Chapter 29- Give birth

Chapter 29

"Your Highness! Not good! The Empress has been poison!" Yuli squealed as she strut on Type's bed chamber.

Type, who was still having his good night's sleep, was jolted awake.

"W-what?!"

He immediately got up and grabbed his robe, wore his shoes, and ran outside.

The maids and eunuchs waiting outside followed him to the Phoenix Palace.

It was rare for them to see the Empress Regent in her simplest appearance, and she looked very beautiful.

Type was in a delimma. It is exactly eight months of his reign as Empress Regent and 9 months of Tharn being away, yet this incident happened.

Phoenix Palace was so chaotic when they arrived filled with physicians and midwives along with the wet nurses that were prepared beforehand.

Type grabbed Physician Weng, his most trusted Imperial Physician.

"Weng daifu! Tell me what happened! Why are you all outside the Empress' bed chamber?"

Type saw Empress Ann with her protruding belly, lying in a soft chaise in the huge hallway.
Her face is pale, and she's unconscious.

"Someone put an incense with poison in Her Majesty's bed chamber, her personal maideservant had it bad, she's dead. She noticed it first, then she told everyone that there's poison in it, so they managed to get Her Majesty out, but it is too late. She had already inhaled it."

"Who dared to do it under my watch?!" Type's agitated voice boomed the entire hallway.

Servants, eunuchs, guards, and Physicians flopped on the floor on their knees in fear. Even Physician Weng did so.

"Your Highness, we don't have any evidence. Tia, the personal maidservant, is dead. We already took the incense to study it, and the Empress already received medication. We will wait of she will show any labour signs, or we can have her give birth early. This official feared that the poison affected the fetus. Her pregnancy is now actually on full term. She is safe to give birth."

Type nodded, "Then she needs to wake up so she can give birth. Leave the investigation to the Imperial Guards."

He whistled, and Lin Qing showed up.

"Lin Qing! Find the culprit." Type ordered in a cold voice.

"Yes!" Lin Qing disappeared as fast as he appeared.

Type sat on the chaise beside the Empress while Physician Weng administered medications for her. Slowly, she gained consciousness.

The moment Empress Ann opened her eyes, she saw Type beside her.

Her eyes flickered with hate.

"You poisoned me!" She accused Type and pointed at him.

"Heh!" Type smirked.
"Why would I do such cheap tricks. I am already the Empress Regent, ruling this empire. Do you think killing you makes any sense? It's a waste of my precious time. Calm yourself down and get ready to give birth."

He then inch closer to whisper, "After all, we still need to investigate if this child belongs to the Emperor."

Empress Ann's face paled. She wanted to rebutt, but she is assaulted with an unbearable pain.

"Aahh!"

Type stood up, "Take Her Majesty to the delivery room."

Type made sure that the Empress gave birth safely until His Majesty returned. As what people know, this baby is the Crown Prince. He did not leave until the Empress gave birth.

The strong cry of a newborn child filled the entire Phoenix Palace.

"Is it a boy?" Type asked Yuli.

"I will inquire." Yuli then ran to the delivery room to ask.

The concubines came led by Honoured Imperial Concubine Chun.

"Your Highness." They greeted Type and kneeled.

"No need for formality, please rise!" Type said as he looked at the concubines.

"Before the Empress gave birth, she was poisoned, and she accused me. Don't you think it was absurd?" Type said in a calm manner, his voice cold as he stared at them.

"Who would dare?" Honoured Imperial Concubine Chun said, her face filled with anxiety.

Ever since she took over the lead in the entire Harem, she is subjected to the Empress' hate.

"The same question I asked when I found out. Anyway it is not important. The Empress already gave birth."

Yuli hurriedly came back and said,
"Your Highness! It's a little princess. Her Majesty gave birth to a beautiful princess!"

The concubines heave a sigh of relief.

It's a princess! Not a crown prince!

Empress Ann has been arrogant. Eversince she got pregnant consistently saying that she will give birth to a Prince, but now, it is actually a princess.

Imagine her disappointment?

Inwardly, the concubines celebrated, but they did not show it on their faces.

Eversince they entered the Palace, they somehow changed and managed to reign their raging emotions.

"Eunuch Yong, distribute gifts and sweets to everyone, a little princess is born and we need to celebrate." Type ordered, "Ladies, please go back and take a rest."

The concubines dispersed after they said their greetings.

"Physician Weng, please make sure that the Empress will recover her body until the Emperor comes back. Everyone, please dispersed to rest."

Type walked towards the delivery room.

The servant already cleaned the area.

Empress Ann is silently laying in bed while the baby is beside her.

"You are probably celebrating, I gave birth to a money-losing princess."

Type grimaced. "Money-losing or not, you should grieve about your wasted effort. You managed to lure the Emperor to sleep with you and even whipped me back then, but what happened? Even so, don't do something bad. I am watching you."

He inched closer and looked at the baby.

"She got the eyebrows of General Bei."

Empress Ann almost choked.

"Don't think that I am stupid. Before I came here, Empress Park of Siam did the same thing, be mindful of her bad ending. Behave yourself. I might pity you and spare you."

Type left the delivery room with Yuli and completely changed everyone in Phoenix Palace with his own people from servants to the eunuchs and guards.

After being an Empress Regent for several months, Type already has his own share of influence, so he has his own force and people.

Phoenix Palace has been secured after that incident.