Chapter 30- Cliff

Chapter 30

An: I can't believe I've reached this far, 10 chapters remaining for this story to end. Thank you for waiting for my super slow updates. I apologise!

***

The news of the Empress gave birth to a  little princess, which was spread like wildfire in the entire empire.

Prime Minister Bei even broke his precious jade vases in the study for his frustration.

"What a useless thing! What will a little princess can do! She managed to get the Emperor to sleep with her, but she actually produced  money-losing things!"

Madam Bei, his wife, stopped him.
"Master, please quell your anger. The Emperor will arrive sooner, and if Her Majesty takes care of herself, she can give birth again."

Prime Minister Bei somehow calmed down.

"Yes, that's right. She will have her chances again."

"Does master wanted this wife to help master calm down, or should I call the concubines in?"

Prime Minister Bei snorted.
"No need, you go out first."

Madam Bei nodded, and she went out.

Prime Minister Bei sat on his chair, made an ink, and wrote a letter, then he waved it to dry and folded it into a small piece.

"Bei Yi." He called out, and his personal shadow guard came out.

"Master."

"Take this letter to the Tang Sect."

He gave up hope on conquering the Empire when the Empress gave birth to a girl. She didn't have any chance to stay as an Empress anymore, so he needed someone who had the ability to do it.

As an old official himself who worked on the Empire until it changed its Emperor over time, he knows so many secrets, and he did not expect that those secrets will certainly come in handy.

***

In the huge ship, Tharn looked around and saw a boundless horizon.

"We will arrive at Yuanzhe port anytime soon, Your Majesty." General Bei said he has been following the Emperor all throughout.

"It's been 9 months, right? I wonder if Empress gave birth to a prince." Tharn said in a calm way but his eyes full of mockery as he looked at General Bei.

General Bei looked down. Of course he knew, his father sent him a letter.

Tharn chuckled, "I am excited to go home to see if the littlest child looks like me."

General Bei suddenly felt cold and refused to answer.

Deceiving the Emperor means treason, and then silence is the best way to avoid it.

A few days later, the huge fleet arrived at Yuanzhe port.

Tharn sighed in relief. Travelling by the sea is somewhat tiring rather than travelling in land. It is also boring seeing only endless skies and seas.

He rode his horse, followed by his guards, and they travelled back to the capital.

In was peaceful until they reached the terrain of the North border in between Yuan and  Siam Empire.

Tharn halted his horse, and his companions stopped as well.

Tharn tilted his head and listened for a bit.

"Assasins." He said in a low, hushed tone, and he jumped off his horse.

Then he docked away when a rain of arrows came.

Most of his companions were hit and died in an instant!

Eunuch Gong pulled Tharn away while General Bei followed them.

Tharn hid on the tree trunk when he felt his leg hurting.

"Fuck," he uttered a curse when he saw he was hit.

Since he came in this world and became the Emperor, he got used of ordering around and less action. Now he became weak and rusty.

Eunuch Gong teared his robe and tied it to Tharn's leg.

Another waved of arrows followed them.

General Bei bravely used his sword to defend.

"Your Majesty must escape. Go! I will lure them."

Eunuch Gong looked around looming for escape route but nothing. All they saw was a cliff.

"Your Majesty." His face was laced with worries.

"Then jump." Tharn said, he heard the waters underneath the shallow cliff.

Eunuch Gong pulled General Bei as well, and the three of them jumped off the cliff followed by another wave of raining arrows.

That was Tharn's last memory.

***

"Look at her, isn't she beautiful..." Type coed the sleeping baby.

He asked Yuli to take the little princess because he wanted to play with it.

"Your Highness, this little princess will call you Imperial Mother when the time comes." Yuli teases him.

"You are not sure about that."

Bai Xiaoyu was just listening to them, occasionally looking at the baby.

Type gave back the baby to Yuli when he felt his heart aching painfully.

He grasped for breath.

"Master? What happened?" Yuli and Bai Xiaoyu asked.

"My heart suddenly hurts." He closed his eyes and rubbed his chest.

Then, he abruptly stood up anxiously.

"The Emperor!"