Chapter 6 | Cheerleaders...

Lucas wakes up stretching his arms out yawning. Lucas looks down and sees max still asleep laying on his bare chest peacefully. He stares at her sleeping thinking how beautiful she is. He lightly stands up lifting max off him and slowly putting her on his bed laying her head on the pillows letting her rest. Lucas looks at his watch standing up and sees '7.00am'. It was still early so Lucas expects everyone to still be asleep when he heads downstairs slowly. He opens the fridge to get some milk when he gets jumped by his brother slowly standing behind him. "Shit" Lucas says staring at Jordan. "Sorry bro" Jordan says giving him a fist bump. "Why are you awake so early?" He asks Lucas rubbing his eyes still. "I normally go for runs around this time but I have to look after max today" Lucas says. "Oh is she ok?" Jordan says sounding a bit worried. "Yeah it's just family problems" Lucas responds. "Oh ok" Jordan says not wanting to pry anymore. "Did you let her stay the night?" He says continuing on from his last sentence. "Oh yeah I hope mum and dad don't mind" Lucas says rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Jordan speaks up "I'm sure it's fine plus mum and dad are super nice so I'm sure they would be fine with it" reassuring Lucas. "Oh ok I was worried they might be mad" Lucas continued. "Alright bro I'm heading out" Jordan says giving Lucas a handshake. "Where?" Lucas asks confused. "To the school gym need to get my shots up" he responds walking out the door. Lucas finds a bowl and puts some cinnamon toast crunch in it pouring milk after. He finds a spoon and heads back upstairs to his room.

As he enters his room he sees max still knocked out from last night and smiles at her as he sits on his gaming chair. He places the bowl of cereal on his desk and starts eating slowly and quietly not wanting to wake max up. Lucas turns his computer on to watch some Netflix while eating his cereal. He turns on some OBX and sits back. After one episode he finishes up and gets in the shower. After a few minutes he gets outs and brushes his teeth in the mirror. After that he lightly lays back on the bed next to max causing her to wake up. She rubs her eyes then back up at Lucas next to her and smiles at him. "Hey" Max says still smiling at him. "Hi we have to be at school soon babe" he says smiling back at her. "Oh ok" she responds. Lucas goes to sit back up but max pulls him back down giving him a long kiss. She pulls away and smiles at him. "Thanks for letting me stay last night" Lucas smiles at her again. "Always" he responds placing a kiss on her cheek standing up. "Do u need a shower?" Lucas asks her. She hesitates for a second then says "umm if that's fine with you?" playing with her thumbs. "Of course but only if I can come in there with you" he says teasing her. "You wish" she teases back standing up. As she stands up Lucas analyses her body. "Yeah I do" Lucas says biting his lips. "Creep" max says smiling walking into the bathroom to get in the shower.

After a few minutes Max gets out the shower wearing some green joggers matching with a Hawkins hoodie that she stole from Lucas and she also did her hair in some braids. Lucas looks up from his laptop admiring the beauty that entered his room. "What time is it?" Max asks looking at Lucas. He looks down at his laptop and it says 8:30 and his eyes widen. "Shit we have to leave now!" He says standing up. Lucas goes downstairs with Max forgetting that his family was down there. All there eyes widen at max who next to him holding his hand. Max looks down embarrassed. "Oh yeah sorry she stayed the night" Lucas says telling his parents. "She's been dealing with a lot at home so I let her stay the night I hope you both don't mind" Lucas says scratching the back of his neck. His mum speaks up saying "Oh it's fine sweetie but next time tell us instead of running down here 8:32 am scaring us" Lucas nods at her in response. His dad was still sceptical but he just left it alone.

Lucas and max put there shoes on and head out the door. Max realises that she doesn't have her school bag. "Shit Lucas I don't have my school bag" she says panicking. "It's fine I have it here" he says holding it his hand. Her eyes widen. "How did you get it?" She asks confused. "Oh when you fall asleep I went to your house and explained everything to your parents and I also took your bag so you wouldn't worry" he explains. Max smiles at him and thinks about how thoughtful he is. She plants a kiss on his cheeks wrapping her bag around her back. "Your the best!" She says grabbing his hand. Lucas smiles at her comment and they start walking to school.