Chapter 51

Choices are weird. Sometimes when given no choice, people are able to decide much more easily than when given a choice. Sidharth stood at the balcony of his mothers room, from where the lawn could be seen. It was July, and already over two years since Shehnaaz had gone. And Shehnaaz had not just gone, she had disappeared. No one took her name, no texts , no calls; she hadn't even changed the display picture on her Instagram handle for a over a year. He wondered if she was still here, could one of them die and other one not even know. Ria was healthy, she was talking properly, forming full sentences, she could almost walk properly except for a few times. She had started back on her college, though she was about two years late. The psychological and physical therapy had helped her a lot.

"Siddharth come downstairs. ", Aarushi called him from the lawn. The sun had set and the family was busy adjusting the chairs and table for the outdoor dinner the family had decided upon.

"Tu adjust kar le, mai aata hu!", he spoke, smiling at her. She had dressed up in a yellow anarkali dress with a smiliar dupatta.

" Haa, cigarette zaroori hai na!'', she remarked, nodding her head in disagreement. They had grown closer in last one year, sharing their thoughts and ideas, their goals and ambitions. They had shared feelings and emotions that they could not with one, both of them had been like diaries to each other. Sidharth finally had found a friend in her. They were like that power couple, which looked so perfect on paper.

Sidharth winked at her smiling, holding it between the thumb and index finger.

"They look good together. ", Preeti spoke, looking atbthe scene. They were finally being the same, sane family from before the disruption Shehnaaz had caused. Preeti was heavenly relieved, the dark black cloud named Shehnaaz was gone.

"Yes!", Romu smiled,looking at the duo. He knew the context his wife was going to pick up.

"Do you think he's falling for her?", she asked. The duo looked well settled amongst themselves, they had a teamwork energy. If anyone saw them, they would also think the same. Most of the people thought of this as love, the contented blissful and happy energy.

"Shaam ko Maama se pooch lena!", Ria told hitting her mother's arm. " Abhi chalo, it's sizzling hot. ", she added, her eyes pointing at the hot bowl in her hand.

Sahib used the key card to open the room. Shehnaaz had he were traveling to Niagra falls for a trip.

"Fuckk! Sana are you hurt!", he spoke looking at the blood spots on the floor.
"Sana tu thik aa?", ( Sana are you allright?", he asked knocking at the bathroom door.

"Ha! ", she shouted from inside. Shehnaaz had started practicing and this was her first well deserved break from the heavy work schedule.

"Okay !", he answered back sitting on the bed. The fluffy white quilts and the warm lights. Shehnaaz had a choice.

"Ki hoya, rola kaato paaya si?" ( What happened, why did you shout?) She asked cleaning the floor with a wet tissue paper.

He saw what she did and the changed clothes. " Tu menses te aa? ",( are you in menses?)

"Yes! Doc saab ki hoya?" ( what happened?)

" You are not supposed to bleed that much. Tu gynaec nu dasya?"

" Jab samay milega , chala jauga!" She spoke, answering in hindi. Her way to tease him up.for being a constant buzz in her ear

"Ki?", ( what?)", he asked, not recognizing the language she spoke.

"Do saal hon lge mainu aithe. I have got an Americanaccent, lekin Tu hindi da ik lafz ni sikhna.!"
( i have been here for two years, and I speak with an American accent, but you haven't still learned a word of hindi. )