68 - LAST CHAPTER + AUTHOR'S NOTE

warning: may be triggering for some, death/suicide/etc.

The Mystery Shack was completely silent. The only sound was the distant chirping of crickets and the occasional car driving by. Everyone was in their beds and were asleep.

Everyone except you.

You had been worrying nonstop about something...you weren't sure what. It felt like you were forgetting the most important thing in the universe, but had no idea what it could be. This wasn't the first time you had felt this way however. Ever since you were in that terrible car crash three years ago with your friends Mabel and Dipper.

Because of that crash you had lost your eye, suffered many minor injuries, and even got a concussion which caused your memory to be completely erased. Little by little everything started coming back to you, but it felt as if major pieces of the story of your life were missing.

You sighed and swung your legs over the side of the bed, stretching your arms as you made your way downstairs to get a glass of water. As you sat at the kitchen table, you quickly developed a small migraine. "Ughhh," you groaned and rubbed your temples.

"Everything okay, kid?" a familiar voice asked. Stan sat across from you, looking sincerely concerned.

"Yeah just a headache," you mumbled, "I should be fine." you continued to rub the sides of your forehead and finally gave up. You downed the rest of the water and then abruptly stood to put the glass in the sink.

"Alright. If you need anything, let me know y/n," Stan said as you went upstairs, "goodnight."

Stan had always seemed so concerned with your well being. In fact, the entire Pines family acted that way. It was sweet but worried you sometimes. It made you feel that their actions towards you supported your suspicions that your memory was missing some important pieces. To your surprise, Dipper was standing at the top of the stairs. Had he been eavesdropping?

"So you have a headache?" he said.

Yup, he'd been eavesdropping.

"Yes but it's no big deal Dipper," you answered, but your voice came out more soft and worried than you meant it to be. You cleared your throat and sighed once more. "Maybe I should just read a book. It'll make me sleepy probably." You noticed a dusty old book in Dipper's hands.

"What's that book about?" you asked, snatching it from him. He looked absolutely horrified as you examined the cover and he desperately tried to grab it back. "What, is it your diary or something?" you giggled.

"Y/n, please don't look at that!" Dipper exclaimed, clawing at your arms as you ran to your bedroom to read whatever juicy gossip Dipper had written in this diary of his. You quickly shut the door and sat on your bed, looking closer at the cover. You could hear Dipper fumbling with the doorknob. He's probably turning it the wrong way AGAIN, you thought to yourself, smiling.

The cover was a dark maroon with a gold hand on it. It looked like there used to be a number written on it but it had faded and you couldn't tell what the number was exactly. You fiddled with your eye patch as you flipped through the frayed and yellowing pages. It seemed to be a journal about mythical creatures. So Dipper writes fairy tales? You continued to scour the pages for something interesting when you came upon a particularly worn page titled: Bill Cipher. What an odd name. It also slightly disturbed you that there were red stains all over the writing, either from ketchup or blood. You were gonna go with ketchup.

The door finally swung open and Dipper stood fuming in the doorway. "I was turning the stupid doorknob the wrong way," he grumbled and raced over to where you sat. He snatched the book out of your fingers and held it close to his chest. "What did you read?" He shouted, "What pages did you read?!"