𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘦

Isabelle stood face to face with the lizard like creature in front of her. It slowly circled her, she was careful not to make any sudden movements. Derek and Stiles watch, their hearts beating out of their chest.

Izzy went to throw it against the wall, but all of a sudden a figure leaps in front of Izzy and growls at the animal. The lizard leaps at Scott, they fight on the floor, Scott getting the upper hand up until the lizard wraps its tail around Scott's leg and throws him into a mirror. Izzy groans for him at the sound of the impact.

"Idiot." Izzy mutters to herself.

"Help him!" Stiles exclaims.

Izzy watches as the creature goes to attack Scott again, but Izzy picks it up, giving Scott time to move before throwing it against the mirror Scott went into. The creature quickly gets up and turns towards the mirror, it suddenly pauses and looks itself over in the glass.

Getting startled by its own reflection, it lets out a screech before it retreats, running up the wall and out one of the high windows. Izzy shared a look with Stiles. She gives him a shrug. "At least we aren't dead."

"You almost died!" Stiles and Derek shout.

"Scott did too, but we're fine!" Izzy shouts back. "Now get out of the damn pool!"

✮ ✭ ✫ ✬ ✯

Izzy stands next to Stiles, Noah, who met them after the whole pool incident, on her other side as they watch Scott plug in a USB drive into his laptop, that was sitting on his cars hood.

A file pops up and on the screen is pages and pages of unready writing, paragraphs of it. Stiles is the first one to speak up. "Is that even a language?!"

"How are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?" Scott sighs as he looks back at Derek and Izzy.

"It's called a Kanima." Izzy states. She links her arm with Noah's.

Stiles looks at her incredulously, an eyebrow raised. "You knew the whole time?"

"No." Izzy rolls her eyes. "I had to think it all over. I noticed only when it was confused by its own reflection."

"It doesn't know what it is." Scott pipes in.

"Or who." Derek adds.

"What else do you know?" Stiles looks between the two Hale's.

Derek shrugs. "Just stories. Rumors."

"But it's like us?" Scott questions.

"A shapeshifter?" Derek asks. Scott nods. "Yes. But it's-it's not right. It's like a..."

"An abomination." Stiles and Izzy say in unison. Derek nods and motions to his daughter and Noah to leave, Izzy places a kiss on Stiles's cheek before she goes to walk.

"Derek?" Scott calls to him causing him to stop. "We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents."

"You trust them?" Derek asks appalled.

"Nobody trusts anyone!" Scott snaps. That's the problem! While we're here, arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger, and faster than any of us, and it's killing people, and we still don't even know anything about it!"