Chapter 4

Sana chup ...ki ho gya ?" her mother spoke while Sidharth kept looking at her , dumbfounded .Her cry sounded like a thunderstorm , a lightening strike , singing everything ,sucking the life out of the living . Her cry had rooted him at a place , for a moment he felt no ground under his feet.Then he saw her , getting up in a hysteria , grabbing her purse ans making a way out ,looking numb.She stumbled on her way , as his hands tried to gather her in his arms ." Shehnaaz " , he heard her being called after , just as he she was about to fall .

"shehnaaz?....you okay ?" he asked just as he balanced her.

She looked back into his face , "kya chahiye tumko?", moving out of his arms , as he kept looking at her , moving out of the door , while her family stood there at the table .

"Her hysteria is not over yet?, her uncle asked , pretending .

"Nahi ,nothing like that , actually she wasn't really feeling very well ,she had a migraine aur thoda gussa thi humse!",her dad Dr Sukhdeep singh ,spoke, looking at the retreating figure.

"Actually, I must apologize to you people for her behavior.", he added further.

"Baccho k mood pe hai sab!",Sahib's mother spoke ,taking a glass of wine from the table.

Sidharth moved back to the table , taking his chair ." Oh my God did you see it , that was scary " , the Deshmukh wife spoke

"AAj kal k bacche ...they are ...koi fikr hi nahi kisi ki!" , Rita spoke .

"Kabhi toh soch le na ki parents ko embarrassment face karna hai...today's generation has become way too selfish, Sidahrth's and Arya's times were different, these little girls nowadays they are....", The Deshmukh wife spoke, looking at the table and the people that had been the witness to a manic stunt

"Arey what ,look at them ,the women drinking .Now if such people raise children, what else would they turn to !",said the Deshmukh.

"Arey inke me toh yeh sab chalta hai." His wife added.While Sidharth and his mother kept quiet.

Shehnaaz moved out quick ,scared and petrified.She moved in quick steps ,barely looking at anyone around.Her head kept low looking at the exquisite flooring that made up the stairs leading to the outside .Making her way out very quickly ,she dig nails into the bag in her hand ,she tried controlling her tears,that risked falling out.

"Gadi nikalo " ,she told her driver reaching the car.

Quickly getting into the car ,she placed her purse on the side ,while looking outside the car."Hospital chalo", she told the driver , while her eyes kept looking back at the world she belonged to.The glitz and decency of the world she was born into was suffocating . The high rise building ,the lighted area , the big luxury cars screaming, civilization, in the English meaning .She kept looking outside ,as rain kept pouring on the window panes, while the car moved out of gate.She lowered the glass and looked outside, the guard standing at the gate of parking ,she looked at the face ,a man older than the age of her dad ,standing in rain wearing a raincoat,waving direction to the car comming in ,a woman older then Shehnaaz's age sat in it looking outside ,her eyes holding some story ,some sad story .How strange , the world was not an easy place to anyone.It was not simple to anyone . Perhaps, the man was working at this age was perhaps working to pay for his daughters school fees ,or maybe wife's cancer treatment, or that woman was looking for a solution to her husband's affair ,or her own ?

"Sana?", Miraal looked surprised on seeing Shehnaaz late at night , was not her family dining together? Miraal got up the the stretcher that she had used as a temporary bed to maybe take a small nap,till a case requiring her attention arrived.