Chapter 65 (a)

"Shehnaaz carry your phone!" Her mother spoke moving out of the car. The benz halted at the entrance of the Taj diplomatic enclave, as the woman opened the door moving out of the car. She stood there looking at Shehnaaz, forwarding her hand.

"Move out carefully!" Parmider spoke, helping Shehnaaz with her dress as she got out of the car. The darker skies of night had just started to set in, the cars arriving and guests moving in. It was going to be a grand event. Union of families like Shehnaaz's and Sidharth's often meant gradeur and opulence. All people important that Gills knew were invited to the engagement.

The heart of Delhi, was bustling streets and vibrant culture.And here at Taj within its towering structure, adorned with intricate carvings, a testament to the city's rich heritage,within the walls of this lavish establishment, a love story was about to unfold-a union between two souls, bound by love and transcending the boundaries of age, cultures and thoughts. Shehnaaz and Sidharth were beginning their wedding festivities with a king size engagement party.Though the traditional ceremony had been conducted a few hours back in the gurdwara.

Shehnaaz stepped out, letting go of a deep sigh.It was late October with a little out of season drizzle. "Its auspicious!" Miraal spoke looking at Shehnaaz, as Shehnaaz looked up towards the sparkling dazzle of the artificially lit up structure.

Shehnaaz felt the drops of water fall on her face and then drip down her face and neck.She smiled at the feel of upcoming winters, her favorite season and let go a sigh. She wasn't anxious, but definitely nervous. Things like these were always scary no matter how long you had been together.

Draped in a resplendent lehenga, she was a vision of ethereal beauty. Her all white creamy pink attire, embellished with intricate silver embroidery ,the detailed stich of Zari and adorned with shimmering sequins, shimmered under the soft glow of chandeliers. The latkans at the back of her backless blouse held in detailed mirrorwork and silver threads created a hue of a dream. She was born a princess, and she was going to be a queen. The uncut white diamons radiated the soft shimmer of the hall as she descended down the staircase into the party room.
The richness of her outfit was complemented by her radiant smile, which illuminated the room with its warmth. Her long, dark hair cascaded down her back, flowing unrestricted along her body. She was wearing no maang teekas, no bangles, just the diamonds in her neck and ears, embracing her natural grace. With each step she took, the soft tinkling sound resonated, as if the very ground she walked on acknowledged her arrival.

His eyes fell.on her as he awaited her arrival down the stairs. Just as he saw her arrive, in front of hall full of people, announcing her upcoming union to him, made his heart swell with pride. He held Rita's hand a little tighter squeezing it a little. A man his age, was feeling the same, the woman thirteen years younger to him. They were both scared and excited at the same time.

"My kids better get their looks from you!" He spoke looking at Shehnaaz, as he walked to her, asking for her hand.

"I am scared!" She admitted like a little girl. She had always been this to him. All honest and upfront.

"Aaja!" He winked at her as she placed her hand into his and then turned around to see the world together!

"You look so handsome!" She spoke amidst the applause.His regal presence accentuated by a traditional white creamy kuta pajama, the same kind of works .

"Welcome to Shuklas!" Rita whispered into her ears, placing a kiss at her cheek. "You are the bravest and most headstrong woman,I have ever seen. And Sidharth couldn't have found anything better!" She added.

The greetings were exchanged, people met the couple , presented them.with gifts and congratulations. They kept smiling, clicking pictures with whosoever asked. The Dj played the music and couple danced,.singing along enjoying the very union they were being set upto.