Chapter 27- Stripped of Power

Chapter 27

Author's Note;

Hello my lovely Baibies. Guess who's back.
Anyway, I have a news about the self Publishing of my Hot Daddy Series. By the end of this month, Sugar Daddy will start printing. And the rest will follow soon. I will inform you all once the books are ready to those who wants to avail.

Happy reading!

***

After the banquet, everything turned peaceful.
The Empress stayed in her Palace while the Emperor continued to do his tasks after he successfully coaxed Type.

One should know how hard Type can be coaxed. Back then in the modern era, once Type was mad, Tharn will be agitated and will try any means he can to coax him, which of course as effective as it is because Type is a softy.

Type didn't want to create a stir as of the moment so he stayed in his own Palace as well enjoying his own tranquility with his close subordinates.

"Master Tang sent a message, the top 100 assassins will be ready by tomorrow and they will be on call anytime Your Grace needs them." Bai Xiaoyu said as she fanned Type who's sitting beside the lotus pond.

"Alright, let them to wait. Now isn't the right time to use them. At this time of peace, I am sure that a storm is secretly brewing." Type said, leaning leisurely in the soft recliner.

"Your Grace, Eunuch Gong said that the Emperor is set to go on expedition by the seas, he wanted to explore using the newly built fleet." Eunuch Yong said, informing him.
Even though him and Type were best of friends in their modern lives but now in this era they are master and servant.
Mild or called now as Eunuch Yong opted to follow the rules to avoid problems and such.

And yes, Type is well aware that Tharn wanted to slowly apply modernisation in this era and not all officials were pleased about it but no one had a strength to stop him. He is the supreme ruler after all.

Thus the building of new ships, fleets, hospitals, academies and other infrastructures were all in rattle of speed eversince Tharn sat as the Emperor.

"We will be okay without His Majesty here, right Your Grace?" Bai Xiaoyu suddenly became worried. She already changed sides and is afraid about being killed when a storm surged. After all, the Imperial family will never be peaceful.

Type chuckled, "When I first saw Xiaoyu back then in the winter hunt banquet, she was a fierce and fearless assassin. But look at her now, it must be Yuli who turned her into a softy."

Yuli was taken a back, she gasp and shook her head, denying it with actions but not words.

Bai Xiaoyu immediately turned red in shame. "I... I- did... not!"

Type laugh happily that his body sway to and fro.

He calmed himself and pacified the ladies.
"Do not be worried, The Emperor has his own plan. Let's trust him."

***

Heavenly Hall

Tharn sat on the throne with his back straight, full of domineering airs.

Eunuch Gong read the Imperial edict.

"His Highness Emperor Ling Jiwon will set off to the south east to test the newly built fleet as well as the intention of bartering with the folks living there. Hereby ordered General Bei Yunxian to hand back the dragon tally* under his name to go with the Emperor while Prime Minister Bei should focus on directing the officials while the Emperor is away.

Her Higness the Empress is heavily pregnant thus unable to handle the harem well thus Concubine Chun shall be promoted as Honored Imperial Concubine to do the task.

As such, Imperial Consort Lin is conferred as temporary Empress Regent until His Highness' return, all the court affairs will be handled by Empress Regent Lin.

End of the edict."

The air inside the Heavenly Hall seems to froze, even with the warm braziers scattered inside didn't help to warmth the place.

With one Imperial edict, the entire Bei Clan is at risk. While Minister Chun's family was uplifted.

Who doesn't know that Minister Chun was Empress Regent Lin's maternal grandfather?

Prime Minister Bei felt like he aged 10 years more. His son General Bei Yunxian just got relieved from his post and the twenty thousand soldiers under him were confiscated.

It has been said the Prime minister Bei will handle the affairs of the Officials but it was taken back after Empress Regent Lin was conferred.

Also Empress Ann who wished to be pregnant to carry the crown prince.
She is now turned into a useless Empress, locked inside her Palace.

This great move disabled Prime Minister Bei's bad intentions and plans once the Emperor is away.

By the end of that day, Empress Ann broke all the porcelains she glanced at to vent her anger. Her well cherished position was once again snatched by that slut Consort!

She stopped when she starts to bleed and was warned of miscarriage.

She don't want to lost her child. This is her ace to kill Empress Regent Lin.

***

All of this events from Heavenly Hall upto the Phoenix Palace were told by Yuli in a very animated way to Type who's leisurely sitting in the soft couched being fed by Bai Xiaoyu.
The little gentle lady fed Type with grapes.

"Empress Regent Lin." Yuli and Xiaoyu said in unison sending goosebumps all over his body.

"Stop it! Anyway, my cousin is promoted as well, please make sure that no one will mess up with her. " Type commanded.

"Yes, Your Highness. Ah! This is so exciting. When we first arrived here, all of them look at us with hostility. But now look at the entire situation. The dragon tally of twenty thousand soldiers will soon be handed to Master. This servant heard that the news are already spread to the army camps so that all of them will listen only to the Empress Regent." Yuli said in full delight. She is grinning wide.

Bai Xiaoyu is also fascinated.
"So powerful..."

Heh. Type inwardly smirked.
He did not doubt Tharn at all, it is a great plan.

***

Footnote :

Tiger tally/Dragon tally ; based on my own understanding, it is a list of names of soldiers under a certain officer, then a token or seal made with jade was carved with it to used as in identification. Like an ID in the modern era.

The bookset