Chapter 8 | Championship Game...

(Lucas POV)

Today was the day of the championship game and I was super nervous. I've played great all season and now it was time for the big one and I'm super anxious. Max has been helping me with my anxiety and I now know how to deal with it better. I always take my medication and whenever I feel anxious in a game I look in the stands and see max and I immediately feel better. I was honestly so grateful for Max and I couldn't do this without her.

I walk into school with the basketball team and everyone starts cheering for us. I smile and give my brother a hug before I go find my beautiful girlfriend. I walk to my locker and pull my morning books and binders out. I feel arms wrap around me and someone covers my eyes. "Guess who?" Max asks covering my eyes. "Stacey my girl" I tease her. She moves her hands from my eyes and punches my shoulder making me laugh. "Your an asshole" she says annoyed. I wrap my arms around her waist. "Your asshole" I say smiling down at her. Max gets on her tip toes and gives me a warm kiss on the lips. She pulls away and smiles at me. "I love you" she says. "I love you too" I respond giving her a kiss on the lips. I hear the cheerleaders snickering behind us but I didn't care as I continue to kiss Max. We kiss for a minute or two and as I pull away I see the cheerleaders face go red and I laugh at them. Max sees what I'm looking at and laughs also. "So you ready for the big game?" She asks smiling at me. My face drops and I scratch the back off my neck. "Anxious?" She asks. "Yeah! Really anxious!" I say looking into her eyes. "You know every time your anxious just look at me in the crowd" she says grabbing my hand and I smile. "I know you've been there all season and I really appreciate it!" I smile down at her. She smiles back and says "always I love seeing my muscular boyfriend balling" Max smirks. "Your soft now" I tease her . "Shut up" She snaps and I put my hands up in defence.

We walk to class and it was boring once again I felt like going sleep. I wasn't paying attention until I hear the teacher speak up. "As you all know today is the big day for our school team and our young star Lucas Sinclair is in class with us and is going to do us proud" The teacher smiles at me. I feel everyone's eyes dart towards me and I immediately feel anxious scratching the back of my neck. I look down and feel Max'a warm hand grab mine and I smile at her. "Umm...thanks Miss Lopez" I smile at the teacher. "No problem anyway even if it's the big championship game you have to do your work!" She says looking at me and I nod.

Class ended , me and max walk out holding hands and head towards the cafeteria. As we walk towards the school cafeteria for lunch I hear voices from beside me saying "good luck Lucas" "do us proud Lucas" "your going crazy today I feel it" and honestly it was overwhelming. I had to play good or I will forever be a loser and a laughing stock and I was scared to fail. "Hey you ok?" I hear max ask from the side of me. "Yeah just scared" I answer truthfully. "Scared of what?" She asks. "Umm..of failing or playing bad and being a laughing stock and getting bullied and I'm so nervous I think my brains going to explode-." I get interrupted by max kissing me. She pulls away and smiles at me. "Your not going to fail and I believe in you" She encourages me and I smile. I kiss her cheek and say "your the best! You know that right?" I say continuing to kiss her cheeks softly. She starts giggling and I love that sound. "Stop Lucas your embarrassing me!" She continues laughing. I pull away and we walk into the cafeteria.

We walk in and head towards our table where the party was waiting for us. "Hey cuties" El says sending Max a wink and her cheeks go red. "Where were you guys?" Dustin asks. "Yeah where we're you" Will adds on. "Probably making out!" Mike smirks. I punch his shoulder and say "we're not you and El". Mike cheeks immediately go red and El does too. "Anyway how you feeling about the big game?" I see Will ask smiling at me. "Umm..really nervous" I admit. "Nervous?" Dustin says confused. "Dude your literally averaging 25 points!" Will adds on. "Yeah bro your literally one of our best players besides your brother" Mike also adds on. "Yeah you and your brother are unstoppable!" El smiles at me. "Uhh guys that probably why he's nervous" Max speaks up. "Everyone is making him out to be this great player and now the pressure he feels to deliver on the biggest stage of them all!" Max adds on. I kiss her cheek and I smile. She literally reads my mind sometimes. "Finally a reasonable human being" I say teasing the others. They all just flip me off as I sit down with Max. We all have a good talk to get my mind off the big game and honestly I was feeling much better. Lunch ended and I head to my last few classes. The classes were boring and I wasn't listening. I head towards the basketball lockers as the big game starts soon.

"Hey bro" I say giving my brother a handshake. "What's up You nervous?" Jordan asks smiling. "Yeah super nervous" I nod at him. "It's fine I was super nervous my first championship game and I still played amazing" he assures me and I nod. I put my jersey on (I was wearing the number #8 for my favourite player Kobe Bryant 🕊) and my shorts on with my green Nikes on. We head out for shoot-around and as we walk out all the stands we're full already. I look around to find Max with the party and I find them clapping and smiling at me and I smile back at them. I lock in and I start putting my shots up and they were all going in and I realise this is going to be a big game for me , I could feel it in my bones. I decide to get the crowd riled up so I start doing insane dunks. First I did a windmill then a 360 off the backboard. The crowd was roaring and I was so pumped up.

The game starts and I was in the starting lineup next to my brother. We win the jump ball and I start dribbling the ball up the court. I tell my brother to set me a screen and he does as I speed up dribbling past the defender. The lane was open and I jump up and slam the ball in the net and the crowd goes wild. It was now there possession and I mark the person whose dribbling the ball. He tries to dribble past me but I was there the whole time. The shot clock goes down and he forces up the shot and I lift up blocking it out of bounds. I felt unstoppable and my brother did too as we combined for 70 first half points. Me with 30 and him with 40.

The next half starts and we were winning by a lot until they start making there shots. It was the fourth quarter and they started to double team me and I couldn't get much off a offensive flow going. The score was now 99-90.We were winning by nine but it felt like it was slipping away from us. My brother was still going off. He now had 55 points and me with 40. I dribble the ball up and I immediately get doubled team. I try to throw the ball to my brother but it's gets intercepted and I get frustrated. "Fuck!" I say smacking my head in anger. "Bro calm down!" I hear Jordan say wrapping a arm around me as we call a timeout. "What do you mean calm down? I'm playing like trash in this quarter!" I say angry. "Bro it's fine calm down and you will start playing good again" he reassures me and I give a small smile not really believing him. "Yeah sorry" I say to my brother. He puts a hand on my shoulder and says "look" pointing at Max. I look at what he was pointing at and I see my girlfriend smiling at me clapping and I immediately calm down. "Your right let's go win this!" I smirking at me brother. There was two minutes left and my brother had to sit out with a ankle injury. I was worried but I needed to win this game for us. I started to go off. Swishing threes and start dunking everywhere .  The score was 120-115 to us. There was one minute left and I start defending everyone. I block there shots and I was making them. I go up for a dunk and the guy jumps with me and I slam the ball making a poster out of him and. The crowd went wild. It was a blowout now and everyone started celebrating. The game ends and I throw the ball in the air jumping. I was so happy as everyone swarmed the court. My brother walks up to me limping. "Bro holy shit every college is going to want you now!" Jordan smiles at me. I look around for Max and my friends. I find them and Max runs up to me and I pick her up swirling around. "Hey" She smiles at me. "Hey beautiful" I say putting a strand of her red hair behind her ear. I see her cheeks go red and I smile. "Bro you were amazing!" I hear Dustin say hugging me from behind. "Yeah I think you have like 70 points!" Will says joining in on the hug. "We're all so proud of you and you dunked on that guy that's going viral!" El smiles joining in. "I love you all so much" I say smiling at them all. This is honestly one of my best days ever on this earth!!!

🕊RIP KOBE BRYANT🕊

New chapter soon...