Chapter 30 | The New Girl...

(Lucas POV)

It was me Max and the rest of the party all hanging out at lovers lake. Me and Max were laying down whilst Dustin and Mike were swinging in the water. El was already in the water telling them to get in. Will on the other hand didn't want to get in the water and is next to us being the smart one. I had my legs spreaded out with Max in between them laying on my chest. I was twirling her hair with my finger enjoying the beaming sun hitting us. I look down at Max and she looked beautiful. Her red hair was shining with her freckles peaking under them crystal blue ocean eyes. I was staring at analysing her beauty until I see her look up at me. "What you staring at stalker?" She says. "A Angel..." I say smiling at her. Her cheeks turn red with a slight smile appearing. "Your such a flirt..." Max says. I shrug earning a slight giggle out of her mouth.

"Hey guys you not getting in?" Mike shouts from the lake. "No! I'm not getting ate by a alligator!" I respond. "What's there no alligators here get in?!" El shouts. "Well technically there can be alligators in here just waiting for the perfect moment to attack us and eat us whole-" Dustin rambles on. Before he can finish everyone gets out. "Fair enough" He chuckles getting out also.

"Alright boys talk!" Mike says grabbing my arm. "What? no don't take my lukey?!" Max says grabbing my arm also making everyone laugh. "Guys your going to break my arm!" I say getting pulled by both of them. I grab Max hand and I lightly take it off. She looks at me annoyed. "Boys talk!" I respond shrugging. She just waves me off and I see Mike smirk at her. She gives him the middle finger as he pulls me away.

It was just me and Mike and not any of the other boys. "Why have you dragged me here alone?" I ask Mike furrowing my eyebrows. "Because I need to talk about girlfriend drama and your the only one who has a girlfriend" Mike says. "Dustin has a girlfriend dude!" I respond pointing at him. "No he doesn't they broke up" Mike responds. My eyes widen. "Wait when? And why has he not told anyone?" I ask confused. "Idk he only told me I guess" Mike shrugs. "Ok and what girlfriend drama are you talking about?" I ask. "Well you know how me and El have been dating for awhile now" He starts. I nod letting him continue. "Well me and El haven't done anything yet and I'm scared to ask her" he continues embarrassed. "And I was figuring how you and Max have done it so I was wondering how you did it?" He finishes. My eyes widen. How does he know me and Max done it? I ask myself. "How do you know me and Max done it?" I ask the pale boy confused. "Oh Max told El and El told me" Mike explains. I nod. "Ok so how did you do it dude?" He asks. "Idk it just happened" I respond. "What do you mean you just did it?" Mike asks. "Dude we were making out and it got further and further until we did it" I explain. "Dude that's the best advice you have" Mike says annoyed. I shrug walking back to the party.

"Hey El Mike wants to have se-" I start speaking. Mike quickly puts a hand on my mouth. El eyes widen and I chuckle. "Dude I seriously hate you" Mike whispers. I laugh again sitting back down with Max. "What we're you guys talking about?" Max asks. "So basically he asked me on how he should ask El -" I get cut off. "To make out" Mike spills out. "Really?" El asks confused. "We make out all the time?" She adds on. I smirk and Mike sends me a death glare. I decide to leave it alone as Mike face turns red.

"He wants to have sex with El" I whisper in Max ear. She laughs and everyone looks at us. "Nosy much?" I say and they all look away back to there conversations. "So why would he drag you over there to tell you he wants to have sex with his girlfriend?" Max whispers confused. "Because you told El we had sex and she told Mike so he was asking me for advice" I explain. "Oh ok that makes sense..." Max responds. I nod as I start playing with her hair again. "Your so beautiful" I whisper in her ear. I see her smile at my compliment. "So this is the advice you gave Mike , compliment her until she has sex with you" She smirks at me. I shake my head immediately. "I can't give up my tactics..." I smirk back. She shoves me forcing a chuckle out my mouth.

"You guys are disgusting" Dustin says. "Shut up all because your missing Suzie" Max teases. Dustin roll his eyes giving her the middle finger. My eyes widen remembering what Mike told me. I shake it off. I guess Dustin doesn't want anyone to know. We continue to have fun for the rest of the day and eventually it's night time and we all have to go home. "Alright see you guys later" I say grabbing Max's hand. "See ya love birds" El smiles. "Bye guys!" Will says. "Yeah cya" Mike adds on. "Bye bye losers!" Dustin says. We both roll our eyes at him and we walk home.

"Today was amazing!" Max says walking next to me with our hands intertwined. "Yeah.." I say looking at her smiling. "Seriously your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" I smile widely. I see her cheeks go red and I chuckle. "Sinclair's a real flirt" Max says. I wink and she laughs. We continue walking for ten minutes and we make it home. As we walk closer I see my brother with a suitcase. "Hey Where you going?" I ask jogging to him. "College bro I have to get sorted over at cali bro" Jordan says. "That's today?!" I say. He nods and I feel bad. How could I forget the day my big brother is leaving me? . I think he noticed the expression on my face as he puts a hand on my shoulder. "Hey I'm going to miss you..." He says. "You too I've never been without you..." I say feeling sad. The truth is I've always been with my brother but now I have to watch him go away all the way to cali without me. I feel a tear slip out my eye as I quickly wipe it hoping he didn't notice. Of course he noticed as he pulls me into a big hug. I continue crying into his shoulder. I'm excited for him but admittedly I'm scared. Next year will be the hardest year on my life and I don't have my brother with me. "Hey your good bro You can always call me" He reassures me rubbing my back. Eventually I stop crying as I pull away from the hug. "Sorry..." I speak up. "I don't mean to ruin your big day..." I continued. He shakes his head. "You haven't ruined my big day Lucas.." Jordan says. "Just seeing you before I go has made my day ten times better" he says smiling at me. I smile back.

"And plus even though you will be without me you have her Lucas..." Jordan says pointing at Max. "That girl loves you and you love her so remember to take care of each other and remember that love prevails all the time bro" He finishes. I look at Max and nod as I wave her over. She walks over. "Hey Max.." Jordan says hugging her. "Hey Jordan congrats.." Max responds. "Thank youuuuu little sis" He says smiling pulling away from the hug. She smiles back. "Hey Lucas!" Max smiles widely. I smile back feeling my heart do a flip. She walks over next to me and I grab her hand squeezing it. She looks at Me and continues smiling. Jordan's right. Even though I won't have my brother I have the love of my life with me. The person who makes me happy through it all. Through the downs and ups I can look at her face and feel immediate warmth in my heart. You couldn't tell me 5 months ago I would fall in love. I would've told you , you was stupid and dumb to think such a thing. But here I am hand in hand next to the love of my life. Maxine Mayfield the new girl...

THE ENDDDDDD....

The Word Count: 1561

OMG FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK!!! I'm super happy but obviously sad it's ending but now I can focus on my other books and continue to put my thoughts and ideas into my other stories. I want to thank all you guys on the success this second book has had. 10k reads is crazy and I am extremely grateful. Ps don't worry I will do a part 2 of this story but just not right now. And yes it will be based on there college life. Anyway love you guys and thanks for reading my book :) 🫶🫶🫶