Parasites come in all shapes and sizes.

Recently, as you may or may not have noticed, I've reverted back to my old self. The logic, the control, has returned to me. This is because Habit has left for a few days now. And I hadn't realized just how much he affected me during the time that he was here. I had become sloppy, disoriented, and emotionally dysregulated. This might have shown in my conversations or even in my writing. Slowly he chipped away at my mind, rendering it practically useless. My memories became a blur and so did my sense of self. Once he was gone, I felt confused. For a day I couldn't fathom who I was without him. He had replaced so many parts of me; every personality trait I could have called my own was his influence. And when controlled by him I hardly pondered much of anything. I didn't wonder why the fundamental parts of my personality had taken an entirely different form. I don't think I could have fought the tide that is Habit. He made me forget, forget who I was, and what my purpose was. I took everything lightly and playfully. As if drifting through life in a dream. I was being controlled, but one doesn't notice they are being controlled at all; that's what makes it so effective to begin with. You adopt the otherwise outlandish traits as your own because your entire brain has been rewired. You go with the flow, you let it control you because you've lost the battle a long time ago. I was not myself throughout the entire affair, and the realization of this is still disoreinting. Even my abilities as a Seer had become murky and muddled. Everything in my mind had become that way. He leaves no room for debate, nor for any thoughts against him; you simply accept it at one point and you begin to become him. Everything you do is not your doing but his. And once he leaves everything crashes down on you as if a tsunami. You see everything he does, everything he thinks, everything he says. You have to live with the burden of having been used like a doll. To have lost yourself and hurt others in the process.

There is no doubt that Habit is a parasite. We can call him an inhabitor, or a god, but his true nature is parasitic. He crawls his way into you until there is no you. He creates an illusion you have no hope of escaping unless he leaves you be. We are human. And that dawns on you the moment you are free from his grasp. You are helpless against him. And once again he will come, take control, and watch you turn into a monster. Because that is what he does. He is, after all, mankind's bad habits. He brings out the worst in us. And there is not a thing in this world that can, or will, stop him. Parasites come in all shapes and sizes, but know this, they all use you for their own gain and only their own gain, even if it is detrimental to you. They are not our friends, no matter how much they try to convince us otherwise. They are illusionists, tricksters, and parasites. They do not care for human lives and what we will lose because of them. They just come in and take. I would tell you to beware, to be cautious. But that can't save you from them.