Chapter 53

Shehnaaz walked out of room. Her senses numb, she could not hear or see for a few minutes. What had she just done. This was not supposed to be her part of the story. Don't you meet him ever again , she remembered what her mother had asked.

"Bol dia?", Her mother spoke,looking at Shehnaaz. Shehnaaz was sitting on the chair,a glass of water held in her hand.

"Crying does not help, Sana. You shouldn't have told him anything. See this. He used it, didn't he ?", Parminder spoke sitting next to her. " Shehnaaz if you have been quiet for so long, then stay quiet. But if you choose to speak, speak i would not stop you. But you must remember what happens when you speak. The scandal that comes along is your price. You are an adult, you want to.speak , you speak, you want to stay quiet ,you stay quiet. We would stand with you in all situations. But the choice is yours. Its yours in its absolute form and the price you pay is also yours "

" I didn't know he would do this. I trusted him!", she spoke

" Well you have always been a poor judge of character, haven't you?" Her dad spoke. He walked upto the chair and kneeled in front of her, " Let it go, whatever his sisters has said. When the choice is between yourself and anything or anyone else, you choose.."

"I choose myself. Everytime without any guilt. Because that is important for survival. ", Shehnaaz completed the sentence for her dad. She wiped the tears of her eyes and smiled. "No one gets to fuck up. Anything that I have worked so hard to make."

"Thats like a woman. You will not let anything sabotage your prospects to rule. Right?", the woman spoke kissing her head.

"Mumma do you think they know about....", she was about to speak more,.when her dad placed his hand over hers.

" Nobody knows about nothing. There is nothing for anyone to know. " stopping her from talking any further.

Shehnaaz had trusted him with whatever he knew. But it seems no one was enough. In a crystal clear mannerism, Siddharth would use Shehnaaz as a human shield to protect his neice and he had done exactly the same. As she walked back through the corridor, the voices of people walk around became clearer and louder. "Siddharth door khula..." Arushi's voice kept ringing in her ears. He was a married man, with a wife.and he had still.chosen to kiss her. Surely his claims of love could never be trusted. With every step that she took in the direction her heart rate rose, her steps became fatser, she could hear and see only strange things and patterns. Her head refused to recognize any. Something ached so bad in her. She took a few quick steps reaching her room, making sure no one sees her like that. Opening the door she was very quick to close it as well. She closed it and stood there at the door, facing the interoir letting her tears flow.

"Shehnaaz? Is that you? ", came Sahibs voice, shattering the glass of wall that was going to suffocate her.

She looked up, thanking God that everything was still fine. "Ha its me!"

"Tu thik aa" he asked his voice still sleepy.

Shehnaaz walked to the bathroom and washed her face. She was still crying and tears wouldn't stop. She stripped naked and walked under the shower, she was taking bath for a third time in a few hours. As the water fell on.her body she felt it clean her away. Wash everything that would ache her to some distant sea, calming her.

She stepped out of the shower, moving to the bedroom area where Sahib had been sleeping. She sat on her side of the bed and slipped into the quilt.

"Kithe si?" ( Where were you) he aksed in sleep, feeling her get into the bed. He was still sleeping his eyes clsoed, his face to the other side.