Chapter 7 | Anxiety...

(Lucas POV)

I have been dealing with anxiety since I was a little kid but no one except my brother knows this. I take medicine to calm my nerves and when I get an anxiety attack my brother always helps me through it. To be honest I'm just to ashamed to tell my parents and honestly I was embarrassed by it. It made me feel like a weak minded person and I was supposed to be this cool muscular basketball player.

It was another boring normal day at school until I see some cheerleaders picking on Max. "Hey what are you guys doing?" I ask walking behind max putting my arm around her. "We we're just telling this freak to leave you alone" Stacey answers. I scoff at her. I look down at Max and I see her face look hurt and it infuriated me. I look up at shout at Stacey "don't ever call my girlfriend a freak again and no she won't leave me alone just because some brain dead cheerleaders told her to". I see the cheerleaders gasps at me. I didn't care about all the eyeballs on me. I cared about max and I won't let anyone bully her. I have to protect her. I calm down and I see the cheerleaders walk about but everyone was still looking at me wide eyed. I started having trouble breathing and I panic. Max noticed this and grabs me by the arm and takes me to the janitors closet. "Hey hey look at me" She says grabbing my face. I was still struggling to breath and I felt chest pains. "Your fine just look at me" she continues. I look into her eyes as my vision starts going blurry. I try staring into her eyes but it all came too much for me to handle and everything goes black...

(Max POV)

I was at my locker getting my books out ready for class. I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see the same cheerleaders from yesterday. I roll my eyes at them. "What do you want now?" I ask. "Lucas did you tell him what I said yesterday" Stacey says darting her eyes at me. I shake my head saying "no because he wouldn't want no ugly cheerleaders". I snap at her and she gasps. "Did you just call me ugly? Have you looked in a mirror lately?" She snaps back at me. "No I don't have to because my boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful every day" I say annoyed. "Yeah have you even let him have sex yet?" she responds. My face goes red and I look down embarrassed. "That's what I thought!" Stacey says. I feel a arm wrap around my shoulders and I hear my boyfriend say standing behind me "hey what are you guys doing?" Lucas asks annoyed. "We were just telling this freak to leave you alone!" Stacey answers his question twirling a strand of her hair. I look down. Maybe I am a freak and Lucas would leave me eventually for a cheerleader. I guess Lucas noticed the expression on my face as he snaps at the cheerleaders. "don't ever call my girlfriend a freak again and no she won't leave me alone just because some brain dead cheerleaders told her to!" He defends me and I smile. The cheerleaders walk away and I notice everyone was still staring. I see Lucas expression drop and I see him struggle to breathe. I grab his arm and run to the janitors closet. "Hey hey look at me" I say grabbing his face. He was still struggling to breathe and I see he puts his hand on his heart. "Your fine just look at me" I say reassuring him but it wasn't enough. I see his eyes get teary then all of a sudden he passes out falling into my arms...

(Lucas POV)

I wake up to beeping sounds and in a hospital gown. I look to my left and right and no one was in here except me. I notice a red button next to me so I click it. I lay there staring at the roof until I hear the door open. I see a doctor walk in. "Hey you ok?" She asks giving me a light smile. "Yeah what happened?" I ask confused. "Oh you had a anxiety attack at school and you passed out so some girl with red hair called the hospital and they came to pick you up from school" The doctor answers and I nod. "Do you know the girl with red hair she had pale skin with bright blue eyes?" The doctor asks. I nod and smile that's my max. I respond "yeah that's my girlfriend max". The doctor nods. "Yeah the girl is in school right now but we told her that we would call her if your awake , do you have a way to contact her?" The doctor asks. I shake my head saying no. "Oh ok that's fine she knows your here so I'm sure she will be here soon" the doctor smiles at me. "What time is it?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "It is 3:20" she says looking down at her watch and I nod in response. School ends at 3:30 so that means she will be here soon. I lay my head on the pillow drifting away...

(Max POV)

It was currently 3:28 and I was bouncing my knee under the desk wanting class to end quicker. I needed to see Lucas and see if he's ok . He had a anxiety attack the doctors explained. I never knew Lucas had anxiety he always seemed chilled and relaxed in big environments. My thoughts get snapped as I hear the bell ring and I pick my bag up quickly heading out the school. I get on my skateboard and I start riding to my house. As I stop outside my house I see Lucas parents outside the front porch with his brother looking worried. I decide to walk over to them and I explain what happened. Lucas parents looked shocked but his brother looked different he just nodded like he knew this happens to Lucas.

"Hey max I'm going to visit him now if you want a ride?" Jordan says opening his door jumping in the drivers seats. "Umm if you don't mind" I respond nervously. "Of course I don't mind you helped him so get in" he waves his arm at me to signal get in. I hop in the passenger seat as we head towards to the hospital. The car ride was quiet so I decide to make conversation. "So did you know Lucas had anxiety ?" I ask him. He nods and says "yeah I'm the only one who knows". My eyes widen , that's why his parents looked shocked. "Why doesn't your parents know?" I ask confused. "Umm...he feels embarrassed by it and it makes him feel weak so he made me promise him that I wouldn't tell anyone including our parents" he says. "Me and Lucas went to the doctors and they gave him medication to help him deal with it" Jordan continues. "He always take his medication before a game so he doesn't get anxiety attacks between the game" he says looking into my eyes. My eyes just widen at everything he said. He was embarrassed by himself. Not my Lucas he was always confident.

We finally get to the hospital and I quickly head to the front desk seeing a woman staring at the computer. "Sorry hey is there a Lucas Sinclair?" I ask the lady and she lifts her head up from the computer. "Yeah he woke up recently saying he's waiting for a Maxine mayfield" the lady responds. "Yeah that's me" I say. "And who is this?" The lady asks pointing at his brother standing next to me. "Oh I'm his brother" Jordan speaks up darting his eyes at the lady. "Proof?" The lady asks. He scoffs at her. "My name is Jordan Sinclair and our parents are called Sue Sinclair and Charles Sinclair" he says rolling his eyes. "Ok calm down I get it" the lady responds putting her arms up. "Well he's in room 277 third floor" the lady says looking back at me and I nod. We head into the elevator and it was cramped so I lean over and click floor 3. As I was standing there I felt a hand touch my ass and I instantly smack it away. I look and see a old man smirking at me. I guess Jordan noticed this and grabs the man by the collar saying "never touch her again or I will personally kill you myself". The man looked scared as the elevator doors open revealing the second floor and the man quickly gets out. The door shut again and I look lean over next to Jordan whispering "thanks for that " smiling. He smiles back at me. "Anything for my future sister in law" he winks. I smack his shoulder and he grunts. "What you don't want to marry my brother?" Jordan asks. I feel my face go red blushing. "I'll take that as a yes" He teases me. "Shut up" I respond pushing his shoulder. 

The elevator doors open and the third floor reveals itself and we both step out the elevator. We walk around the hallways trying to find room 277 and we find it. As we enter I see Lucas peacefully sleeping and Jordan laughs.
"Shut up your going to wake him up" I snap at him. "Whatever he looks so funny sleeping" he says still laughing. I guess Jordan's laughing wakes Lucas up as I see him rub his eyes yawning. "Hey Maxie" Lucas says smiling at me. I smile back at him walking up to him hugging him. "Don't do that again you scared me" I stare into his eyes. He laughs and leans into me kissing me on the lips. "Uhm" Jordan coughs making me pull away. I feel my face go red forgetting his brother was here. "Sorry" I say looking at Jordan. "It's fine I just want to see my bro then you go back to sucking each other's faces" he responds. My cheeks goes even redder. "Hey bro" Lucas says lifting his arm giving him a hug. "Hey you good?" Jordan asks still worried about his little brother. "Yeah feeling much better I should get out soon" Lucas responds. "Oh ok I'll go get the car ready outside giving you and max some alone time" he winks at Lucas. Lucas just nods and his brother walks out. "Hey come here" he says smacking his lap. I go on the bed and I sit on his lap and he wraps his arms around me from behind hugging me. "You had me worried you know" I say. "Yeah I'm sorry it's just I'm embarrassed to have anxiety" he responds sad. "Hey it's fine to have anxiety you know, you do realise almost 20% of people have anxiety" I reassure him and his nods. He just holds me and I lay my back against his chest. I could stay there forever. My boyfriend had anxiety and I'm going to help him every step of the way.
I am not embarrassed by it I think it takes a tough person to deal with anxiety and I'm proud of my boyfriend!...

// I just wanted to write this chapter with a message that people who deal with anxiety shouldn't be ashamed by it and tell their loved ones so they can help you get through it and just know it takes a strong person to deal with anxiety!!! //
New chapter soon!!!