Chapter 33- Treason

Chapter 33

Type was still muddleheaded upon the changes of the Emperor who came back from his voyage. He slowly doubted himself.

The danmei and wuxia novels that he read before alongside Tharn were all transmigrated leads, but they all exceed and did well, even Empress Han whom he suspected as a transmigrator

But what about him? He is such a failure and a disgrace to all transmigrators in all dimensions.

He is weak and did not do well.

Type admitted it all. He relies on Tharn a lot even before back to the modern times, and now that Tharn has changed.

He felt lost.

Type fixed his gaze on the teacup he's holding, the flowers floated on the tea, and it tasted particularly refreshing.

His ears prick up when he heard rustle and bustle of the falling leaves that were stepped by someone.

Lin Qing jumps to assault the uninvited newcomer.

"Who are you?" Type said as his eyes looked at the man.

"Second rank general of the Imperial guards, Bo Lin greets Her Grace, Imperial Consort Lin."

"General Bo, to whom do I owe your nightly visit?" Type calmly asked as he lied down on the recliner.

Under the shining moon, he looked like a lazy fairy.

"The emperor summoned the guards to arrest the Lin and Chun family for treason. Any time soon, they will make a move and attack Moon Palace. Will Her Grace Imperial Consort Lin put on a fight or surrender? This lowly general was indebted to the Emperor. Emperor Ling raised me up to being a second rank General when he first sat on his throne. I am returning the favour."

Type smirked, "Then, General Bo, aren't you repaying the wrong person. That man should be sitting on the throne now."

"Your Grace, this lowly General believes that he is fake."

Type look at the surrounding and signalled Lin Qing to guard out.

"What do you mean?"

Bo Lin calmly heaves a sigh, as if he is battling for himself.

"The emperor never put his own benefits against the people. Eversince he got on the throne, it was always people first before his own desire. That's why his harem was not full, his duties were completed on exact times, and he never treated Your Grace badly."

Type nodded, he knows that.

"Do you also think that he is an imposter?"

Bo Lin nodded. "He is. The emperor back then asked me to raise his own private army, and the current emperor did not know that, this lowly general would summon them to look around for him."

Before Bo Lin stood up to leave, a white pigeon dropped on his shoulder.

It was a snow white small peigeon. The feet were red, and it looked cute.

Bo Lin knows his fiancé sent this. He's wondering what? He just sent a letter there, and it would reach approximately two days later.

"What is that, General?" Type put down his teacup and gave his full attention.

"A letter from my fiancé." He said as he quickly untied the letter from the pigeon and read it.

Type raise his eye brow but said nothing, yet his curiosity picked up when he saw General Bo's face, paled.

"General Bo?" Type asked, wondering what it is.

Bo Lin slowly gave him the letter.
His face void of emotions, but his eyes were sparkling.

Type hastily accepted the letter.

"The real dragon was found laying beside Yangtze river, in hibernation, quite wounded but recovering. Don't fall for the pit created by the fake dragon. Must stay full alert.
Call the knights for rescue."

Type read it again and again to understand.

The real dragon.
The fake dragon.

Yangtze River.

Hibernation.

His eyes lit up.

"The real emperor was saved by your fiancé?"

Bo Lin nodded. "I was also shocked. I sent her a letter asking for guidance when the fake emperor ordered arrest for Her Grace's family. My fiancée is amazing in political affairs. She became quite knowledgeable in politics and medicine since she woke up. She kept on asking me about Yuan and Siam empire."

"General, you did not even think that she might be a spy?"

Bo Lin shook his head, "Not at all. We grew up together. My journey to became second rank General was all thanks to her."

Type whistled, and Lin Wing appears.

"Lin Qing, notify Lin Bai and Lin Shu.
Tell them to notify my parents and grandparents to go with the flow when the emperor arrests them. Eunuch Yong, get Imperial Physician Weng to go with you. Also, choose 50 warriors from the Top 100 we got from Jianghu, depart to rescue the emperor. I will trouble General Bo to give the location. The emperor should come back before that fake bastard destroys his handwork."

The three called, kneeled, and answered,

"Yes!"

"I will hold up and wait until you return. Disperse!"

***

South Border Military Barracks

"General Chun Hulian, Third Battalion Commander Lin Yie, you are suspected of committing treason, come with us for further investigation."

All the soldiers surrounding them were stunned.

General Chun Hulian was Imperial Consort Lin's maternal grandfather and was the general who fought alongside Emperor Ling's father on the battleground. How the hell did this old general commit treason?

Also, Lin Yie, the new Battalion Commander, the elder brother of Imperial Consort Lin, is a promising young general.

What is the conspiracy behind these arrests?

Following that, the whole capital was shocked when the news of the entire Chun and Lin family were arrested for treason.

Lin family was a merchant clan. All their businesses were close and besiege.

The Chun family was a military family. The same happened to them as well.

Honoured Imperial Concubine Chun was arrested as well while she was strolling in the gardens.

Even the Moon Palace, where the favourite and doted Imperial Consort Lin was attacked.

Type calmly look at the emperor as he majestically walks inside.

"You are not the Emperor." Type calmly said. He did not even show any respects such as greetings and kneeling.

His heart ached for his 50 top-tier assassins who died as they protected him.

"As expected from a person of Siam."

"Who are you?"

"It doesn’t matter. I am Ling Jiwon."

Type narrowed his eyes and smirked.
"Shameless. Assuming other person's identity."

"Then do you have any evidence? Will you expose me?" Tang Xie laugh out loud. It sounded sinister.

"Arrest Imperial Consort Lin and prepare for execution!"

Tang Xie left with a flick of his sleeve.