Chapter 15- Winter Banquet Part 2

Chapter 15

Concubine Xia cried when she felt her flawless skin stinging in pain, she felt it with her dainty hands and she scream while seeing the blood.

"My face! Your Highness! Imperial Consort Lin did it on purpose! Please give justice to this lowly concubine."

Type smirks at what he heard then he look at Tharn who's sitting in the throne with a ghost smile in his face.

Type is really naughty.

"Your Highness witnessed that we both signed a life and death agreement. Why did I do it on purpose? This Imperial Consort didn't have any reason to do so."

Empress Ann pursed her lips, this night is still young and their plan must proceed.

"May This Empress request Concubine Xia to be treated on her chamber so the rest of our ceremony will proceed."

Minister Xia wanted to opposed but Tharn nodded his head.

"Have someone to take Concubine Xia back to her chambers, she needed to recuperate on her wounds."

Concubine Xia's face paled, she clearly losses the favor of the Emperor.

Concubine Chun smiled brightly, she would have her chance to replace Concubine Xia then.

Empress Ann look at Type on the side, "This Empress heard that Imperial Consort Lin really did her best to practiced the zither day and night, This Empress even heard some melodious music back in my Palace, may This Empress recquest to Imperial Consort Lin to play us what you had mastered?"

'Fuck, this woman really want to bring me down.' Type cursed.

"I would like to asked a dancer to accompany Imperial Consort Lin for it."
Minister Chun suggested.

Tharn sensed that something isn't right but Type is surprisingly calmed.

Type motioned Yuli to get the zither, then he sat in the middle of the platform.

"Please pardon this Imperial Consort if ever she pluck a wrong string."

Type started to pluck the strings, a melodious tone graced the air, but it was foreign to the ears of the people of Yuan. They concluded that this was the music of the people of Siam.

"It's been a long day, without you my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, we've come a long way, from where we began, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again, oh oh ohhh."

Tharn look away when he heard a popular modern song, he knew that Type is thinking about their friend, Mild and hoping that he was with them now in this ancient time.

Everyone is turning sad when a lady entered the platform wearing a white fluttering dance clothes, her sleeves are wide and her movements are swift and agile, she move in every strum of the zither strings.

When the song concluded, no one see what's her moves but Type is observing her the moment she came in.

When the dancer secretly pulled a weapon hidden from her hair, she continued dancing while secretly raising her hand to throw the small dagger, to the dragon throne, aiming for the Emperor. Type swiftly pull his sharp pin and target the wrist of the woman, like a dart.

Everyone went stiff when they witness what happened.

"Protect the Emperor!" Eunuch Gong shouted whirl Type is disabling the struggling woman.
"Protect the Empress!"

The guests screams in fear while guards roam in checking the whole banquet hall.
Evereyone was lead on one side of the hall, Empress Ann was sent back to her palace so as the remaining Concubines to their respective chambers while Type remained, standing beside the throne where Tharn is sternly sitting.

Type move and crouched down to the woman being held tight by Eunuch Yong and Eunuch Gong, He searched the insides of the woman's mouth, searching for possible poison hidden within, Assassins in this Era hides poison on their teeth in times like this that they will get caught, they will bite the poison and die.
He slide his finger on her mouth and found a small packet hidden in her lower canine teeth.

"Your Highness! This woman is an Assassin!" Type showed him the poison packet and the dagger. Eunuch Gong is now tying the woman securely.

"Take her away! Make her admit who had the guts to attacked Zhen in this lively occasion."

Eunuch Gong assented and dragged the woman to the dungeon.

Prime Minister Bei clicked his tongue.
"I wonder how Imperial Consort Lin know that and found out about it?"

Type smiled at him, "Back then in Siam, Assassinations in any ways are rampant, so one should learn how to observe any suspicious environment and person to avoid any problems arise, don't you think so, Prime Minister Bei?"

That smile somewhat made Prime Minister Bei pale so he look at Minister Chun on the side to vent on him, ignoring Type on the process.

"Minister Chun! You should be held accountable because you were the one who suggested to have a dancer for that performance. Might as well say your part."

Minister Chun politely got up, "This Minister did not understand what Prime Minister Bei wanted to say but this official only suggested to add the vibe for the music. This official does not have any knowledge about the dancers as well, cause this official is an old man who is expert in the battle field."

Type raise his brow, Prime Minister Bei is simply framing his grandfather, no... The real Consort Lin's grandfather.

"The Assassin was caught and will soon to be interrogated, This Imperial Consort will hope that justice will prevail if someone wanted to ruin the Lin and Chun family, don't you think so, Prime Minister Bei?" Type sweetly said as he lifted his fan and open it to cover his lips.

"The Imperial Consort is right." Prime Minister Bei agreed, but deep inside he is seething in anger.

"Then this banquet is over, everyone will meet tomorrow at the site where the Hunt will start." Tharn turned around, annoyed while pulling Type with him.

Type look at Prime Minister Bei with a mocking smile on his face.

Prime Minister Bei clench his fist, he felt a surge of blood coming in his mouth in anger.

"Father, please quell your anger." General Bei said on his side.

Prime Minister Bei let out a sigh, calming himself.
"Find a way to kill that woman, she must not spill anything or we will be doomed."

General Bei nodded, "Understood, father."