60

Hi everyone!
Hope you all had an amazing Christmas! (Or whatever other holiday you celebrate.)
Did anyone do anything particularly interesting for the holidays? I got a haircut and my birthday is on Monday so I'm pretty excited for that :)
I also wanted to let you know that this will be an EXTRA LONG chapter since I probably won't be able to update in a few weeks, maybe more. So thanks for your patience guys and I hope you enjoy this chapter!
----------------------------------------

(Bill's POV)

Y/n came home from work a bit late. That's okay, seeing as I was busy tidying up the dining room and attempting to cook her dinner. I hope she likes hard spaghetti.

Finally she opens the door and I yell, "SURPRISE!" One of my oven mitts falls off my hand and onto the floor. Real smooth, Bill.

"Oh! Thank you so much," she smiles and examines the room. I'm pretty proud of my cleaning. Who knew bookshelves were supposed to have that weird blue spray stuff all over them? Ours must have been dirty for a while, they were hardly even wet before I started cleaning! Y/n thanks me for the flowers, which are dead by now. I think they look better that way.

We sit down for dinner. Y/n is mostly eating her salad, maybe she doesn't like spaghetti.

"Hey y/n," I say, breaking the silence, "I applied for a job today."

I see y/n's eyes go wide. "What?"

"Yeah, I figured I'd help out a bit with paying for stuff. We're married now anyway," I say, trying to sound casual.

"Really? That would help a lot! Thanks, Bill!" She gets up and kisses me. Good. An hour or so after eating we go to bed. Y/n falls asleep right away, I can tell she had a rough day today. I sigh and turn over on my back. I hope I get the job tomorrow. I never paid that much attention to how worn out y/n always is. Working all day every day except maybe Saturdays and Sundays. I sigh again and turn back on my side. Y/n is facing the opposite direction, turned away from me. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tightly to my chest. I do what I can to give her a good dream, then fall asleep soon after.

----------

The next morning I get up super early to get dressed in my usual suit and top hat. I also grab my cane and head into the kitchen to eat what y/n calls "cereal." It's apparenty food special for the morning. I'm halfway through a bowl of it when y/n walks in and laughs.

"Bill," she says, "you can't go to your interview like that!"

"Why not?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Here, follow me," she guestures towards the door and I follow her over to the closet we share. "Remember all those clothes I bought you a while ago that you never wear?" She asks and I nod. Y/n smiles and shoves a few folded items into my hands. "Put them on!"

I groan and go outside the room to change into the stuff she gave me. It's a plain white collared shirt with black trousers and shiny black shoes. There's a tie as well, at least that's the golden yellow colour that my suit is. I step back into the room. I see y/n smile and nod. "Now let's see..." she circles me once and takes the cane out of my hand.

"Hey!"

"You can't bring it," she says seriously, crossing her arms over her chest, "and loose the eyepatch."

"I can't," I frown.

"Why?"

"Because I just can't," I argue. She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Just do it, Bill, it looks unprofessional," she says. I shrug. She asked for it. I raise my eyepatch the slightest bit and I see the look on her face. Awe mixed with curiosity mixed with shock mixed with pure terror. I put the patch back down. Her eyes are still wide as she exclaims, "nevermind keep it on!"

I laugh and pull her towards me, kissing her forehead. "Now don't forget to smile. Show them you're nice. And friendly. And not evil. I gotta go, good luck!" She exclaims moments after and runs out the door.

----------

I get to the building and it's pretty big. I go inside and find the stairs, then climb all the way up to the sixth floor. There's a woman at a desk right in front of me the moment I walk in. I go up to her and say, "I'm ready for the job interview!"

"Name?"

I clear my throat, "Bill Cipher." The lady types something into her computer and then says, "ah yes, Bill Cipher. Right on time. Okay, I'm going to need you to fill out these forms and write a short answer response to the question on the back of this booklet. There should be some notebooks in the table right over there, and pens. If you want to write your name on it or something, there is craft supplies in the drawer in the bookshelf to your left. Your interviewers will be ready for you shortly after you finish. Any questions?"

"Nope," I smile widely to show I'm friendly, like y/n had suggested. The lady gives a weak smile back and I head over to the chairs and table where I have to fill out the forms and all that boring stuff.

Most of it is about my medical insurance and my family life and where I live. There's also a line to write my current occupation, so I write DREAM DEMON. On the back there's a question, like the desk lady said. So I look through some drawers and find notebooks and craft supplies. There's scissors and yellow paper, perfect! I cut out a few triangles and decorate my notebook to look like the third journal. Pretty funny, right?

I work on answering the essay question next, then look over the forms. Finally I'm done and I walk back up to the desk. "Here you go!" I smile, handing the woman my journal. She raises her eyebrows when she sees how I decorated it, but doesn't laugh. Some people seriously have no sense of humour. Then she glances over my question response. After she looks up at me. "Why is it in all captial letters?" She asks.

"Because I think in all capital letters,' I answer and she sighs and hands it back to me, shoving the booklet of forms into a file cabinet behind her desk. "Go ahead and go in," she points to a glass door with a curtain over it so I can't see inside. As I'm walking towards it I hear her whisper, "weirdo," very quietly under her breath.

"Thanks!" I exclaim and slip inside the other room.

Inside there is a round table with four people sitting on one side and an empty chair on the other. I sit in the chair and hold my decorated notebook out in font of me. I grin as big as I can and practically yell, "Hello!" I'm trying to be as cheerful as possible.

"Why the eyepatch?" The man in the middle speaks up, "is it for medical reasons?"

"You could say that," I reply.

He gives me a weird look and takes the journal. The four people pass it around, reading it. Then one of them, a woman with black hair, asks me; "You say your current occupation is a 'dream demon'? Is that like a dream therapist?"

"No," I say. They don't respond. Instead they ask me tons of strange questions. At the end the man in the middle talks again. "Now, I feel the need to ask you one last thing. You said on this form under your abilities that you can control dreams, pass in and out of the 'Dreamscape' and things like that. Was this a joke?"

Now I'm mad. I slam my hands on the table. "A joke? A joke?! Do not question me, feeble human! My powers are beyond your comprehension!" One lady giggles behind her hand and I frown, plopping back into my seat. I have to remain calm in order to get this job. "Well then. Thank you for coming today, Mr. Cipher, and we'll email you the results within twenty four hours," the man says and I leave without another word.

It's already dark outside as I ride the bus home. I hope this goes well. I want to help y/n, and I just don't know how I'm going to do that if I don't get the job.

-----------------------------------
Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you liked it :)
If you want, you can follow me on Pinterest, my username is arandomemy. I post a lot of fandom and Gravity Falls stuff!
Also, if you have any ideas for the story or anything like that, feel free to kik me. My name for that is emykikedyou.
Maybe even give me an Instagram or Snapchat follow? Be sure to Kik me first so we can chat and I can make sure you aren't a creepy old guy ;)
Thanks again for reading/commenting/voting! You all are the absolute best!! See you soon!
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!