

" Well, I have to go back to work. I'll talk to you later." Allison sighs as she looks at the time. I nod my head, saying bye before she walks out.

It was boring around the house while Connor was working. Sometimes I'd see him around the house since most of the men worked here but usually I wasn't allowed to go where he was working.

I walk into the library since I had nothing better to do. I was surprised Connor even had a library in the house, I don't think I've ever seen him read a book.

I scroll through the books, trying to find one that catches my eye before landing on one. I stand on my toes as I try reaching for it, sighing in relief as my fingers barely even graze the binding. At least I was getting closer.

I gasp when I feel someone behind me, and a large hand grabs the book I wanted. I turn around confused until I realize it's Matteo.

He had a sly smirk on his face as he read the book title.

" You with the freaky books again." He says and I roll my eyes, crossing my hands over my chest.

" Give it back, I found it first." I say, reaching my hand out for him to give it back.

" Why would I do that? I think I might read this." He says, flipping through the pages.

" Matteo don't make me strangle you again." I say, gritting my teeth together as he laughs at me.

I flinch as he moves the book into my hands all of a sudden.

" I came here because I wanted to tell you something." He says, walking closer to me. I scrunch my brows together, holding the book close to my chest as I look up at him.

" What do you want to tell me?" I say, confused at why he was moving so close.

" I like you, Sofia." He says, looking down at me and I widen my eyes at the sudden confession.

" Matteo I like Conn-" He cuts me off before I can even finish.

" I know, don't say it to my face will you? I just wanted to let it out. I'm not here to sabotage your relationship." He shrugs and I purse my lips, wondering why he even liked me.

I watch in confusion as he suddenly bursts out laughing. " You really believed me? Are you insane?" He laughs, and I scoff in disbelief. Did I just get pranked?

" I'm just here to give you this, Connor got you a new one." Matteo says as he hands out a new phone to me. I slowly take the box, noticing it's the same color as Connor's.