Chapter 21- Punished With 50 Lashes

It's nearing dawn when Type get out of the forest, feeling dejected. He did not found Yuli and instead almost get on the trap.

Lin Qing hide away the moment they got out but Consort Lin was immediately surrounded by Imperial guards.

"Her Highness the Empress ordered Consort Lin to be arrested in behalf of the Emperor for breaking the Imperial rule on the hunting ground! Take Her Grace away!" the leader of the Imperial Guard said, almost unable to stood straight.

Who did not know that Consort Lin is the most favorite of the Emperor? Surely the Empress is messing around, grabbing an opportunity to vent her anger and jealousy!

Type calmly go with them, he understand now. Yuli didn't went missing but this is all devised by the Empress so she can have her ways on him.

Such a brilliant trap. Now Type admired Empress Han the most, back then when Empress Park plotted on him he did his best to countered it but now, Type felt he is hopeless.

He is far from the amazing Empress Han. He cannot be like him. He does not have any choice now but to accept the punishment of the Empress.

Surely, Empress Ann cannot be underestimated.
Empress Park of Siam is far away behind her schemes.

He calmly walked, the guards did not even bother to hold him, holding the Emperor's Consort can lead to their deaths! They still want to keep their heads.

When Type arrived at the tents, A maidsercant pushed him inside the Empress' tent.

Empress Ann sat on a luxurious couch, her black dressed suits her very well but the glint of loathing glistened in her eyes.

"Your Highness." Type greeted her.

"Kneel!" Empress Ann shouted.

Type fell in his knees willingly which caught Empress Ann taken a back, she expected Consort Lin to cause a ruckus and fight back but she is disappointed.

"Do you know you are wrong?!" she asked Consort Lin imposingly.

"Yes, Your Highness. But it was His Highness the Emperor who set the rules. This Consort will accept any of it." Type said calmly.

Empress Ann sneered, "The Emperor? He is too tired to even get up, I spent the whole night with him."

Type wanted to laugh out loud. There is no way that Tharn will sleep after fooling around the whole night, in their past lives, Type is always the one who will end up to passed out of exhaustion while Tharn was still full of energy. Surely, the Empress is lying!

Empress Ann looked at Consort Lin, she is not happy that she did not see fear in his eyes. She felt more mad!

"Handling the Harem is always this Empress' duties. It is true that the Emperor set the rule but As his legally wedded wife, it is my duty to handle the harem. Thus punishing you is my duty. You clearly broke the rule. 50 lashes! Get the whip!" Empress Ann commanded as Type remained kneeling  before her.

Yuli and Xiao Shia came and kneeled before Type, hiding him on their backs.

Yuli frantically pleaded, "Your Highness! Please punish this servant instead! My master did it for my sake. Please punish me instead!"

"A mere servant like you can cause her master a punishment, what a brilliant master you are, Consort Lin." Empress Ann said as her black dress and golden crown embedded with rubies shines Againts the morning sun.

She raise her hand, accepted the whip made of Whiptail Stingray.

"Remove Consort Lin's outer robe and everyone except her retreat!" she commanded despite Yuli and Xiao Shia cries and pleaded they were pulled away.

After a maidservant removed Type's outer robe, Empress Ann started to whipped Type on his back.

The first strike is definitely forceful and strong immediately tearing Type's clothes, the second hit tear his delicate skin, drawing blood, his teared clothes directly got wet by the blood.
Type didn't even utter a word. He just look straight.

Sweat formed in his forehead, he felt numb, the pain numb his senses. He greeted his teeth in silence.
The word revenge rooted in his heart.

Endure for now.

Empress Ann gave her all strength in whipping Type, the more blood came out of his teared skin made her happy and elated! The more she hit the whip on his back made her felt contented!

After the 50th lashes, Type is almost groveling in the ground yet he didn't say anything. He moved and keep his back straight and look at the Empress who looked like she lost her strength.

"This Empress used Consort Lin as and example that everyone should be mindful on their actions! This Empress hopes that Consort Lin learned some lessons today!"

Type gritted his teeth, the sweat on his forehead dripped down his face. The pain in his back is unbearable.

"Thanking Her Highness The Empress for the lesson, This Consort wanted to excuse myself."

Yuli cried and helped him up, "Master, I'm sorry, I deserve to die!"

"Help me to walk back to my tent."

Xiao Shia helped him as well.

They were about to get out when the Emperor came in. Lin Qing went in his tent and woke him up pressing his acupuncture points. He was drugged and too drunk last night to remember what happened. Lin Qing reported to him that Type is being punished by the Empress on her tent.

"What happened?!" Emperor Jiwon's voiced roared inside the tent.

Empress Ann who was still holding the bloody whip frozed.

How come the Emperor wake up early?

"This wife taught Consort Lin some lesson, after His Highness spent the night with me, Consort Lin went out to the forest at night to look for her maidservant, Consort Lin broke a rule and it is only right for her to get punished to not be unfair to those who received punishments and to set as an example, My Emperor, don't you think so?" Empress Ann calmly said as she handed the whip to Lia and wiped her hands.

Tharn was flabbergasted! He looked at Type who's pale and shivering.

"This Emperor will deal with you later!" he threatened Empress Ann with his deep gaze, making her heart thump.

Tharn scooped Type, carrying him on his back.

He head towards the carriage.

The ministers looked at each other and watched the scene.

"The hunt has ended! Everyone head back to the capital!" Emperor Jiwon ordered, then rode the carriage with Type.

Type didn't say anything along the way, the pain in his back is killing him. It's too painful that even a small move can make him shiver in pain. His vision got blurry, his face paled even more.

"Baobei! I'm sorry. Babe, I'm sorry. I'm too useless!" Tharn keep on saying as he caress Type's colorless cheeks.

Type closed his eyes tightly.

'Emoress Ann, The pain I felt today, I will return it to you... Thousandfolds.'