Chapter 19 | Family

(Lucas POV)

I leave Max's house extremely embarrassed. "Way to leave a first impression to her mum dumbass" I tell myself facepalming. I walk back into the house and my parents and brothers were watching tv. "Hey Lucas come watch tv with us" Jordan says signalling for me to walk over. I sigh then walk over to them. I sit next to Jordan and see what there watching. I see that there watching Teen wolf and I actually like this show. "Hey I like this show!" I speak up. "Yea me too I tried to tell mum and dad but they didn't believe me" Jordan says. "I must admit you were right son" Our dad says arm around my mum. "I know" Jordan smirks.

"So how was Max's house?" Jordan whispers to me. "Umm...it was fine until her parents basically walked in on us..." I say embarrassed. Jordan starts laughing. I smack his arm. "Not funny dude" I say and he keeps laughing. "No I can't that's tooo funny" Jordan says louder and now our parents were looking at us funny. "What's so funny son?" Our dad asks Jordan. I quickly put my hand on his mouth before he can talk. "Nothing dad" I say smiling. Jordan takes my hand of his mouth and chuckles. "Oh it's something father" Jordan says and my face burns. "What is it Lucas?" Our mum asks. I scratch the back of my neck nervous. "Umm...so you know how I went over to Max's house" I begin talking. "Well we were doing teenager stuff you know making out and stuff and her parents walked in..." I say looking away embarrassed. Our dad begins laughing. "Holy shit you were right son" he laughs looking at Jordan. Jordan begins laughing too. I put my head down embarrassed. I guess our mum noticed as she smacks our dads hand. "Hey stop embarrassing your son!" She says to my dad. My dad immediately stops laughing and Jordan does also. I just stand up and go to my room.

I pull my phone out and check the time it was 8:15pm . I decide to just scroll on instagram and I noticed Max latest post. It was a selfie and her freckles were showing with her beautiful blue eyes and her red fiery hair. she looked so pretty. I liked it and commented "Beautiful😍" then I turn my phone off. I just look up at my roof and lay there thinking about Max. As I'm thinking I hear my door open. I sit up to see who it is. I look and see my brother Jordan. "What's up bro?" I ask him. "Not much just checking on you" He explains. I just nod. "Well I'm fine so now you can leave" I say sending him a small smile. "Oh ok btw you know how next week is the last week of school and I'm finally graduating" Jordan says. I nod and smile. "How could I forget the big day for my brother?" I smile proudly at him. He sends me a smile back. "Yeah anyway our whole family is visiting for a little celebration" He explains. "And mum was wondering if you wanted Max to meet everyone" He finishes. My eyes widen. Max meeting my whole family?. Would she be up for it? I ask myself. You know what what's the worst that can happen. "Sure I'll ask her about it" I say and Jordan smiles. "Please bring her I already know our family is going to love her since our parents already do" he says leaving the room. I smile to myself. I'm so happy my parents and brother like her. I lay my head in the pillow and slowly fall asleep.

(Max POV)

It was currently 9:00pm and I was sleeping until I hear my front door burst open and people arguing. I quickly go downstairs in my pjs and I see my dad arguing with my mum next to someone I don't recognise. My dad looks at me. "It's fine sweetie go back to sleep" he says smiling at me. I shake my head no. "What's going on and who is that?" I say pointing at the man next to her. "The names Neil kid" Neil says offering his hand. I leave his hand there and look at my mum. "Why are you bringing random men to our house?!" I ask her. She scoffs at me. "Your one to talk" My mum says. "For the last time Lucas is my B...o..y..f..r..i..e..n..d" I say slowly annoyed. "And Neil's my boyfriend!" She says and my eyes widen. She just got divorced a few days ago and already found a boyfriend. "So why are you here?" I ask her. "Remember you and dad are divorced so you don't live here anymore!" I say. She rolls her eyes at me. I just shake my head and walk upstairs. I slam my door shut and I start crying into my bed sheets. I really thought my mum and dad would get back together and now there is no chance.

I continue crying into my bed sheets and after awhile I stop. I decide to go to the one person that can make me feel better. I walk to Lucas's house and knock on the door. It's late so I wouldn't be surprised if he was asleep. I wait for a minute or two until someone answers the door. I look up and it's his mum. "Oh hey sweetie..you ok?" She asks me in a sweet motherly way. I would always hate when my mum would do that voice but hearing from Lucas's mum sounded different it sounded sweet and angelic. "Um..I was wondering if I could talk to Lucas about something?" I ask her nervous. "Yeah of course but I think he's asleep so you will have to wake him up" She says. My eyes widen. "Umm..it's fine I'll just go back home" I say turning around on my heel. "Hey it's fine sweetie go wake him up that boy is obsessed with you and I'm sure he won't mind waking up to help you" She reassures me. I smile at her. "Ok thank you so much" I say happy. She smiles at me and hugs me. "It's fine..plus I heard what happened earlier" she smirks into the hug. My cheeks go red and I blushed. "Umm..sorry about that" I say pulling away from the hug and scratching the back of my neck embarrassed. "It's fine now go wake the sleepy head up" She chuckles and I laugh.

I enter the house and I was greeted by his dad and Jordan. "Hey guys" I wave at them as there watching there show. "Hey Max" his dad says smiling. "Hey little sis" Jordan says smiling also. His dad looks at him confused. "Little sis?" He asks Jordan. Jordan chuckles. "Not literally dad you haven't heard?" Jordan asks  his dad. "I haven't heard what?" He responds. "That Max is going to be my sister in law in a few years" Jordan smirks at me and my cheeks burn. "Oh...Jesus Christ you scared me then I thought mum had another kid without me knowing" His dad says relieved and Jordan chuckles. I smile at them. I wish me and my family was like that. "Ok now come wake Lukey bear up" His mums says to me and I chuckle. "Lukey bear?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. "Oh lucas always sleeps with his teddy bear hence the nickname" She laughs and I join.

I go upstairs and enter the room. I see Lucas snoring cuddling his teddy bear. I laugh to myself. There's no way a 18 year old should be sleeping with a teddy bear. I just smile at him and I find it incredibly adorable. I move the teddy bear and throws in on the floor whilst crawling into his arms. He groans and I chuckle. "Hey Lukey bear" I tease. "What do you want mum..." He says in a sleepy raspy voice. It was honestly attractive but he did not just call me his mum! . "I'm not your mum dufus" I say louder and his eyes dart open. "Max?" He sits up rubbing his eyes. "Are you ok?" He asks in his worried voice. "Yeah...home life sucks so I came over here" I say admittedly sitting next to him. He smiles at me. "I told you can come here anytime you have problems and you listened" Lucas says. I shove his shoulder. "Hey I listen a lot and plus I like spending time with you" I admit blushing. He just sits there and wraps his arm around me. I lean my head on his shoulder sighing. "Want to talk about it?" He asks rubbing my shoulder. I shake my head. "Can we talk about it tomorrow?" I say and he nods. "Of course Max" He smiles. I smirk noticing his teddy on the floor. "I never knew your name was Lukey bear and you sleep with a teddy bear" I tease him. Lucas looks down embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck. "Now I'm embarrassed again" He says. "Again?" I ask taking my head of his shoulder. "Yeah earlier max!" Lucas says laughing. I join in laughing. "Yep earlier was embarrassing!" I say still laughing.

"Anyway I'm tired mind if I sleep here?" I ask him. "No of course!" He says laying back in the bed. I lay in bed next to him and he cuddled me with his bare skin. I decide to take my shirt off leaving me in my bra. I always loved how his warm skin felt cuddled up to me and I feel myself drifting asleep.

WORD COUNT : 1651

Sorry for the long chapter but I hope you enjoyed it!!!