Chapter 14 | True Love is forever! ...

(Lucas POV)

I continue sobbing into my sheets uncontrollably. I hear the door open but I don't care and I keep sobbing. "Lucas...honey" My mums says sitting next to me. She rubs my back and pulls me into a hug and I just keep crying into her shoulder. "What's wrong sweetie?" She asks concerned. I pull away from her shoulder and I wipe my tears with my sleeve. "Umm..I messed up really bad" I say looking at my mum. "How sweetie?" She asks. "You know Max?" I ask her and she nods. "Yeah the cute little red hair girl" My mum says smiling. "Well ...we broke up" I say feeling sad again and her face drops. "Why?" She continues asking questions. "I think she found someone better than me.." I say feeling my eye glisten threatening to tear again. I let the tear fall out and I find myself crying again. My mum pulls me into a hug and here I am crying again broken...

(Max POV)

Lucas just broke up with me and I'm broken. Here I am in the hallway where Lucas broke up with me holding onto El. "Your fine..." El says stroking my hair and rubbing my back. "Why?" I ask crying. "I don't know..." El answers truthfully. "I thought you guys were perfect for each other" Mike says next to them. "Yeah...I'm shocked" Will adds on surprised. I just continue to cry on Els shoulder. I eventually stop crying and I pull away from her shoulder. "I'm sorry.." I say wiping my face. "Hey it's fine" El says giving reassuring smile and I smile back. "So are we just going to pretend that Lucas didn't just broke up with her?" Dustin speaks up. I roll my eyes at him and I walk away.

I walk out the school and I start heading home until I hear someone walk up next to me. "Hey Max.." Troy says next to me. "Just leave me alone" I say annoyed. "Woah...you ok?" He asks me. "Does it look like I'm ok?" I asked annoyed. "No..." Troy responds. I roll my eyes and I start walking ahead. "Hey!" Troy says catching up next to me. "What do you want Troy?!" I ask annoyed. "Umm..could I maybe get your number?" He asks. "I have a boyfriend-" I stop myself. I look down feeling myself going sad again. "Yeah sure!" I say looking up. He smiles and I smile back. I write my number on a little paper and I pass it him. "Ok thanks bye" Troy says walking away. "No problem..." I smile.

(Lucas POV)

I finally stopped crying and I decided to go for a walk to clear my mind. I look at my phone and it's 5:00pm. School ended 2 hours ago so I should be able to avoid seeing anyone. I take my beats and I put them on my head. I tell my parents I'm going for a walk and they nod as I walk out the door. It was cold so I put my hoodie on. I decide to walk to the local park and sit on the bench. I hear Kate bush playing through my headphones and I just look around. Why did I break up with max? Why did I overreact? Did Max even like Troy? I ask myself these questions repeatedly. I guess I was lost in thought until I feel someone tapping my shoulder. I look up and it was the last person I was expecting to see...

(Max POV)

I went to take a walk until I see a familiar someone on the park bench. I go closer and I noticed it was Lucas. I ask myself should I say hey or just leave him alone. I decide to go say hey as I want a explanation. "Hey.." I say and he doesn't respond. I lightly tap his shoulder and he takes his headphones off. "Max..?" He asks. I noticed his eyes were puffy and I could tell he was crying. I sit down next to him on the bench. "Why?" I ask trying not to cry. Lucas just looks away. "Lucas...please" I say grabbing his hand. I feel a tear slip out and I wipe quickly. "You can find someone better..." He says looking down. "Lucas...I don't want anyone else!" I say crying. "See max I'm making you cry! You deserve to be happy!" Lucas voice breaks and he starts crying. "Lucas I was happy with you!" I tell him wiping my tears. "You have been acting weird all day.." I continue then it hits me Troy!. "It's Troy!" I say putting my hands on my head. "It's Troy! ever since he walked in class you weren't talking" I say realising. Lucas looks away and I can tell I'm right.

"Lucas why would you ever think I would pick Troy over you?!" I ask him grabbing his hand. "Because Max he's better for you..." He says looking at me. "He's better looking and when your with him you seem happy and with him you don't get dirty looks by the cheerleaders..." Lucas continues. "All I want for you is to be happy and...I can't do that for you" He says looking down biting his lip. I grab his face and lift it back up so he can stare at me. "Listen...Lucas I'm only happy when I'm with you" I explain. "At home with my parents I've never been happy..." I continue. "Then when I met you my whole life changed!" I say. "I'm at my happiest when I'm with you!" I continued. Lucas just looks stunned. I'm still grabbing his face and I see him smile. "Really?" He says smiling brightly. "Really!" I say smiling back at him. I get lost in his hazel eyes...

(Lucas POV)

I get lost in her crystal blue eyes and I start leaning in. I guess she felt it too as she leaned in also. We meet in the middle and our lips connect. As soon as our lips connect I feel like all the problems in the word have gone. We keep kissing and she puts her arms around my shoulder. We keep going until I pull away to catch my breath. As we pull away I smile at her. "Ok let's agree to never break up again..!" I say and she laughs. "Agreed" Max says smiling. "I'm sorry max I was just being insecure.." I say scratching the back of my neck. "Hey it's fine now plus you know I'm stuck with you forever now" she smirks and I chuckle. We were happy and I realise Max wouldn't leave me and I wouldn't leave her! . True Love is forever!...