Chapter 21 | Now Im Completely Broken

(Troy POV)

I sit in the bush and take Pictures of them. I send them to Stacey with a text. "Ready for tomorrow? 😈" I text. "Of course..😈" she responds. I smirk at the phone. Ooh I can't wait for tomorrow. Time to ruin there relationship...!

(Max POV)

We get done at the park and walk home. I give Lucas a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for today" I smile. He grabs my waist and smiles back at me. "Of course I love spending time with you!" Lucas says kissing him. We hold a long kiss then pull away. "Ok bye love you I'll text you" He says walking away. "Ok love you too!" I shout walking into my house. As I enter my house I see my mum there once again with Neil and my dad. I roll my eyes at them. "Let me guess Lucas" My dad says smiling at me. My cheeks turn red and he chuckles at me. I look up and wonder why my mum is here again. "So...what are you doing here?" I ask my mum. "Umm...I wanted to apologise about Lucas it wasn't right for me to assume he was a player and not a good person" My mum says. I roll my eyes. "Ok anything else?" I say folding my arms. She furrows her eyebrows. "You know calling me a whore wasn't nice" I continue. My dads eyes widen. "You called her a whore?!" He says annoyed at mum. "Yeah..." My mums responds. "And I'm so sorry max please forgive me" she continues looking at me. I shake my head and run upstairs.

I slam my door shut and lay on the bed. I start crying. Me and my mum used to be so close and now it's like she's a totally different person. This is causing a ton of depression and I feel I'm losing who I am. I lay my head on the pillow and I cry myself to sleep.

(Lucas POV)

I was so happy! Today was the perfect day. Every moment with Max is like a life long memory stuck in my head of my angel and my guiding light. And yes max is truly my guiding light and without her I'm sure I wouldn't be the person I am. She helped me with my anxiety and fills me with happiness every moment I get to spend with her. I hope this last forever. I never want this to end...! 

I lay my head on the pillow smiling thinking about max. I can't wait to see max tomorrow! .

|Fast forward to school|

(Max POV)

I've been avoiding Lucas today as I'm just too broken and I'm slowly losing myself. I don't want to him to stress about me. I had my headphones with me today and kept them on my head with my hoodie on. I was at my locker listening to my music until I feel someone tap my shoulder. I take my headphones off and turn around. I look to see who it was and it was Troy. "Hey Max!" He says brightly. "hey Troy..." I say giving him a fake smile. Troy smiles back. "So I was wondering.." he says walking closer to me. "If you wanted to hang out after school?" Troy asks really close. Too close for my liking. "Umm..first of all move back and no thanks" I say harshly. I look over to my left and I see Lucas standing there. As I was going to smile at him I feel lips attach to mine. I push Troy off. "Wtf Troy!" I say annoyed. He just smirks. "Don't act like you didn't like it" Troy says still smirking. I smack his face really hard. "Never Do that again asshole!" I say walking away. As I'm walking away I realise Lucas ain't there anymore...

(Lucas POV)

Max has been avoiding me for some reason and I wonder if I did something wrong. It doesn't matter anymore ill come say hi at lunch. She wasn't in the cafeteria with the party so I walk to her locker. As I walk to her locker I freeze. I see her talking to Troy as he was really close to her. I just stand there watching there conversation until there lips connect...

I feel my whole heart break and I run away. I go into the janitors closet and I sit on the floor crying. I can't believe she would ghost me all day and then kiss Troy. Was the problem me believing in a fantasy world of me being happy with the love of my life? . I just continue crying until I hear someone enter. I quickly stand up and wipe my tears. I look up at the person and it was Stacey. I roll my eyes. "What do you want?" I ask annoyed. "You!" She says pushing me back against the wall. She connects her lips to mine and normally I would pull away but what max just did gave me a excuse. I kiss her back roughly and we make out...

(Max POV)

I continue searching for Lucas worried. I have to explain myself and tell him it's not what he saw I promise. I couldn't find him and I Sit on a bench and put my hands on my face stressed. As if my life couldn't get any worser this shit happens. I start sobbing. I feel someone pull me into a hug next to me and I recognise the warmth. "Hey your fine Max" El reassures me rubbing my back. "Whatever your going through your stronger than it I promise" she continues rubbing my back. I continue sobbing. "I messed up El!" I say crying harder. "Shush...your fine!" She continues reassuring me. "I'm not fine El Troy just fucking kissed me and Lucas saw!" I snap sitting up looking at her and her eyes widen. "Woah...hold up you were kissing Troy?" She asks surprised. "No that asshole kissed me knowing Lucas was watching" I say feeling my face go bright red annoyed. "Oh...yeah that's a big problem" El says. "That's not helping me el!" I sigh. "I'm sorry Max but umm....you should check it out for yourself" El says. I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" I ask. Her eyes widen and now I was really confused. "Umm...janitors closet" She says walking away quickly. Janitors closet? I ask myself then I realise. Shit Lucas would be in the janitors closet. I quickly get up and run to the janitors closet.

As I get closer I hear kissing noises and moaning. I feel my heart breaking every step. I'm praying this is not what I'm thinking it is. I open the janitors closet and there it was. Lucas was half naked with Stacey making out. Lucas eyes widen as he pulls away. I feel my vision go blurry and tears threatening to slip as I see Stacey smirking in her bra with hickeys on her neck. "Max it's not what you think it is!" Lucas says putting his shirt back on. I just shake my head and runaway. I start crying and I run out the school.

|fast forward to home|

I run up to my room and I start crying violently. I couldn't believe Lucas would basically have sex with my bully. I grab my pillow and I cry into it. I'm at my lowest and I don't have any meaning anymore. Now I'm completely broken...

And boom...there goes the relationship 😈

Word count: 1288

sorry for the sad chapter 🥲 and I promise more positive chapters soon but I wanted to explore Max's depression and her home life. 🫶