chaper 10

His eyes widened, he turned looking at her .She was still visibly unaware of what she had spoken. He smiled, looking at her playing with sand , creating some patterns in it.

"Gadhi ! Kuch bhi bolti hai",he spoke planting a kiss her head.

She turned back ,smiling ,"wow ! You are a charmer ! Mr Shukla"

"Chal", he said forwarding his hand to her,as he got up wiping whatever of the beach soil had stuck to his clothes.

"Kaha?", she spoke getting up ,repeating the action.

"Jaha bolegi.

That was it. Some conspiracy,  something moving its pawns  in perfection. Its true that there is no God writing our destiny ,no one writes it for us to live it ,its we ourselves who write it ,maybe over lifetimes.Is it us who conspire whom to meet and at what time ,or was it time conspiring us?

"You always look ...", she stopped in the middle looking at him ,"proper , Mumbaikar types, dressed neatly ."

He chuckled,  " what does that mean ?"  ,he asked looking at her .

"I don't know ,its just I have never seen you say a word more than required , I have never seen you use a cuss word ,and on top of it you are way more appropriately dressed for everyday!"

" And what does that say about me ?"

" That you have been raised to behave in correct manner , and you do so!",she answered observing him

" I think you are used to projecting ,being appropriate! There is part of you that does not draw boundaries, you think that because they are your own people, both them and you can move past any boundaries....", she looked at him .

"When you ....", he was about to answer when she interrupted.

"Siddharth can you please stop near the chemist?"

"Ha , I will!".He slowed down ,stopping near the chemist.She turned, opening the door of the car ,when he spoke.

"Shehnaaz kya chahiye , I will get it "

She turned her head towards him ,"don't worry ,I can do it !''

He looked at the shop , it was situated next to a liquor vending shop . At this hour of night,  ,he didn't think it was appropriate for her to get out of car.

"Stay , I will get it whatever it is or we will buy it from somewhere else!"

She knew he was persistent, and it would be impossible to convince him otherwise. So she opened the door anyway moving out of the car.Sidharth felt anger rush into him ,he wasn't used to hearing a no .In a moment he too left the car to stand at the counter, while she talked to the guy.

"Madam yeh nahi hai.",the guy said, looking at her.

She nodded ,looking for something in her phone ,and then showing it to him.
The guy at the counter took the phone ,reading her ID from the hospital and a prescription. He nodded ,giving her the phone back , and soon the medication.

"Do you want me to drop you at your apartment?", he asked once they were back in the car.

She turned to him ," Naah !...you can drop me back at Marriott!"

"Marriott? ", he questioned back  , recalling the condition he had seen her in, back at Marriott.

"Do you mind ,if I take you to.my place ?", ge asked.

With the kind of person she was ,it was impossible to boss around ,she wasn't the one used to taking orders.

"Well , I wouldn't mind ,but are you sure? I mean you seem to be annoyed with me!"