Chapter 9 | Will...

(Lucas POV)

It's been two days since the championship game and I couldn't be happier. The clip of me dunking on that guy went viral and now I'm getting attention by the big schools. The party has been getting stronger too. El and Mike are officially dating and happy also Dustin found a girlfriend her name was Suzie and she was super nice. I noticed everyone had someone but Will and I felt bad for him. Will was a great person and he's been my best friend since 4th grade...

I walk into the canteen and the party was waiting for me. "Hey Lucas" I hear Dustin say smiling with Suzie next to him. "Hey doozie!" I respond and they look confused "doozie?" Suzie asks. "Dustin + Suzie= Doozie" I explain. "Oh" they nod. "Hi Celebrity" Mike says smirking. "Shut up bro" I respond sitting down. "Hi Lucas" El says smiling next to Mike. "Hi El" I smile back at her. I sit down next to max and whisper in her ear "hey pretty girl you ok?". Her cheeks go red and she responds "yeah thank you". "Thank you?" I say confused. "For calling me pretty" her cheeks go even redder. "Oh no problem and you are!" I kiss her cheek. I notice Will was quiet and had his head down. "Hey Will the wise" I say smiling at him. He lifts his head and smiles back at me. "Hey Lucas the ranger" Will says smiling. "You alright?" I ask concerned. "yeah fine" he responds looking away. "Hey Will can we talk?" I ask standing up. "Yeah sure" Will responds standing up. "One sec" I say giving Max a kiss on the cheek and waving at the rest of the party.

Me and Will walk out to the corridors. We stop at my locker and I turn towards him. "So what's wrong?" I ask. "Umm...nothing" Will lies. "I know your lying so please tell me what's wrong" I plead. "Ok fine it's just everyone has a partner or someone there dating then I'm just there all alone and I've just been upset" he says looking at me. "Oh you could find a partner all the girls want you" I say opening my locker. "That's the thing Lucas I don't like girls" He responds. My eyes go wide. Why did he never tell me?. "Oh shit" I say shocked. "Yeah shit" Will responds sliding down next to my locker max. I sit down next to me. "So your gay" I say next to him. "Yeah I totally get it bro if you don't want to be my friend anymore" He says next to me. "No just because your gay doesn't mean you any less of a friend to me" I assure him. "I just don't get why you didn't tell me earlier" I continued. "I know it's just I thought you would be ashamed to be my friend" Will says looking at me. "Will I would never be ashamed of you and you have been my best friend since I was a little kid and nothing I mean nothing could change that!" I say giving him a hug. "Thanks Lucas your my best friend forever!" He says smiling into the hug. "So what boy have you got your eye on?" I say pulling away from the hug smiling. "Ummm....Mike" he whispers. My eyes widen. "Mike!" I shout and everyone's eyes come onto us. "Sorry" I say looking down and everyone's eyes look away. "Anyway mike since when?" I ask him. "Since 8th grade" he responds my eyes widen even more. "Why didn't you never tell him?" I ask. "Lucas he's had El and I'm not ruining there relationship!" Will says. "Oh your right" I respond. "Ok well thanks for telling me will" I smile at him. "No problem but can you not tell the rest of the party yet" Will says scratching the back of his neck. "Of course" I say smiling at him.

Me and will walk back into the cafeteria and sit back down with the party. They were all given us suspicious looks. "You ok?" I hear max ask next to me. "Yeah just had a good talk with Will"'I smile at him. "Yeah what was is about" she asks. "Umm that's private gingee" I say laughing. "You did not just call me that!" She snaps at me and I stand up running away. "Shush gingee!" I shout running away. I wasn't looking where I was running until I run into a boy. "Shit I'm sorry" I say picking up the boy. "Nice to meet you" I offer my hand and he shakes my hand. "Thomas Garfield" Thomas says. "Lucas Sinclair" I smile at him. "Anyway I have to go a crazy gingee is on the loose" I wave at him jogging away.

I run into the janitors closet and soon enough Max walks in also. "Caught you loser!" She smirks. "Not really you just followed me into a closet creep" I tease her. "Shut up!" She snaps at me. "Or what?" I say walking her back towards the wall. "Or this!" Max says kicking my balls. "Owwwww" I shout loudly. I grab my balls and whine at Max's. "That was mean!" I say crossing my arms. "Awww little lukey upset" she teases me. "Yeah I'm upset I need a kiss now!" I say still crossing my arms. She laughs and leans into me and now we make out until the end of lunch. The bells goes and we pull away. "Your getting better" I hear Max say walking out with me. "Yeah you are too" I say smiling at her. We walk the hallways then I see something that catches my eyes. The new kid and Will were talking at wills locker and I smiled. I hope he found the one!!!