14

You were really excited to go "interrogating" Wendy's group of friends with Mabel and Dipper today. You were almost positive it was one of them, just unsure which one. You were leaning towards Robbie definetely. But would he hit you? The two of you were good friends, it seemed odd he would do that.

You finished getting dressed and strung the citrine stone necklace over your head, tucking it under your white t-shirt. So far nobody had taken it, which was good. It helped that it was with you 24/7. Stepping out into the living room you saw Bill sitting lazily on the couch, staring at nothing. "Bill," you called, "make yourself useful while I'm gone!" Bill groaned and turned his head to face you. Your heart skipped a beat when you noticed he had a hand over his left eye, covering it. Your gaze moved to the end table, where a black eyepatch lay. "Can you hand me that?" He asked and you cautiously picked it up by the string and tossed it to him.

"So where are you going anyway?" Bill asked. You grabbed your bag from the hall closet. "Going to find whoever's after the stone," you answered. Bill lifted an eyebrow. "The stone under your shirt?"

You automatically grabbed for the necklace, covering your chest with your arms too, suddenly self-concious. "Bill! How--" you stammered, giving him your best bitchface in anger, "how the hell did you know it was under my shirt?!"

"I know everything, y/n," he smirked and you rolled your eyes, slamming the door behind you as you left. Walking down the hallway you felt yourself still blushing and took a deep breath. The Mysetry Shack was less than five minutes away, so you had time. You enjoyed your peaceful stroll over to the building and fished the key from your purse. Unlocking the door, you went inside and saw Mabel and Soos sitting at the kitchen table. "Yo dude," Soos smiled, "Dipper's gonna go with you. Mabel can't come, she's helpin' me with some chores today."

"And his romance life," Mabel added, wiggling her eyebrows. You laughed and put a hand on your hip as Dipper came into view, struggling to put on a drawstring backpack. You walked over and helped him out before the two of you made your way into the more city-like area of Gravity Falls. The first person you saw was Thompson, who was walking by a hardware shop, looking really nervous. You and Dipper stood in front of him so his back was to a brick wall and he had nowhere to go. "Thompsom," you smiled, "we need to ask you a few questions!"

"Look guys, I really don't have time," he mumbled, "I've been looking for the group for almost an hour, the guys ditched me at the park. Dipper rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "What do you know about the citrine stone?" Dipper asked and Thompson looked completely confused. "Cit-what? Sorry y/n, Dipper...I need to go look for them!" He sighed and ran off. You exhanged glances with Dipper. "I don't think so," you said softly and Dipper let out a loud laugh. "Yeah, he's...Thompson." You giggled in reply and began walking back down the street.

After "interviewing" four more of their friends, Tamry and the two guys, there was only one suspect left. "Okay," Dipper said, reading off of his clipboard, "Tamry says she was on her phone all day yesterday and the rest of them were at a party at Thompson's house." You nodded. So far you were getting nowhere. You climbed the steps of Robbie's house, Dipper by your side. He knocked a few times on the door and rang the doorbell shortly after. "Let's hurry this up," you said, "this place gives me the creeps." Dipper nodded and the door swung open shortly after that. A man and a woman stood there, smiling widely, looking a little too cheerful for the owners of a funeral home. Definetely Robbie's parents. "Hi, we're friends of Robbie's," Dipper said, his voice sounding extremely rehearsed, "we were wondering if he was home?"

"Sorry sweetie," Mrs. Valentino said, "he's not home at the moment. Maybe you could come back later? I'll let him know you stopped by!" You nodded and thanked her, then made your way back to the Mystery Shack. Honestly you were kind of upset, not finding any evidence today on whether Robbie was the one wanting the stone or not. "He has no motive or anything," you explained to Dipper back at the Mystety Shack. You were sitting on the roof with him, drinking soda and watching the sunset. "Y/n," Dipper said, "I know you hate me mentioning Bill, but I think we have to consider him a suspect!"

"Dipper, no. I already told you a million times..."

"Listen," he interrupted you, taking a sip of soda, "he can't be trusted. At all. He's violent and sick and just a weird guy. I wouldn't trust him with anything, much less a powerful stone." He kind of cringed, waiting for your response. You didn't say anything, just turned back to the sunset and drank your soda. You trusted Bill, even if everyone else didn't. He was trustworthy and so not as bad as Dipper made him sound. He wasn't evil, was he? You were so busy concentrating, trying to think everything over, that you didn't see Bill's shadow pass over the both of you.

"Y/n," Dipper said, breaking the silence, "I have to tell you something. Ever since we became friends, I...well, I kind of...." he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, "I like you. A lot."

You almost did a spit take. Dipper liked you? What just happened?! You only liked him as a friend, not in a romantic way! You had feelings for Bill Cipher, not Dipper Pines. You sighed and took his hand. "I'm sorry," you said quietly, "I don't feel that way. I still love you as a friend, as a best friend. I'm really sorry." Dipper hung his head a bit. "It's alright," he smiled reassuringly and held his arms out for a hug, giving you a goofy sideways smile. You laughed and squeezed him into a big hug. This was all you could do for now. If he found out you liked Bill and not him, he probably would never forgive you. Soon the two of you went back inside to have a movie night with Mabel.

Meanwhile, Bill was thinking over what he had just saw. He hadn't heard what was said, just saw Dipper hugging his girlfriend. That idiot boy just admitted his love to y/n! He isn't going to just get away with that, Bill though with a smirk, hands igniting blue flames, I'll teach him a lesson.