Chapter 10 - Scold The Empress

Chapter 10

After eating, Tharn told Type to go with Eunuch Yong to instruct him on the things that they needed to transfer on Type's new Palace.

"Make yourself comfortable in your new home then I'll see you later tonight." Tharn kiss him on the forehead before he turn around.

Type's face turned beet red.

"How could he kiss me in front of everyone?! He's so shameless!" He grunted under his breath to avoid anyone from hearing it.

Yuli giggled on the side but her eyes scanned the surroundings, there were a few concubines walking around and some of the talk about what they saw.

"Do you have any thoughts about how His Highness favors Consort Lin too much to think that they just met a few days ago?" Concubine De whispered on the lady beside her.

Concubine Xia smirked, "No, I think they already met before, look at how close they are."

Concubine Xie hushed them, "Stop talking about anyone's back, just let them be as long as we will be far from the wrath of the Empress. Let the Empress focus her evil energy on Consort Lin, at least we can breath easy these days."

The two concubines nodded in agreement.

These past few days, they lived in harmony, the Empress didn't bother them because  the Emperor didn't call anyone of them.

At least they are safe, for now.

Yuli listened on their conversation and nudge Type on his shoulders as they walk slowly.

"Your Grace, you won't say anything about their gossips?"

Type chuckled, "No need for me to retaliate on petty things, they are right, my enemy is the Empress now. The moment I got His Highness' attention, my death certificate was already signed."

Yuli shivered in fear upon hearing that, her rosy cheeks turned pale in an instant.

Type noticed it and comforted her," You silly girl, don't fret, we need to be brave, Empress Ann is far more cunning and dangerous than Empress Park before, Empress Park is a lousy woman, she doesn't even know how to scheme, but Empress Ann is different, she grow up in Topkapi Palace, where fighting in the harem happens most of the time. So she's a tough enemy."

Eunuch Yong approach them.
"Walls have ears, please let's go to MOON PALACE to settle down, this servant is afraid about someone might hear your topic."

Type slap Yuli softly in the arm, "See! We should be careful." then he laugh out loud.

Yuli shook her head, her master is in a good mood.

Well, he spent the night with the Emperor, they ate together and later they will stay together again, who will not be in a good mood with that?

***

PHOENIX PALACE

Empress Ann sat on a soft chaise, while a servant feeds her with red grapes, it's a tribute from Ayutthaya Kingdom.

"The Emperor has arrived!" Eunuch Wang announces, making Empress Ann jolt to stand.

"Greetings Your Highness." They all kneeled.

Tharn look at them all in a sweep, "Rise all of you, except for the Empress and leave us both."

Empress Ann look up as her face hold a disbelief expression.

The Emperor let her kneel!

She look at his magnificent appearance, the black robe with golden dragon embroidery suits him well.

" Your Highness–—", She uttered but Emperor Ling hold up his hand stopping her.

"Back then when you hurt Zhen's concubines because they slept with Zhen, This Emperor didn't say anything nor you received any warning but this time, you've gone so far."

Empress Ann but her lower lip, she knew it, it was that slut Consort!

"You know that Consort Lin holds the peace of our Empire, the Empress of Siam warned Zhen back then that If We will hurt even a finger of Consort Lin, We will be at war. Now what did you do?" Tharn continued to lecture her.

"You clearly know that having a harem is a choice of the ministers and your obligation is to maintain the harem well but what are you doing now? Aside from Consort Lin who amongst the concubines recieved a punishment of food Deprivation and physical assault?!"

Empress Ann was render speechless, she didn't expect the Emperor to scold her like this, she felt insulted and belittled.

She look down and accepted it all, she kowtowed on the Emperor's feet.

"This wife is indeed in the wrong, please forgive Chenqi for her mistake."

"Get up, Zhen hopes that there is no next time about this." then, Tharn walk out of the room, leaving the Empress who still kneeling on the floor.

"Your Highness!" Lia immediately assisted her, "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm fine, prepare a bath for me. Inform the Bei family that they must let me know the moment brother will arrive. We need to talk first."

Lia nodded obediently, Empress Ann looked calm but she know deep inside she is raging.

Gritting her teeth, Empress Ann bowed in her heart that Consort Lin must pay on the insult and humiliation that she accepted today. She will have her pay tenfolds.

***
..