Chapter 40 - AFTERMATH

An: I did not proofread this, so expect some errors. Rest assured, I will edit this again later! 💖💖💖

***

Tang Xie was taken from the dungeon to a glamorous room.

He was pushed by the eunuchs to take a bath and eat his meal before they assisted him to dress up as a dignified prince.

"What is the intention of the emperor in doing this? He should've just killed me!" Tang Xie felt excruciating shame.

He once posed as the emperor who almost ruined his empire, but  he still treated him well.

"His Majesty said that Your Highness needed to attend morning court."

Tang Xie was taken a back, and he needs to attend court? For what?

When they arrived at Heavenly Hall, where the morning court meeting usually held, everyone were already there.

"Second Prince has arrived!" A Eunuch announced when he saw Tang Xie,
his eyes filled with disgust.

"Let him in." Tharn calmly said.

The ministers did not even kneel to greet Tang Xie when they saw him.

They were extremely ashamed when they remembered that they shoved their women families to the harem to gain favors.

Now that the real emperor and the fake stood in front of them, they finally realized the big difference in their temperaments.

Prime Minister Bei was still imprisoned and yet to be executed, but it is clear as a day that He will soon die.

"Beloved subjects, Zhen invited Tang Xie for you to see the truth. Ever since you seized the opportunity to fill Zhen's harem to take advantage, Zhen lost trust to all of you." Tharn's voice was calm, yet this calmness seeped through the bones of the officials and terrified them greatly.

"Tang Xie was Zhen's twin, Imperial mother died long ago, so everyone does not know about this truth. Tang Xie will be recognized as the second Prince of Ling Imperial family, his name will be put in genealogy, and his tablet will be put in Imperial ancestral Hall."

After hearing this, Tang Xie stiffened in shock.

"As for three thousand beauties you shoved in Zhen's harem, they will be checked thoroughly. Anyone who has been touched by Tang Xie will go with h while the concubines that were untouched will be freed. Zhen will choose MY own harem. Not you."

Tharn emphasis the word 'MY' for them to understand his point.

"As for the officials who colluded with Tang Xie and Prime Minister Bei, Zhen will deal with you soonest."

Tharn stood up in his throne and said, "Court dismiss."

The ministers left with a lot of thoughts to themselves, thinking about their daughters who entered the palace were now given to the traitor Prince. What will be their outcome?

Only the emperor knows.

"Tang Xie, come dine with this emperor."

Tharn invited Tang Xie to the side hall of Forbidden Palace.

Tang Xie obediently went with him.

They sat side opposite each other when Type came, carrying a jar of wine.

"Imperial Consort Lin has arrived."

Type bowed on Tharn.
"My Liege."

"Baobei, you came in the right time. Sit and eat with us."