4

You didn't sleep well that night. Your dreams were full of weird and scary creatures and always one big white eye. The next morning you went into work and was greeted by Mabel, who was running around screaming. Following her was Candy and Grenda, who were also squealing with excitement.

"Mabel!" You exclaimed, "what's going on?!" Mabel raced up to you a shook you back and forth by your shoulders. "Pacifica's family is having a formal dance," she shouted, "we're going to get all dressed up and dance with hot boys!" You smirked and turned towards Dipper, "sooo, what's going on?"

"Pacifica and her family are holding a summer formal dance thing-y at their house," he explained, eyes still glued to the pages of the journal, "we got six invitations for it. So if Mabel wants to stop jumping up and down and give you your invitation?"

You smiled and stifled back a laugh as Mabel snatched a pink enveloped letter from her sweater pocket and shoved it at you, then resumed dancing around the room. "I guess I'll go," you shrugged just as Wendy came into the room. "That's awesome y/n! I'm going too," she winked at you, "maybe we can go as the only girls without dates."

You knew she was trying to make you feel better, but it didn't help. It seemed like everyone but you had a boyfriend. It usually never bothered you much, but now with all the couples coming to Gravity Falls for holiday it made you feel left out. It's not like you liked anyone in that way. Mabel interrupted your thoughts as she grabbed your wrist and pulled you into the living room, where she started begging Stan to give you the day off of work. "We need to get ready for the dance!" Mabel pleaded. Stan sighed. "Fine. But just because I like you, kid," he pointed at you and you laughed, thanking him.

Mabel, Grenda, and Candy pulled you upstairs and they began slathering makeup all over their faces. You were never one to wear that much makeup or dresses, usually knee-length shorts or jeans with a t-shirt was your style. But for this occasion you let Mabel lend you a lace black skirt. You didn't have many clothing options so Mabel let you borrow some stuff from her closet. You found a white tank top that you tucked into the skirt and a yellow cardigan-sweater-thing, which you put on over it. When you looked in the mirror you smiled to yourself. The outfit reminded you of Bill Cipher.

"You look smokin' hot," Grenda said in her loud voice and you smiled. "Thanks," you said and Mabel squeezed you into another hug. She was wearing a skirt too, and she had her favourite cat sweater on which she had "bedazzled."

Soon enough it was evening and it was time to head to Pacifica's house. Soos drove them all, and all six of them went inside. Immediately Pacifica was at their side, looking them up and down. She glared at Mabel, Candy, and Grenda's extravagant and sparkly dresses and then glared even more at your outfit. "Enjoy the party," she sneered and went off to talk to someone else. Quickly Wendy spotted her friend group and asked if you wanted to go hang out with them. You declined politely. You loved Wendy and her friends, you just weren't in the mood to deal with pranking Thompson right now. Mabel and the two girls went over to the snack table to "look for cute boys," and Dipper stuck with you until Wendy called him over.

Now you were sitting on the staircase alone. You watched the party and sighed. It was a really nice night and a cool breeze had swept in, a great break from the extremely humid days Gravity Falls had been having. You played with the string of the citrine stone necklace as you people watched.

"Alone?" Bill's voice said out of nowhere. You flinched, startled, but turned to see the familiar triangle floating there in front of you. "Why do you care?" You aksed defensively, crossing you arms over your chest. There wasn't an answer. You looked over at Bill, who you hadn't realized had white light spilling out of his eye, his hat, his arms and legs, everywhere. Soon you watched as in the bright light Bill changed what looked like his form. He was no longer a triangle. He was...a human?! Bill stood there, a smirk on his face. He had yellow hair and a black eyepatch over one eye. He was wearing a golden-yellow suit with black trousers and a tall black top hat, holding a long black cane. He looked really handsome.

You felt your cheeks getting warm and you allowed Bill to help you up from your seat on the stairs. "Well your looking dapper," you smiled and he shrugged. "How did you change forms?" You asked. He winked at you with his one eye not covered by the eyepatch. "I can change into a human whenever I want, but my powers are limited."

You nodded and realized that everyone else in the room was dancing. You were about to excuse yourself to go find Mabel and the others, but Bill grabbed your hands and started dancing with you. It was fun, Bill was a surprisingly good dancer. You blushed whenever he dipped you or twirled you around. You couldn't take your eyes off of him, how attractive he was in human form, how surprisingly normal he was. Not to mention he was dancing with you! There was an abundance of others at the party, but he was slow dancing with you. You felt yourself blush again and smiled at Bill as you danced. He smiled back, his mischevious smirk that made your heart pound. Then suddenly your mind went to the citrine stone necklace. Was that what this was all about?

"Bill," you said suddenly, "why are you here? Why do you follow me around?" Bill's smile didn't disappear, but he didn't answer either. "What was the other thing you wanted?"

"Y/n," Bill began, still dancing with you, "I came because I like you. I want your soul to be mine, that's why. Not in the creepy way though," he added. You were shocked but tried to look calm. Did he just confess his love for you?! No, he said he wanted your soul. It wasn't the same thing. "How can wanting to eat someone's soul be not creepy," you said and you were surprised by how much sass was in your tone. Bill opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by Mabel.

"Y/n! Y/n!" She exclaimed, running towards you. Bill looked at you, tipped his hat, and disappeared. Mabel reached you and stared at the blank space next to you. "Who was that? Who were you dancing with?"

"Um, some guy, I never got his name," you said quickly. Mabel smiled widely and started singing, "he was hawwt!" You giggled and hung out with her and Wendy the rest of the night before heading home.