Dream

I had a dream about those three. A fragment of what used to be. They were taking me away forcefully, reminding me who was in control. We stopped on the way at a restaurant, and sat at a table. They ordered food, I didnt dare say anything or order anything. He saw me staring aimlessly at my plate and shared with me. I thanked him with a bitter tone. At least, well, at least he still was a bit like his old self. I wish I could see them again. They've changed, the infection has changed them, but they were still people I knew. Good people. But the infection made them cold and cruel. The only reason why he wasn't affected as much was because he was given a choice. Those two weren't. They don't like each other, anyway. It was a one time thing, those three working together. I could see the coldness in their eyes in the dream. The intimidation, the way a predator might look at prey. It was terrible to see in people you last remembered being so...sweet. Good. Funny. It didn't exist in them anymore. It was all gone. And I think that was a sense of loss far, far more severe than someone passing away. At least that person passed away the way you remembered them. This is a living death of a person. It fills me with emptiness and loneliness more than anything could. I just, it hurts. Good people being turned into monsters against their will. I hate it. This isn't who they are but I'm so HELPLESS against these creatures! Please, please let them, let at least them be free of this nightmare. They don't deserve it. Nobody deserves this.

It feels like my heart broke all over again.