Chapter 11- General Bei Yunxian

11

Late that night, Empress Ann secretly sneak out of her Palace and went to the Bei Manor.

She received a letter informing her that the first young master arrived from the borders.

General Bei Yunxian is the eldest son of Prime Minister Bei, his other sons are insignificant for him because they were concubine born

(AN: it was a tradition to value the son born from the first wife rather than the son born from a concubine)

General Bei Yunxian is the only son of his legal wife, hence he adopted the Empress as his God-daughter along with the personal reason to gain more power in the court.

The end of the Bai Family, the former Prime Minister is somewhat related to The Bei family.

Prime Minister Bei did something to push The Bai Family to their deaths and now, he is the new Prime Minister. The power, wealth and honor are his.

Empress Ann arrived and she entered from a secret door, Prime Minister Bei meet her and they go to the courtyard of his General son.

General Bei Yunxian is a handsome and valiant man.
Empress Ann is unable to take her eyes off of him.

"Da-ge*! MeiMei**is happy that you are fine!" Empress Ann softly said as she look down, like a little child.

Since she arrived here in Yuan and the moment the Bei family took her as their God-daughter, General Bei Yunxian acts like her real big brother.

Bei Yunxian reach his hand to mess her hair like he usually do, it's been a year since the last time he saw her after he went to the borders.
This woman grew even more beautiful.

He recalled Empress Ann was just 17 when she arrived in Yuan from Istanbul, and now she became a pure and gentle lady.

"I almost didn't recognize MeiMei, how come you grew a lot," He laugh a bit.

"Get inside, I guess you came here because you have something to discuss." Prime Minister Bei said and push the two in, "We cannot stay outside, walls have ears."

Empress Ann fixed her hoodie before walking in the huge courtyard.

General Bei Yunxian is in his prime age of 22, but he does not take in a wife even a concubine. Empress Ann wanted to advise him to have one or two women to be his bed warmer but General Bei Yunxian gracefully rejected her as his reason was he is rarely staying at the Capital for his main duty is to protect the borders.

"I would like to taste a tea being brewed by MeiMei, if MeiMei will do me the honor," Bei Yunxian gestures her the tea set, the pot and the tea leaves.

"Sure! It's my pleasure Da-ge wanted to try my brewed tea, how about father? Would father like to drink also?" Empress Ann happily walk to the table and examined the tea.

Prime Minister Bei wanted to stop her but seeing her happy and far from being depressed while staying in the Palace makes his heart wrench.

"Please make for me too."

Empress Ann smiled, "Alright."

Prime Minister Bei and General Bei Yunxian look at each other, they wanted to ask her about her worries but they don't want to stress her more, this they waited until she finished brewing the tea.

"Here you go," Empress Ann pour the fragrant tea on the tea cups.
"Try it, how is it?"

The son and father duo slowly took a sip.

"It's delicious."

"It's probably the best tea I tasted after staying for a year in the borders."

Prime Minister Bei nodded, "The Empress is indeed the best in brewing tea. I hope the Emperor will have the chance to drink this."

General Bei Yunxian look confused.
"What do you mean father? The Emperor neglected MeiMei most of the time?!"

Empress Ann's gentle demeanor was replaced with a menacing one.

"At first, he was alright with me, he treated me well, I allowed him to touched and accepted a lot of concubines given by the officials even though he didn't even spend the a single night with me, I accept it, I am used to it. But ever since the slut Consort from Siam came, he changed! He didn't even bother to look at me. And then just this noon, he made me kneel! It's so insulting! Father! You must avenge me!" she cried, her tears made her more looking pitiful.

General Bei Yunxian felt like his heart is being pricked by needles, but he is not unreasonable to lash out.

"Tell me what happened?"

Empress Ann looked away as she slowly narrated what happened, of course she twisted the real reason why she was scolded by the Emperor and made Consort Lin the wrong one.

"The Emperor is indeed cold blooded, how could he do that to his Empress?" Prime Minister Bei shouted.
"We need to teach him a lesson, leave it to me."

"Father must not do a mistake!" Empress Ann and General Bei Yunxian said in unison.

"Of course, I will have my people do it, they won't know that it was me who gave the order, you will know it in the Winter Banquet."

Empress Ann is comforted, she went back to her palace and she have a good sleep.

***

MOON PALACE

Type got tired of strolling the whole place, he looked all around and was satisfied so he told Yuli to request food from the Imperial Kitchen and said that the Emperor will eat dinner with h as he go to take a bath.

When Type was done, Yuli dressed him in his normal house dress when Eunuch Gong arrived, holding a scroll.

"Eunuch Gong, this Consort isn't ready, I was not prepared for this so I didn't dress well, did I disregard the Imperial Code of Ethics?" Type got worried, this is the Ancient times, if words got out, it will be trouble for Tharn. He should be careful.

Eunuch Gong smiled.

"The Emperor is right outside, waiting for this servant to be done on my task, please kneel down Consort Lin to accept the Imperial edict."

Type kneeled down immediately knowing that Tharn is already waiting outside.

"Consort Lin is a foreign person sent to this Empire and showed vast knowledge, good ethics and benevolence towards the Emperor, hence He is named from hereon as Imperial Consort Lin, Moon Palace will be her residence until the Emperor said so, she will accept three chests of gems, three bolts of brocade, two bolts of satin, 1 bolt of moonlight silk to make a few dresses on her liking, Imperial Consort Lin, please accept the decree."

***

Footnotes :

* (Da-ge : big brother)

** (Meimei: little sister