Hannah

I wait patiently with Sadie backstage until our cue comes. When we make our debut onstage, we go through the scene like clockwork: we chat for a bit upon discovering Enso, then Sadie helps him to his feet while I carry his crutches. We move him offstage, returning a moment later once the hut scene has been set up. We lay Oliver down on the sleeping mat. After he "wakes up", he begins talking to us. We go through the rest of the first meeting scene, the marketplace scene, and finally arrive at Sadie's big solo, "New Horizons."

Time seems to go by in slow motion until it's time for "I'm Not Broken". Sadie leaves us alone onstage, and the song starts with Oliver's solo. His voice is like that of a god, and it echoes through the auditorium. Then it's my turn to join in, and our voices blend in perfect harmony. Pure bliss runs through my veins.

Then comes our dance. We had tweaked the choreography a little bit to allow Oliver and I a special moment. He sets his crutches aside and we begin dancing just like we did that evening months ago. For this one moment, it's as if the world belongs just to us. It's as if we are alone in the auditorium. The audience doesn't exist. We are dancing together in our own world.

The song ends way too soon, and the audience applauds as we exit and the house lights come up for intermission.

"You guys were amazing out there!" David compliments us. "Great work."

"Thanks," Oliver replies. "I hope I did it justice."

"You did it more than justice, Oliver," I tell him. He's become so much more confident than when I first met him. We've come so far from our meeting by the cast list. He became so much more than a fellow cast member and friend to me. He became the love of my life and an inspiration. And I couldn't be more proud of or in love with him.