Chapter 25

"I am sleepy Sidharth. ",she mumbled from within his chest.

"Do you want to sleep?"

"Yeah! But sirf sona. No hanky panky.",she answered,pulling her face out of his chest and then moving it back inside.

"Promise!",she spoke when he didn't speak anything

"Aaja!"

Sidharth opened the door to the passenger seat and she got in.Thos happened in a sync,as if on a command and execution program. As soon as he parked the car in a spot reserved for the staff from the department, he pulled her with one hand,placing her in his lap., her face buried into his chest.and her legs went around his torso

"Abhi so ja ek ghanta.I am here!"

"I am tired!", she mumbled moving her face on his chest trying to find a comfortable spot to sleep on.

"I know!", he spoke agreeing with more than what she had spoken of.

Shehnaaz closed her eyes and tried to sleep.She was in his arms, sitting in his lap, trying to find a safe space to sleep.She closed her eyes and stilled her self.Sidharth encircled his arm around her waist and held her close, not saying a word, not moving a finger. She needed that to sleep.His chin rested on top of her head a little inclined towards the skin at her neck,his breath fanning the area.Shehnaaz felt his breaths fall there, she knew it was him.Her mind knew it was him,yet her skin reacted. His breath falling into her ear and neck, started to unease her.Slowly the tension started building up in her body, her heart rate started rising.

"Oh! Look how much of the stuff you have made up.Robbie and others died because of you.And now you have accused me wrongly I have loved you like my child.Robbie was your brother,but instead of feeling any pain you are trying to gain attention." Her uncles voice saying that to a fourteen year old Shehnaaz started to echo.His lips close to her ears, whispering softly into her ears,his breath fanning her skin over there, while his fingers carefully brushed whatever of breasts had been formed.

After her mother had,had Shehnaaz promise her that she wouldn't create a scene, the entire family had been together for a prayer meet. A day after the prayer meeting had ended, Shehnaaz had slipped from the staircase at her home and fractured a few bones in her foot and her tibia.And thats when her uncle found a chance to visit her while she was incapacitated and lay in a bed at their own hospital.

She didn't want to scare Sidharth off, she closed her eyes tight and tried to stop all the whispering that her ears could hear.A part of her brain tried to calm her while the other kept doing the trick it had been used to. Her mind easily connected any those breaths from Sidharth's mouth to her past experiences and tried to protect her.This was a relfex her brain had mastered to protect her. Shehnaaz almost stilled, closed her eyes tight and bit her lower lips tightly.This was going to divert her brain, she had successfully created pain in the physical body to divert her subconscious and it worked.As the evolution has trained animal the primary focus of the brain is always the body

Her heart rate slowed and the body began to ease.That is when Siddharth felt something odd.She was meant to be calm and quiet but the agitation and sudden breakdown of that agitation seemed abnormal.He raised his hands upto her head and pulled her face out of his neck to have a look and thats when he saw it.

"The fuck!" The words left his mouth as he saw blood ooze out at the edge if her lip.

"How did this happen?", he was quick to question.The question happened involuntarily without knowing that he knew that it was her.

When she looked back into his eyes.He had both questions and answers, none of which she had the courage to face.

"Kuch nahi!", she spoke as her eyes watered. She hoped he wouldn't ask any questions.