𝗢𝘂𝘁

"Why did you call me here?" Izzy walks down the stairs of the underground railway Derek was currently staying at.

"I don't want you to get mad—."

"I'm already mad at you." Izzy scoffs. "Probably more than that."

"I'm sorry and—."

"Just tell me what you want?" Izzy cuts him off yet again. "Is there something wrong with Noah?"

"Its Issac..." Derek trails off before he motions for her to follow.

Izzy felt her heartbeat race as she follows her father walking into another part of the train station where the carts were. Through the window of one of the carts, she saw Issac crying into Noah's neck.

"Issac!" Izzy runs into the cart and towards the two. Issac looks up from Noah's neck and he gets up meeting Izzy half way. Izzy rubs the back of his neck. "What's wrong, Is?"

"My dad...He's dead..." Issac says through his sobs.

"Oh my god." Izzy holds him tighter moving them to sit back down. "And-And why are you here? Why didn't you come to me?"

Issac lifts his head up and glances at Derek who ran a hand over his face. Issac hides his face back in Izzy's neck, the girl slowly putting the pieces together. Izzy gives Issac back to Noah, who have the girl a small smile before going back to comforting the Lahey boy.

Izzy gets up and grabs her father by her arm and dragging back to where they previously were. Izzy turns and puts a silencing charm around them before she turns back to her father, going up to his chest.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Izzy exclaims. "Why-Why would you turn him?!"

"He was suffering and I just wanted to help." Derek says calmly.

"You want me to believe that you turned him with the intentions of trying to help him?"

"I did. I know how much he meant to you and—."

"That's bullshit." Izzy cuts in. "You took Issac's hurt...his weakness and used it so you could turn him and finally start building your pack."

"I did not." Derek sighs. "Why can't you just believe me?"

"Because lying kinda seems like your fort tay these past couple of weeks." Izzy responds. "And I know you better than anyone. I know
how you think."

"The bite could help him. It could make his life so much better." Derek tries. He truly was at a lot of words. He didn't know what to say or how to defend himself at this point.

"Or it could destroy it." Izzy retorts. "He could have problems controlling himself. He could lose himself especially with the fact that he doesn't have an anchor. So many things could go wrong..."

"I won't let it." Derek shakes his head.

"Let me ask you something." Izzy runs a hand through her hair. "Do you plan on turning anymore vulnerable teenagers?"

"We should go back to Issac." Derek ignores the question.

Izzy let's out a low chuckle. "You already have two teens already. Why stop there, right?"

Izzy removes the silencing charm before she walks back over to Issac. Issac looks at her.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It all happened so fast and—."

"It's okay, Issac." Izzy runs her hand through his soft curls. "I don't blame you. It's okay. I got you, okay Issac? I'm always here. Noah too apparently."

Just like she hoped she got a chuckle out of the boy putting a smile on her face and on Noah's.

✮ ✭ ✫ ✬ ✯