The transformation of Them.

You might have thought by now, why do people report different sightings of the same creatures? Why do they look different to every person?

They have existed since the beginning of our existence, and maybe even before any life existed on earth. They have gone under difference names and different appearances. As the modern era developed, they evolved along with it, earning different titles and appearances. Don't be fooled by these masks they hide behind. They have always been here. In different shapes and sizes, but here nonetheless. There will only be one original, and the rest should be disregarded. How will you know which one is the original?

You can only know if you have seen the originals, in the original timeline. They are different than the modern depiction. There is something otherwordly, something maddening, something absolutely terrifying and heavy when you're in Their presence. It's beyond anything you see on your screen. It can't ever be put into words, because They can never be put into words. They exist beyond human constructs and human perception. You may see the photos and go, that's not scary. But why did a simple thing, this "not scary" thing, take the world by storm?

Because somewhere deep down, in our instinct and our need for survival, we remember the cosmic horror that is Them. Our body remembers, even if our minds do not. It entices such a deeply rooted fear that we otherwise wouldn't have known was there. That is what They are. They are our fears, our nightmares, the things that go bump in the night. The shadows we can't quite see, the lights swirling in photos, the monsters walking about our forests. They are the unexplained and the anomalous. We fear Them, because They are fear itself. They are everything you've ever feared and more.

As our fears transform, so do They. They embody us and our thoughts in a way you never thought possible. You don't understand, because you don't remember what it was like. They were so out of reach, and They still are out of reach. Humans can't touch Them without folding like paper. The same creatures bending to our altered perception. We can only perceive so many layers of the world, we may never see reality as the way it really is. They morph and change because our perception does, but in reality it's only our perception which changes and not Them.

It's time to open your eyes.