31

Hi! Sorry about the cliffhanger last chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Thanks once more for all your support!
--------------------------------

You had to go into work the next morning, no matter how much you didn't want to. You hadn't eaten or slept since Bill left. For a good one or two hours you kind of just sat there on the bed, not doing or saying anything, shock causing you to be frozen. Now you had to go out and face the world.

It didn't feel right. Your eyes were painfully dry even though your cheeks and nose were burning up, wanting to cry. But you just couldn't. Everything ached, your muscles and heart. You were sad, more sad than you had ever felt, yet still in the enevitable state of complete surprise and shock.

Even so you walked slowly to the bathroom and tried to make yourself look presentable. Which meant running a comb once through your hair and putting on black leggings and a f/c hoodie, along with simple f/c Converse. You made your way to the Mystery Shack, head down and hands in your pockets. Your head hurt like crazy, and your heart was still pounding.

"Y/n!" You heard Mabel cheer your name as you entered but the smile soon faded from her face. "What's wrong?" She asked and one look at her broke everything. You started sobbing, letting yourself fall to the ground. In a flash Wendy and Mabel helped you to the couch and sat on either side of you, Wendy rubbing your arm reassuringly. "What's wrong," she tried again and you let out an incredibly shaky breath. "I d-don't wan-wanna talk abo-out it..." you sniffed and Mabel frowned. "It might help if you tell us...you don't have to, but know we're here for you y/n," she said. Another sigh and you shrugged your shoulders in your small defeat. "Okay, but if I tell you you CAN'T tell Dipper or anyone, okay?"

"Done," the two of your best friends replied in unison.

"Last night Bill dissappeared. And...he took the stone from me," you blurted, rubbing your left eye with your hand. "I thought you kept the necklace under your shirt," Wendy said softly, "how did he..." her expression suddenly changed as you began crying harder and her eyes widened. "Oh y/n, you didn't..."

"So he tore the necklace right off my neck and then disappeared. I haven't seen him since," you concluded, crying into Wendy's shoulder. She sighed. "Man, boys are stupid," she whispered, staring off into space shaking her head. "Y/n I am so sorry," Mabel interjected, almost in tears herself, "did he say anything? Anything about why?"

"He said right before something about how he loved me," you said quietly, then furrowed your eyebrows and frowned, suddenly angry. Bill had no right to say that. He didn't love you, it was all for the citrine. "Now I know the truth," you finished simply. Out of the corner of your eye you saw Dipper running into the room with a box of tissues. "I heard crying," he exclaimed, "what's happening?" Mabel exchanged glances with you and Wendy before replying, "Bill took the citrine stone necklace from y/n and disappeared."

"What?!" Dipper jumped up, fuming with anger, and began pacing back and forth a little, muttering to himself. "I swear I will strangle him to death when I see him," Dipper yelled, "Damn! I am gonna kill him the moment I see that bastard!"

"So what's our next move, Dip?" Wendy asked, still rubbing your back. Dipper exhaled roughly and sat back down again. "I have no idea. We have no clue where Bill could be, where the stone is, nothing. Our best bet would probably be to visit the forest and check for disturbances? If he's using it to destroy nature or whatever, woodland animals dying all over the place should be pretty noticable."

Mabel nodded at his idea and gave you a short, gentle hug. "You okay?"

You gave an honestly pitiful-sounding sniff and closed your eyes, shaking your head in disagreement. "Not really," you said back, and your voice broke as you let loose a new flow of tears. "everything hurts. I...I just n-need time t-to thin-think...."

"Of course," Dipper exclaimed and helped Mabel and Wendy create a little napping place right there on the couch. "I'm telling Stan you can't work," Wendy stated. "Soos! Get y/n a Coke please," Mabel shouted. Dipper smiled sadly at you. "If you need anything at all, please let me know."

You nodded and they left, leaving you in peace. Well, what you wished was peace. You were left with your head pounding like a drum and your heart hurting. Why would he do this to you? Didn't he love you? No, it was all for the stone, you thought and angrily wiped at your tearing eyes, you're so stupid. How could he ever love you back?