Chapter 25 | im glad your here

(Max POV)

Here I am staring at Lucas in the doorway. "Max?" He says. I don't respond as I pull him into a hug. "Lucas..." I say worried rubbing his back. He starts crying on my shoulder as I walk into his room with him. We walk to the bed and I let him to continue crying into my shoulder. I bite my lip to stop crying. I never seen Lucas like this before and I hate it. Lucas is normally the one uplifting me. I continue rubbing his back. He continues crying until he stops. He lifts his head of my shoulder and looks at me. "I'm sorry max..." Lucas says looking into my eyes. "I mean it...I can't forgive myself" he continues looking away. I grab his face and turn it to look at me. "Hey Lucas...you made one huge mistak-" I reassure him. "No max I broke your heart" he cuts me off. I rub my thumb across his cheek. "Ok and now I know you won't make that mistake again so I forgive you so please forgive yourself" I say looking into his eyes. He takes my hand of his cheek and turns away. "Lucas please" I say grabbing his hand. He ignores me. "Please Lucas.." I say feeling a tear slipping out my eyes.

(Lucas POV)

I feel her crying next to me and i feel my heartbreaking. She continues to call out for me but I ignore her and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I shut my eyes and bite my lip. I know I'm being a idiot rn but I need Max to leave. She deserves someone who won't break her heart. She deserves happiness. I feel her stand up and head towards my door. I look at her walk to the door. She stops at the door and turns around at me still crying. "Lucas...I love you" Max says leaving the room. I shake my head and I cry into my pillow. I continue crying into my pillow.

(Max POV)

I walk out of Lucas's house crying. "Hey you ok?" Jordan asks noticing me crying. I shake my head as more tears slips fall as I continue walking to my house. "Hey seriously what's wrong I've noticed you and Lucas are never with each other anymore?" Jordan says catching up to me grabbing my arm. I just look at his hand on my arm. "Oh..sorry" he says taking his hand of my arm. "It-it's f-fine..." I say still crying. "Max you know you can talk to me about anything right?" Jordan says. I nod. "Ok so what's happened between you and Lucas?" He asks. I sigh and take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

(Lucas POV)

I finally stop crying and I just stare at the roof. All I could think about is max. The way her red fiery head would shine in the sun and how her sky blue eyes would beam at me. She was truly beautiful but I can't stand to see her face again. The way it looked when she saw me with Stacy is a feeling I never want her to feel again. She looked so heartbroken because of me. So it's best to give her a chance of true happiness with someone else. Maybe Patrick. Idk. I just want her to find the right one...

(Max POV)

I take a deep breath as I finish telling Jordan everything. He stands there shocked with his eyes popping out his head. "Your telling me my brother cheated on you and now he's ignoring you even though you forgave him?!" He said getting angry. I nod. "I swear I'm going to fuck him u-" he says. "NO Jordan he only did it because he thought I was cheating" I cut him off. "Still that doesn't make it right Max" He says. I shrug. "It's Lucas he always makes mistakes" Jordan sighs. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "Max before you moved to school..Lucas was a mess" He says. I furrow my eyebrows. Lucas a mess? . "He was never happy and he never cared about school until he met you..." Jordan continues. "He never even smiled until you came..." He sighs. I was shocked "Why?" Is the only thing I spill out my mouth. "There was this girl once.." Jordan says. "Her name was Sabrina..and Lucas loved her" He continues. "He would not stop talk about her everyday" Jordan says. "Until one day he found out she was cheating on him with his ex best friend the whole time they were dating" He finishes sighing. Jordan looks at me. I couldn't respond I was stunned. "But Max when you came in his life I saw the gleam in his eyes appear again" Jordan smiles at me. "You made him feel happiness again" he continues. I feel my heartbeat do flips. I gulp. I smile brightly.

I'm going to fight for our relationship. No matter what it takes...

(Lucas POV)

It was getting dark and I was still in my bed staring at the roof. I was stuck in my thoughts until I hear something hitting my window. I walk over to my and see a pretty little redhead throwing pebbles at my window. I smile. I open my window. "Max?" I say smiling still. "Hey mind if I come in?" She asks climbing up. "Seems you've already made you mind up" I chuckle as she struggles to get up. I lean down and grabs her hands. I lift her up with all my strength and she eventually makes it through my window. As I lift her through the window she falls on top of me causing me to fall also. We were both now on the floor. "Hey" She smiles. I smile at the nostalgia. This just feels like the last time. My heart beat fastens at how close our faces were. "Hey..." I say smiling back at her. We stare at each other awkwardly until she stands up. I Stand up also.

I stretch the back of my neck nervously. "Umm...are you ok?" I speak up. "Hmm..yeah I'm feeling better" Max responds. "You?" She asks. I nod. "Much better" I smile at her. I sit on my bed as she sits next to me. "So max I've been thinking" I say playing with my thumbs. She looks at me furrowing her eyebrows. "About what?" Max asks. "Umm...you" I say looking at her. Her cheeks turn red and she shoves me. "Shut up flirt" She says. I chuckle. "No seriously I couldn't stop thinking about you and I've realised something..." I say. She stares at me to continue. I turn towards her and I grab her hands placing them on my lap. "I've realised max that your worth something to fight for" I say. "I've realised Max that I love you and I can't imagine myself on this earth without you" I continue. "And I hope you know that there's no one else, not Stacey or any girl in this world that could have the love that I have for you" I admit feeling my heart racing. "And yes I feel like the worst person in the world when I cheated on you and it's been hard for me knowing what I did to you but Max please listen when I say this but I swear on everything I love that I'll never ever do such a thing to you ever again" I say looking into her eyes. I feel a tear slip out my eye. "God Max I love you so much please take me back.." I say beginning to cry. She starts crying also. Max grabs my hands. "Lucas I've been trying to tell you this whole time I forgive you and I know you won't make that mistake ever again" she says beginning to cry. Our foreheads touch as our tears slip. "Lucas I'm glad your here" Max says smiling. "I'm glad your here too" I respond smiling at her. I stare at her lips. I hesitate at first until she starts leaning in first. We both lean in and our lips connect. I feel butterflies in my stomach and that spark again. Just like our first kiss I get The spark I get whenever our lips connect. We continue kissing and this was truly magical. I felt a gleam of light in my heart. My whole body was exploding in happiness.

Word count: 1425

FINALLLYYYYYY!!!! Lumax!!!!!!