Chapter 1 | the new girl...

(Lucas POV)

I get a rude awakening when I hear my brother and my dad shouting at each other. I sit up and rub my eyes wondering what was happening as they barely argued. I decided to head downstairs to see where all the shouting was coming from. I guess I must've been loud entering the kitchen as they looked at me and stopped shouting. "What's going on down here?" I ask annoyed waiting for an answer. My brother speaks up first "Dad keeps trying to control my life , I keep telling him I want to go to UCLA but he keeps suggesting that I'm going to duke!" He finishes darting his eyes at our dad. Oh yeah my brother is a senior and is ranked the number 1 best player in the nation which means being his brother makes me incredibly popular and I hate it I just want to be a normal person without all the cheerleaders trying to hit on me. "Well son I went to duke , so you have to follow in my footsteps if u want to make the league!" Our dad responds shouting at him. I butt in "To be fair dad he should be able to pick where he wants to go and not pick where you want him to go" "thank you bro" my brother says wrapping his arm around my shoulder with a piece of toast in his other hand half eaten. I always looked up to my brother my whole life. He's kind and treats everyone with respect. I admired him my whole life. I smile at him. "Ok you have a point Lucas, sorry Jordan" our dad says embracing us in a hug. "It's fine dad, I get you want the best for me but I think I know what's best for me" Jordan says offering him a smile. "Ok son your right".

"Quick boys your going to be late for school" our mum shouts from the car. "Shit my bag" I say running to my room to grab all my stuff. The car ride was quick. Me and my bro walk through the doors being greeted by everyone like we were some hero's or something. I head towards my locker splitting apart from my brother. I was greeted by my best friends "Hey guys" I say looking at Mike , Dustin and will. We have all been friends since the 6th grade and that wasn't going to change because I'm popular now. "Hey cool guy" Mike says teasing me. He knows I hate being popular. "Shut up" I say smacking his arm "Hi Lucas" Dustin says giving me a hug "how you been?" I say asking him "I've been better but I guess I'm doing alright" I nod offering him a smile. Dustin has had it rough with his dog dying in his arms recently. He loved his dog to death so I know how that must've felt. Me and the party had to be there for him in these rough times. "Hi popular guy" wills says smiling at me. I roll my eyes at him. "Shut up William" I say smacking the back of his head causing him to yelp. "Anyway , you heard of the new girl" Mike says "a new girl?" I said confused "yeah apparently she got banned from her other school for spray painting her teachers car" my eyes widen "spray painting the teachers car , she must be crazy!" I say shocked at what I just heard . "Yeah she must be crazy bro" Dustin says sounding shocked also "yeah she must be insane!" Will says shouting causing everyone to stare. He looks down quickly "sorry guys" "dufus be quieter next time" I say darting my eyes  at him.

As we were talking one of the cheerleaders came up to us but not just any cheerleader it was El. I liked El. Just as a friend though. She was one of the cheerleaders that was not all over me and was actually nice to me and my friends. "Hey guys" El says smiling at us "Hi" Mike says excited. He looks down blushing. I noticed that Mike had a crush on El ever since a house party where he couldn't stop staring at her like a stalker. "Hi Mike" she says grinning at him blushing. "Hi El"  Will speaks up giving her a hug. Will and El were like brother and sister , they always sticked up for each other whenever bully's tried to mess with them. "Hi frog face" El says. Dustin rolled his eyes at "shut up ugly" Dustin responds. El and Dustin had this rivalry where they would just annoy each other all the time. "Hey bro" she says   punching my shoulder. "Hi El" I say doing our handshake.

After we were talking for a while I see the front door open and the most beautiful girl entered. She had two ponytails with beautiful ginger hair and had the most gorgeous crystal blue eyes I had ever seen as they had rested on her pale skin like a shining beacon of light. She also had on a dark brown jack with with some blue jeans with some crimson vans on she looked incredible I think. She also had a skateboard in her left arm with her headphones on her head. She was chewing bubblegum. I bit my lip at her. She looked like an angel.