Chapter 13 | Troy...

(3rd Person POV)

It was another normal day. Max and Lucas got to class early today. Lucas grades have been going up and Max is super proud of him. Jordan's commitment to USC has flipped the media and everyone is excited for his debut there. School was nearly at an end and Lucas couldn't wait to be a senior. Lucas plans to spend this break with Max. Everything was going good until a certain someone moves back to Hawkins...

Max and Lucas were talking in the back until someone burst through the doors. A tall kid with lime green eyes and brown hair entered the classroom and everyone was staring at him. Max even thought he was cute. Lucas was shocked to see who it was. It was Troy the kid who bullied Lucas for years. "Well new student what's your name?" The teacher asks the boy. "Troy...Walsh" Troy speaks up. "Everyone please welcome Troy to our class" the teacher says clapping. Everyone clapped for him except Lucas.

Max noticed Lucas wasn't clapping and being quiet. "What's wrong Lucas?" She whispers to him worried. "Huh...oh nothing just tired" He fake smiles at her. Max just nods still suspicious. "Troy please sit next to Max!" The teacher says pointing at the empty seat on the right of Max. Max puts her hand up and Troy walks over to her and Lucas. Troy puts his bag down and sits down. "Hey Max nice to meet you!" Troy says offering his hand. Max shakes his hand and Lucas feels his heart break. Troy was about to rob another girl off Lucas and he couldn't do anything about it. "Oh hey Lucas.." Troy smirks at him. "Hey Troy" Lucas says blandly. "Nice to see you again!" Troy says smirking still. "Yeah you too..." Lucas responds.

Class was boring and Lucas was zoned out the whole time. Max and Troy were talking the whole class and they looked like they were having fun. Lucas hears the bell rings and runs out of class. Max tries to call for him but he just kept running. He goes to the boy restroom and locks himself in there. He sits down and starts sobbing. The same person who ruined his life years ago had returned and he was ruining his life again. Lucas doesn't even bother to go to his other class and waits for lunch to come. The lunch bell rings and he wipes his eyes.

Lucas walks out the boys restroom and walks to the cafeteria. He had his hood up and walks to the party. "Hey Lucas" Will smiles at him. "Yeah hey bro!" Dustin adds. Lucas just sends them a slight smile and sits down. "Where's Max?" El asks him. Lucas just shrugs his shoulders and eats his food. Mike looks at him suspiciously but he didn't want to bother Lucas. "Hey guys" Max speaks up and everyone looks up at her. She had Troy next to her and Lucas just rolls his eyes. "Hi?" Mike asks furrowing his eyebrows at the boy next to her. Who is that?" Dustin asks pointing at the boy. Yeah who is that?" Will adds on. "Oh this is Troy I was wondering if he can be in the party?" Max asks them. They look at each other and Lucas just keeps his head down. "Sure why not" El shrugs. Max smiles at her.

Max and Troy sit down on the table and everyone starts talking. Lucas finishes his food and stands up. The party all stare at him but he doesn't care. He puts his food in the bin and walks out the cafeteria. Lucas was pissed off now. Troy is now in the party and Max is getting close with him. Max didn't even bother to talk to Lucas and it hurt him. Lucas goes to his locker and pulls out some books. He feels someone arm go around his waist. He turns around and sees Max. "Hey.." He says. "Hi" She smiles at him. "Umm...can I be alone today?" He says turning back around. Max face drops. "Oh..." She says taking her arm from around his waist. "Ok" she continues. "So where's Troy?" He asks jealous. "He's with the rest of the party" she answers confused.

Lucas just sighs and walks away closing his locker. Max chases after him. "Hey what's wrong with you?" She asks grabbing his arm. "Nothing...max just tired" he lies. "Are you jealous or something?" Max asks. "Why would I be jealous?" Lucas asks with a confused face. "I don't know but you acting like it!" She snaps at him. "Just leave me alone!" Lucas snaps back pulling his arm out of her hand. "I think we should take a break..." Lucas says scratching the back of his neck. Max looks hurt and Lucas bites his lip trying to hide the pain. "Why...?" Max asks upset. Lucas just doesn't respond. "Why!" Max says louder grabbing his face. "Max...it's too much to explain!" He says moving his face. He walks away heartbroken and he feels his eyes glistening. Max starts crying and hugs onto El.

Lucas walks out of school and heads home. "Home early..?" His mum asks checking her watch. Lucas doesn't respond and heads upstairs. He locks his door and starts crying into his pillow. Troy has done it again...