Chapter 25- Banquet Part 1

Chapter 25 - Banquet Part 1

"Is my present for the Empress ready?" Type asked Yuli who's busy making his hair while Bai Xiaoyu applied make up on him.

Type is wearing a furry purple coat above an exquisitely style brocade dress that was given by the Emperor.
His hair was now adorned with priceless purple jade headpiece.

"Master, you're so perfect... please refrain yourself from slapping someone's faces later." Yuli said as she looked at Type.

Type purse his lips, "You said it like I am a wicked villain, I'm just a weak person. Let's go."

The banquet is being held in Phoenix Palace Hall and they designed it separating young unmarried men and young unmarried women as well as the married ones.

The platform where the Empress' throne was slightly elevated beside it was an exquisite looking throne embedded with gold for the Emperor.

The top five favored concubines chairs was on the left side of the platform while no one ever bothered to put a chair for the Imperial Noble Consort Lin.

When the time of the banquet starts, guests came in consisting of the young ladies and Young Masters of Noble families as well as their parents, the ministers and officials. Each of them handed a gift to Lia, the head lady-in-waiting of Empress Ann.

When everyone was settled, the Eunuch announced of Empress Ann's entrance.

"Her Highness, Empress Ann has arrived."

Empress Ann walked in, with a gentle motherly aura engulfing her.
Her dark red Phoenix robe and crown shimmers against the lights.

Everyone stood up, kneeled and greeted her,
"Greetings, Your Highness the Empress, may you live thousands and thousands of years!"

"Please rise and be seated." She said in a gentle voice as she gracefully sat on her throne.
"This Empress thank everyone for attending this banquet. Please enjoy yourselves. We have a lot of exquisite food and tea."

"Thanking Her Highness." Everyone answered and the banquet formally began.

"Imperial Consort Lin has arrived." The Eunuch guarding the door suddenly shouted.

Everyone turned silent and one can ever hear a pin drop.

Everyone who attended the banquet knew about the rumors, the Imperial Consort broke a law and was punish and was sent out of the Palace to recuperate. Looking at the banquet venue it looks like the Empress did jot even prepare a seat for Imperial Consort Lin.

Type slowly walk in the pathway, on each side were the male and female.

Everyone's eyes turned green in envy when they saw how exquisite the outfit she wore.
Even the jewellery looks priceless.

They also noticed Imperial Consort Lin did not have many servants on her trail despite of her being the Emperor's favorite.

"This lowly Consort greets Her Highness the Empress. May you live thousands of  years." Type kneeled down, and added in his mind, 'so I can see you suffer.'

"Please rise." Empress Ann felt that something isn't right but he doesn't have any choice but to act nice and gentle to preserve her persona.

"Your Highness, this is an amulet this lowly one got from Fenghuang Temple please do not dislike it." Type said as she motioned Yuli to give a wooden box engraved with Phoenixes to Lia.

"I accepted your good will, Consort Lin. No one notified this Empress that you will come today so please don't take it at heart that This Empress did not prepare a seat for you." Empress Ann smiled, showing benevolence but her eyes glints with provocation.

Type purse his lips and smiled, "This Consort understands. This Consort's back was still recovering but I insist on coming to give my well wishes to Her Highness."

Empress Ann wanted to get mad, why does this slut needed to bring that topic out? She gritted her teeth and calm down, then instructed to Lia,
"Prepare a soft cushion for Imperial Consort Lin."

"Many thanks, Your Highness."

Type followed Lia and saw that the cushion was place beside the five favored concubines.

In formality, if Tharn is sitting in the dragon throne, Empress Ann will sit on the right while Type will sit on the left but now, Empress Ann is clearly provoking Imperial Consort Lin on having him sit near the concubines.

Everyone present on the banquet clearly know that but no one point it out because they still valued their lives.

The banquet continued in harmony as the dancers and performers come and went, teas and exquisitely foods came flooding making the guests eat in their hearts content.

Attending a Royal banquet like this is clearly a luxury.