The Tree and the Path

Okay I admit it, I couldn't fucking sleep

But hear me out

That fucking tree is a thing we all should fear. Yeah yeah, the goddamn tree in the grey world that bleeds because it fucking EATS people. It's a separate entity all by itself. I don't know whether it runs or maintains the grey world but it's likely. The more it eats people, the stronger the grey world and it get.

I have a running theory that that son of a bitch created the fragment in time and space. Also, did I mention that it has a FACE? YEAH, SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. Some shit happened with the bleeding tree and it caused a tear in the fabric of reality. The Rift. I don't know what that thing fucking is and I don't want to find out. Whatever it is, it's something that goes way beyond our imagination.

It's not really uh, something you can avoid or run from. It has the ability to fuck you up in ways unimaginable. I distinctly remember it growing out of someone like those threats your mom made about the watermelon seeds growing in your stomach. It literally TEARS you from the inside. That can't be fun. I don't know how. You can be thousands of miles away from the tree and still die.

I don't think you understand just how dangerous and deranged that thing is. It's not just some stupid creature sitting in the middle of a field, it's INTELLIGENT. That's what you should fear. Not anything an entity can do, but how intelligent it is. You can be the ruler of the world but stupidity will literally get you nowhere.

I don't know what connection it has with The Hollow. If they have an agreement or an understanding. But they coexist.

Since everything got switched up, let me explain exactly what the path IS. It's an in between place. Like purgatory. Except you can die in it. You can also travel to any place on earth or in the universe with it. Fun, right? Well actually no, none of it is fun. You can only use it if you can't get LOST. The Hollow lives inside it and so does the bleeding tree.

To better explain the timelines and how they're all connected to the path, I want you to imagine a tree as the path and the timelines as its branches. It's a method of transportation used by creatures. Like dimension hopping. It's kind of wild right? Interdimensional travel? All of the timelines are different versions of the same world. Like a mirror that's shattered. The pieces are all still making up a mirror, but they're shattered now and can't be put back together. That's why the original timeline can't exist anymore. The timelines ARE the original, fragmented into thousands of pieces. Each timeline blissfully unaware. Well, until now. Because I broke the goddamn cycle. Somehow.

You must be wondering what the fuck happened to the original CREATURES. Well, they're still up and kicking and very much tormenting us. Although each timeline has its own twisted version of them, the original creatures still continue to exist.

It explains why The Hollow is always different for everyone that sees it. Why nothing we see is the same for two people. Oh you saw a bald man? I saw a man with a hat.

And in each and every timeline, we die. Over and over and over. And in each timeline they're waiting for the game to begin. Again. And again. And again. And again. Every time, WITHOUT FAIL, we decide to put an end to these creatures. Or we at least attempt to. They torment us every single time. Don't you see? This HAS happened before. Hundreds of times. It's familiar because you KNOW, somewhere deep inside of you, that you and these creatures have history together. We have researched them every time, and every time they have killed us.

The rest of the originals are dead. Long gone, because only a few got their souls fragmented into timelines. Some could shift consciousness into different bodies. But the entirety of some groups and factions are wiped from existence. People that we loved, and made connections with. Long dead. That's the only constant in the timelines, besides death and suffering. Love. And if you remember the original like I do, the pain of it will suffocate you. You're mostly alone. They're all gone.

We lose to them every time. And that's the most depressing, heart breaking thing I have ever said. We always lose. They always win. And they always rob us of our lives and the people that we love. You might think, what the fuck is the point then? If we just keep dying over and over?

All we can do is keep trying to defeat this nightmare. That's all that we CAN do. Maybe at some point, in one timeline, we'll have the solution to all of our problems. Maybe finally we'll have the answer. But until then we just have to keep trying.

You've all lost someone precious to you. Researcher, servant, or cult member. At one point we have to put our differences aside. We all have the same goal. To be free. Free of this game they force us to play. Let's stop pretending like we're enemies. Only together can we defeat them. They want us divided. If we're at each others throats, it's easier for them.

It's time to unite.