Chapter 15 | Birthday

(Lucas POV)

It's now officially Max's Birthday and she finally turns 18 and I couldn't wait. I was going to make this the best day for her. That's the least she deserves for all the support and love she has been giving me since she moved here. I remember us talking about her birthday and she said she never really had a good birthday and I plan to change that!

"Hey.." I say grabbing Max from behind. "Hi!" She smiles brightly at me. I kiss her on the lips and I hear Mike gag. "Shut up Mike don't pretend like you don't do it with El all the time" Max says pulling away from the kiss rolling her eyes. Mike and El cheeks turn red and me and max laugh. "Ew you guys are disgusting" Dustin speaks up. "Dusty-bun I luv u so much" I mock Suzie and Dustin. Everyone laughs except from Dustin and Suzie whose cheeks turn red. "Anyway Max happy birthday!" El says handing her a present. Max smiles at El. "Thanks El you didn't have to..." Max says. "Of course I had to your my best friend" El responds hugging. I pull El of max. "Ok...leave my maxy alone..she's mine!" I say to El. Max gags and smacks the back of my head and I groan. "What was that for?" I ask rubbing my head. "Don't call me Maxy ever again!" Max says. "But you call me lukey in bed?" I tease her. Max cheeks turn red and I laugh. "We haven't had sex yet dufus!" Max says shoving her arm. "Yet?" I ask smirking. I see her cheeks turn red and I laugh.

Max opens el's present and it was a love heart necklace. "Omg this is so pretty el!" Max gives el a hug. "Anything for my bestie!" El smiles hugging her back. El gets the necklace out and puts it around Max. "That's a great present el" Mike smiles giving her a kiss on the head. "Yeah pretty necklace for a pretty girl" I kiss Max cheek and she blushes. "So where are your presents?" Max asks us. All our eyes widen and she laughs. "Relax...I'm teasing" She says grabbing my arm. I let her hold my arm and I smile at her. "Happy birthday beautiful" I whisper to her and she smiles. "Thanks lukey" Max says jokingly and I chuckle. We all had presents for her but we decided to surprise her after school.

The school day was boring and me & the party head to Max house without her. I told Max my brother was going to pick her up and take her out for ice cream so me and the party can surprise her. We puts a big happy birthday sign and decked out the place. Now we wait for her to arrive back.

(Max POV)

I was with Jordan and we brought some ice cream. He said it was his birthday gift as he felt bad for not getting me anything and honestly I loved it. We were in the car now and he was driving me home. "Hey Jordan thanks for taking me to get ice cream" I smile at him. He smiles back. "Anything for my future sister in law" Joran winks and I laugh. "What time is it?" He asks me. I check my phone and it says 4:00pm. "It's 4.00pm" I tell him and he nods. "Ok well let's get you home before Lucas loses his mind" Jordan says and I chuckle.

(Lucas POV)

It was now 4:00pm and I was getting worried. I guess her dad noticed the expression on my face. "Hey she's fine she just texted me that their on the way back" He reassures me putting his hand on my shoulder and I nod. Five minutes passed by and we heard the door open. We turn the lights off and Max enters. We all scream shooting confetti at her "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!". Max smiles brightly at everyone. "You all did this for me?" She asks walking up to us. "It was Lucas's idea" Her dad shrugs. "But yeah we did" he continues. Max pulls me into a big hug and I pick her up. I put her down still hands on her waist. "Happy birthday Max!" I smile. She smiles back at me. "Your the best!" She kisses me. We keep kissing until everyone coughs. We pull away embarrassed. "Sorry.." I say scratching the back of my neck. "It's fine time to celebrate!" Dustin yells and everyone cheers.

We all celebrated and had a good time listening to music. Me Dustin Will and Mike all did karaoke and Max and El just laughed at all of us falling on the floor. Me and her dad played Just Dance and now all the party was crying laughing at us. This day was going perfect and I was happy as I wanted Max to feel special today. Everyone left even Max's dad and now it was just me and her. We cuddled up on her bed.

"Thanks for today Lucas" Max speaks up next to me. "I felt special for the first time in forever and it's all because of you..." She continues. I smile at her and pull her into a hug. "You deserve it Max your a great human and I love you so much!" I say looking at her. She starts crying and smiling. I was confused did I ruin her day or something? I ask myself. "I'm sorry these our happy tears" She explains wiping her eyes. "You just make me so happy Lucas!" She smiles kissing me. I kiss her back and it gets intense. I kiss her neck and she moans. "Lukey!" She moans grabbing my head and I let out a chuckle. She grabs my chin and lifts my head and bites her lip. I see on her face that's she not ready yet so I nod. "Don't worry Max let's just make out" I say putting her on my lap. We make out for ten minutes leaving hickeys on each other until we both get tired. She yawns so I lay her down and I hug her from behind. "Love you" Max says drifting off asleep. "Love you too Max" I say drifting asleep also.