45

Hi guys! Just wanted you to know how thankful I am for everyone who has read/voted/commented on this story. There are about 5 more chapters of this one I think...then I'll start on the THRANDUIL X READER!! I hope you've enjoyed this story!
I am so excited to finish it but also really sad...its bittersweet. I've Once in a while I'll update this fanfic with one-shots, a continuation kind of thing, just not full chapters with any kind of plot.
Thanks again! I love you guys so so much and hope you enjoy!
----------------------------------------------

Bill was definitely ill.

You gave him some sleeping pills and medicine for his fever and within ten minutes he fell fast asleep. You got out of bed and paced around the room, trying to decide what to do.

You couldn't take him to the doctor. For one, he would refuse to go and two, he probably would act really weird about it and make a scene.

There was work tomorrow too. You really couldn't skip it because you had taken way too many off days already. Maybe Mabel or Dipper could watch him for a bit while you worked?

You called the Mystery Shack the next morning, silently praying Dipper would pick up. Not Grunkle Stan, not Grunkle Stan....

"Stan Pines!" Ugh.

"Hi, Mr. Pines?" You asked, rubbing the back of your head. "Y/n? Is that you? I hope your not calling to ask for another day off! Your idiot triangle boyfriend yelled at me the other day you know your lucky I didn't fire you," his voice screamed through the phone speaker. This is why you didn't want him to be the one to pick up.

"Yes, of course," you mumbled, "I'm coming in for work. I was just wondering if I could talk to Dipper or Mabel for a second?"

After a while you heard a sigh. "Fine. Kids! Where are you? Y/n's on the phone!" There was some shuffling sounds and soon Mabel's voice appeared. "Y/n! It's Mabel!"

"Yeah I could tell," you chuckled and explained your situation to her. Afterwards you heard a quick, "be right over!" And then the line went dead.

You hung up just as Bill came into the lounge, dragging his feet. His face was red and snot was coming out of his nose. "Ew! Bill," you said, grabbing a tissue box from the endtable and shoving it at him, "blow your nose!"

"I don't know how to," he whined. It would've been really annoying if it wasn't true. Plus you kind of thought he was cute when he's ill. If that made any sense. You modeled how to blow your nose to him and he repeated it almost perfectly. He then laid down on the couch, coughing. You sat next to him. "So I have to go to work," you began, "but I have someone coming to look after you while I'm gone. I'll try to take half a day, I dunno. You'll be okay while I'm gone?"

"I don't know, who's taking care of me?" Bill sniffed and as if on cue the door slammed open to reveal Mabel wearing plastic doctor equipment with a doctor costume on, holding a blender with what looked like...fruit punch, coffee, and plastic dinosaurs.

"No I definetely won't be okay," Bill said flatly before sneezing. You kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair before explaining what to do to Mabel and then you left for work, not a bit of worry in your mind. Mabel would definitely keep Bill entertained.

----------------

When the workday was over you finished sweeping with Soos and then said goodbye. "Hey, who's looking after Bill?" Dipper asked. You smiled and said simply, "Mabel is."

He started laughing and you couldn't help but laugh too as you began the walk home.

Meanwhile Bill was sitting on the floor of the lounge, a blanket wrapped around him. "Don't worry! Mabel Juice is the number one cure for sick dream demons," Mabel cheered, shaking the blender around. Bill cringed and sighed. "Being a walking meatsack was the worst idea I ever had. There's no my even pain in this. What a rip-off."

You unlocked the door and walked in just as you heard Bill say, "why did I ever agree to this?!" You went to the room where he was and saw him staring at you. Mabel was pouring a cup of Mabel Juice. She glanced from Bill to you, then back to Bill again. "That's why," she giggled, poking Bill in the arm.

"Did everything go okay?" You asked. Mabel nodded and soon left for the Mystery Shack. "I'm so glad your home," Bill groaned and cuddled up against you on the couch. He leaned in to kiss you but you lightly pushed him away. "I don't want to get sick," you said, "sorry."

"Ughhhh!" Bill groaned again, "I hate being sick!"

You thought for a moment and said, "would you rather me take you to the doctor to get medecine?"

"Maybe," Bill said softly. "You have to promise you won't act weird," you said sternly and he nodded. You agreed to take him early the next morning. You called the office and booked an appointment, then started making some dinner before you could change your mind.

--------------------------------------------
Hope you liked this chapter!
Quick question before I update this...would any of you be interested in reading a short Nellie x Sweeny fanfic? Just wondering :)
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!