Chapter 18- Winter Hunt

Chapter 18

PHOENIX PALACE

Empress Ann pace back and forth inside her main chambers when General Bei Yunxian came.

She approached him frantically and hold his arm.
"Da-ge! How is it? Is the Assassin dead? Did you do something? I ask Lia to bribe some guards to kill that woman!"

General Bei sigh, "There was a commotion a moment ago, the woman escaped the dungeon."

Empress Ann was stunned, but she felt relieved.
"Surely, she didn't say anything right?"

General Bei shook his head, "Probably none, because it has been a couple of hours since she was sent in the dungeon and nobody took action to interrogate her. And an Assassin like her will choose death rather than betraying their organization."

"That's a relief." Empress Ann sigh.

Her white transparent night gown perfectly accentuate her curvy body Making General Bei frown.

"You should sleep. And please put on some decent clothes."

Empress Ann look at herself, "Does Da-ge find me beautiful? I wonder why the Emperor didn't even look at me the same way you look at me."

She walk closer to General Bei's side, "Why don't you stay for the night?"

Empress Ann knew that Emperor Ling isn't easy to fool hence she will plan this out.

General Bei was stilled in his spot, he admired and adored Empress Ann, if not for his father's wish to take her as a God-daughter to be the Empress, they will be together now.

"Come on, Da-ge, I won't take no for an answer."
She flick her long sleeves and the candles inside the rooms, was turned off all of a sudden.

Lin Qing, who's just on the dark, heard some rustling of clothes, silent whimpers and moans.

'This job is the death of me.' a small voice in his mind, said.

***

The next morning, Empress Ann acted like nothing happened as she welcomed Prime Minister Bei in her palace.

They are all set to head towards to hunting location.

Empress Ann is already wearing her hunting outfit, a blazing red thick coat and a long gown underneath. The fur on the neckline helps her against the cold.

"Father, is everything ready?"

"Yes, Your Highness, if this will succeed, it will look like an accident, so there's no need to worry about the possible outcome."

Empress Ann sigh happily.
"Thats good."

***

MOON PALACE

"So, are you saying that something happened between that man and woman?" Yuli cannot tell their names for someone might hear them.

Lin Qing turned red when he remembered what he heard.
"I heard them, I was there."

Type chuckled, "Oh what does our Lin Qing heard?"

"Your Grace please pardon this servant, I cannot recall."

Yuli look at him in daze and look away.
'What might it be?' she thought.

Type checked his appearance in the bronze mirror before they left.

He's wearing a purple coat, with a hood accentuated with wolf fur on each side, there's a bow in his hand, and a little arrow holder on his back.

He's all set.

Lin Qing look at him intently, "Your Grace must be careful inside the forest. The enemy might be planning something."

Type smirked, "Don't fret, They should make me off guard so they can succeed. Let's go."

They walk out of Moon Palace to the Forbidden Palace where everyone gathered to head together to the hunting ground.

Tharn is already riding his horse when he saw Type coming.

Seeing his beloved in a new outfit, far from what he used to see in the modern world always makes Tharn's heart, flutter.

He offered his hand on Type.

Type smiled a bit and give the arrow holder and bow to Yuli.

Yuli has her own horse too. She hopped on after seeing Type rode with the Emperor.

Every officials who witness turn stunned when they saw the Imperial Consort sat on the horse, being hugged intimately by the Emperor.

This is the scene that welcomed Empress Ann when she came at the meeting place.

"Your Highness." She greeted while bowing her head, behind her were General Bei and Prime Minister Bei who look like Tharn did a grave mistake.

Type wasn't comfortable with their stares but he look at them with the same intensity.

"The Empress is here, let's head to the hunting ground." Tharn said, kicking the horse for it to gallop first.

Type slap his arm who's holding the reign and the other is gripping his stomach.

"If looks can kill, I'm dead now, don't you see how mad are they?"

"Baby, Do I look like I care." Tharn whispered in his ear.

"No you won't but now their desire to eliminate me has escalate even more."

"Then don't leave my side, don't give them the upportunity to attack."

Type just nodded, feeling comfortable of Tharn's warmth.

The winter air brushing through them making his cheeks red.

He lean back and kiss Tharn on his cheek.

"We're in this together."

***

Everyone arrived in the hunting ground, some of the guards and eunuchs who came along assembled tents for each of the officials and the biggest one was for the Emperor.

Later that day, the first day of Winter Hunt has began.

"Yuli! Stay here, don't run around okay? I will be with the Emperor the whole time. Don't worry about me."

Yuli nodded, "Yes, Your Grace."

Type rode his own horse this time, and Tharn did the same, General Bei was following behind him and the rest of the Ministers.

Type gripped his bow and put arrow on the string while his free hand held the reign tightly, his hawk like eyes roam around to look for possible prey.