Chapter 50

" Yes Dave !", Shehnaaz replied winking back at the man standing in the hospital    lobby. Both of them were dressed in scrubs, wearing masks on their faces. Long work hours were still a trend, india or States, their kind would always be overworked, she thought . Shehnaaz walked away, turning in the opposite direction. She walked out of the main door, to.outside.  As she walked outside the chauffeur dressed in all black, ran up the stairs.  He held out a black umbrella and stretched it over her head, stopping the rain from falling over her head.

"Thank you Cooper!", she spoke as he opened the door to.the car and she got in. Inside she sat with, her eyes wide open, a subtle smile on her face and the back straight. In a year, she had drastically changed. Her mannerisms were more subtle, more curetted to fit the life that awaited her. She turned the her head to the side, looking at the rain that fell, striking everything and everyone that came in between. It couldn't see the difference between the kind and type.

"Shehnaaz you know why you are here?", her grandma asked her. It had been a few of her being in Cali and she had barely adjusted to the new circadian rhythm.

She got up from the bed that she was still.sleeping in. "Satsriakal naano"

The womam sat next to.her, weaving her fingers through Shehnaaz's hair. " Your brother and grandpa are waiting for you, you must go with them, there is still a lot to learn for you. "

Shehnaaz placed her hand over the woman's and brought it closer to her lips, kissing it."Learn what naano?"

"More about yourself. Being a doctor is good , but that's not all that we are. You must learn how money works. How its made and more importantly how its kept within the clans. You must learn all of that. How to protect what you have been blessed with.There is so much that is raw within you,  you must learn.how to tame it!", she spoke clearing the curtains off the windows.

'' You are really late, Saanu?", her aunt told her, when she walked inside the house.  They lived in a huge mansion spanning over an acre in the heart of city.  Gardens and a huge backyard, surrounding the house. They had all  lived together in the house, the grandparents,  their children and their children right upto Shehnaaz's generation.

"Yeah! I am so sorry!", she spoke taking off her trench coat. " It was a pretty busy day, and going by the way you look so dressed up, I guess its gonna be the way for the night too.",  Shehnaaz answered back smiling, kissing at her cheek.

"Your moms here,  get ready and come downstairs!" The woman spoke, looking up towards the the staircase as Shehnaaz walked up. " I had asked, Manpreet to place the suit in your room, wear it, and a light makeup. And then  come to me, I have got something for you!"

" The designs look superb, get in a pitch ready, I dont want us to.miss on this!", Siddharth spoke looking at a team of people sitting in front of him. They were planning to Crack in a construction deal for a new residential set up in the exteriors of Mumbai. Sidharth had been pretty busy, sometimes he even forgot that there once was a person named Shehnaaz.
He got up the chair and moved towards the door,and then turned back and spoke, " Get the thing ready in two days , we should Crack it."

Sidharth was being very disciplined. With the initial stage of the grief having  passed away, he had clutched his life very aggressively and taken it right on the track it was suppose to be. Work had multiplied manifolds in last one year.  He had made more and more money than he had imagined, and that just pumped the adrenaline through his system ,the fact that his effort was paying off.