Chapter 26- Banquet Part 2

While everyone is eating, Concubine Die sneered at Imperial Consort Lin.

"Her Grace just arrived at the Palace, does her grace knew what this banquet for?" She smiled at Type whose clearly enjoying the pastry in front of him.

"Oh? What does Concubine Die means?" Type put down his chopsticks and looked at Concubine Die with eyes full of interest.

"Your Grace has been the Emperor's favorite since you came here in Yuan, even when Her Grace was sent in Fenghuang Temple, His Majesty went many times to visit, but the Empress is already pregnant, could it be that Imperial Consort Lin is a hen that cannot lay eggs*?" Concubine Die said smugly, her voice slightly loud but even with the music, everyone still heard what she said.

Everyone looked at Imperial Consort Lin, their eyes displays an emotion of mockery, disdain and envy.

Who does not want to be favored by the Emperor? Even the unmarried talented young ladies of Noble families wanted to join a selection of Concubines for him. Being doted and favored by the Emperor means fame, wealth and a supreme position.

Type sneered and look at her in eyes full of disdain, who asked this woman to be brainless.

"Concubine Die, This Consort just arrived here in Yuan for what? A couple of months? Four or Five months at the very least, yet you are questioning my ability to procreate and conceiving. May I ask Concubines Die since when you became His Highness's Concubine? I heard that you were with him since he sat on the dragon throne probably more than two years, yet you did not produce a Prince. Could it be that you are a hen that cannot lay eggs?"

Everyone could not stop their will to laugh so they covered their mouths with handkerchiefs or fans just yo stop themselves from laughing hard.

Concubine Die's face turned green and red in anger, she opened her mouth and closed it, unable to retort back.

"Who asked her to humiliate Improve Consort Lin, she shoot herself on the foot!"

"She's clearly jealous of the Empress' pregnancy yet she's using Imperial Consort Lin to sow discord."

"A lowly Concubine dared to insult a favored Imperial Consort, how shameless."

Concubine Die clearly heard their muffled whispers and it infuriates her more.

"Imperial Consort Lin!" She roared in anger.

"Your Highness, this lowly Consort begged your pardon for offending Her Highness' pregnancy banquet but Concubine Die is clearer hot headed, she needs to cool down in the Ice Palace." Type said and he kneeled.

"Imperial Consort Lin don't go too far!" Concubine Die roared in anger.

She looked at the Empress in her soft gaze, "Your Highness—"

She wanted to beg but a cold voice stilled everyone, "Since Concubine Die is hot headed, send her to the Ice Palace and let her reflect for her mistake."

Everyone looked at the door and saw the Emperor standing in his majestic dragon robe.

Concubine Die felt like her energy was sucked out, she propped in the floor.
"Your Majesty—"

"Eunuch Gong!" Tharn looked at her in displeased eyes.

"Escort Concubine Die to the Ice Palace."

Tharn look at everyone.
"Zhen thanked everyone for attending this Emperor's Empress pregnancy banquet, please continue to e joy and don't mind what happened."

Then he walked to Type and affectionately pat his head, "Are you okay?"

Type wanted to roll his eyes.
"Thanking His Majesty for the concern, this Consort is fine."

"It's good that you are fine." He looked at Type one more time and walk to the Empress.

"My Empress, it's been hard on you. Quickly, bring in Zhen's gift for the Empress." Tharn held Empress Ann's hand and instructed.

Everyone was filled with e vy as they look at the chests filled with treasures being carried in the banquet Hall.

"Your Majesty, this wife is eternally grateful." Her eyes reddened.

Empress Ann did not even once believed that this would happen.

The Emperor is here! He even gifted her a lot of treasures. If this is a dream, she won't ever want to wake up.

Type inwardly snorted.
He early knew that the Empress is having a wishful thinking.

"It's finished! The Emperor is feed up with Imper Consort Lin!" A murmur was heard but no one knew who it was.

"What's wrong if His Majesty dotes on the Empress? She's pregnant it is only right to pamper her."

"Your Grace," Bai Xiaoyu felt bad for her new master.

Type patted her shoulders, silently saying it is okay.

He look at the Empress and inwardly said, 'I will let you have a taste of victory so if you will fall, it will be so painful that you will sit your death rather than your survival. '

***

An: Hen that cannot lay eggs means INFERTILE.